No more Kauai for RCI and Celebrity?

with Waikiki filled with sewage yesterday so that beach is closed & those hotels are not too happy with the foul odor. But an overflow of the pipes in the city from almost 4 months of nonstop rain.

It's an annual event. It happens every Jan-March. I just read the Honolulu Star-Bulletin report on this years spill and it's the same old story, politicians too busy pointing fingers to fix an age old problem.

What your story had to do with my quote is beyond me. Please leave me out of your alarmist posts.

MACOP you certainly are Mary Sunshine sometimes! :rolleyes:

The MAY RCCL cruises are actually scheduled to make all of their port stops! The FALL (SEPT/OCT) cruises are missing ports because of so-called "berthing conflicts" . They are 6 months away, and it has nothing to do with inclement weather, sewage, mudslides, sharks or anything else that is happening now! Thanks for your input, I guess.

Perhaps you could let us enjoy our modified, missing port, vacation planning without the Doom & Gloom posts.

MACOP's weather reporting is correct. No doom and gloom, just accurate information about extremely unusual rain and flooding and sewage issues we're experiencing. This is clearly not an annual occurrence.

I love Kauai too and I'm sorry you folks are missing that port. But please realize we've had loss of lives and residents displaced from their homes due to the heavy flooding.

It's storming here in Honolulu again and with grounds already saturated over the past 3-4 weeks, it'll be a while to even get close to normal.

Just a local's perspective for you folks to consider.

NCL will soon have at least 3 NCL America ships plus the Wind in Hawaii and this will very likely be causing the shortage of berthing places. The new Pride of Hawaii should be ready to go in a few weeks. The really annoying thing from our point of view is it leaves us with only a choice of a bad product or not going at all. Which really can't be the best thing in the eyes of Hawaii.

Lets face it lots of us who have been on NCL America ships will tell you once and never again. Dirty cabins and lousy service is not what I am going to pay for and since NCL is forcing me to pay a service fee (bascially a forced Tip) I can't even get punish lousy service in that manner either. Overall this means Hawaii is not getting my money I am going to spend it elsewhere. I hope others will do the same since most ports will only learn when the money stops coming!!!

NCL will soon have at least 3 NCL America ships plus the Wind in Hawaii and this will very likely be causing the shortage of berthing places. The new Pride of Hawaii should be ready to go in a few weeks. The really annoying thing from our point of view is it leaves us with only a choice of a bad product or not going at all. Which really can't be the best thing in the eyes of Hawaii.

Lets face it lots of us who have been on NCL America ships will tell you once and never again. Dirty cabins and lousy service is not what I am going to pay for and since NCL is forcing me to pay a service fee (bascially a forced Tip) I can't even get punish lousy service in that manner either. Overall this means Hawaii is not getting my money I am going to spend it elsewhere. I hope others will do the same since most ports will only learn when the money stops coming!!!

I know, I have read this innumerable time in the NCL forum. Honestly, a lot of things NCL does appeals to me, but it just seems that they can't get the critical basics done quite right, yet.

MACOP, is always good for something, but other than packing a blacklight I am not sure quite what? :D ;)

jc

MACOP's weather reporting is correct. No doom and gloom, just accurate information about extremely unusual rain and flooding and sewage issues we're experiencing. This is clearly not an annual occurrence.

Maybe the weather is a little unusual, but the sewage spills are certainly an annual occurrence, at least according to the March 28th issue of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

At least 2.2 million gallons of raw sewage spilled between Jan. 1 and last Monday, a rate that closely mirrors the situation a year ago, when 2.4 million gallons had been spilled by mid-March.

Takamura said progress has been made in spill reduction: In 2003 the city sewage system had a total of 183 sewage spills of any size, down from 465 spills in 1994.

But the volume of spills has been at least 2 million gallons a year for five of the last seven years, including every year since 2002.

Sounds pretty routine to me. This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with RCI/Celebrity missing ports due to docking conflicts.

The Serenade OTS 11 night E/B hawaii cruise is receiving a $50 per cabin onboard credit for missing Kauai.

The Radiance OTS Circle Hawaii cruise is receiving onboard credit for missing Kauai AND Hilo. $100 per cabin D-1 and below, $200 per cabin for JS and above.

It is very nice of them to do anything, considering the cruise is 6 months away and no one is FORCED to accept the modified itineraries. It will be a great cruise. Always a possibility, just as it is slightly disappointing when you are looking forward to something. :)

Hmmmm I wonder what they are doing about the Celebrity cruises? I may have to visit their roll calls too.:D

HA! What the Celebrity cruises are doing is even worse...look but don't touch Kauai. That's too bad, sail around the island but no disembarking. :o

Day 7 Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii Cruising

I am not complaining, just curious about how RCI is handling the port dropping.:) Although jbond said it was pretty to sail around when they were unable to disembark.

I got a call last night from Royal Caribbean to let me know about the port changes on the Serenade sailing for 10/5. I already knew from these boards, but I thought it was good customer service to call and let us know. The rep told me about the $50.00 onboard credit as well.

Archived