FLL post-cruise hotel?

Looking at the Best Western FLL Airport/Cruiseport for 1 night pre-cruise, looks fine for that.

We plan to stay 2 - 3 nights post-cruise and I’ve been looking at recommendations here. We’d like a hotel with a nice pool in a more walkable area with restaurants and shops, and Renaissance and the RiverWalk looked great. But next April the rates are $300+ and I need to look for something closer to $200+ and sacrifice that ideal location. Value Trips for Hyatt will likely be more than our friends will want to pay as well. Our friends will have a car so we can at least drive to the RiverWalk area, if recommended, and stay further out.

Any suggestions other than the Choice Hotels-type hotels?

TIA 

We have Hyatt Place through ValueTrips for this May and got the $119.00 rate. With tax it comes to $134.47...a great price point for our post cruise night.

Since your friends will have a car to transport you to downtown, take a look at the hotels in Dania Beach just south of the airport.  Further west and therefore less expensive is Plantation and most of the major chains have hotels there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Highly doubt anything in April near the port will be $200. May 1st. is when all the rates go down considerably. $119 a night thru V.T. for Hyatt Place, I would check on Trivago.

I’ve been checking trivago for a hotel room that we will need an August. It seems they have less expensive rooms that are nonrefundable, but I would never get that in case something goes wrong. The prices for their rooms that are refundable seem to be the same prices you can get anywhere else.

5 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I’ve been checking trivago for a hotel room that we will need an August. It seems they have less expensive rooms that are nonrefundable, but I would never get that in case something goes wrong. The prices for their rooms that are refundable seem to be the same prices you can get anywhere else.

Personally the only time I use a 3rd party to book a hotel is for Hyatt Place with ValueTrips.

Otherwise I book directly with the hotel as a member and opt for a refundable rate and an easy cancellation policy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Valutrips.com for Hyatt Place se 10th st, just off of 17 th. st. May- Nov rooms are 109 a night and 119 a night depending on day of the week. We are staying there this coming May 18, 19, 30, 31 for our 10 day Princess cruise. Have used VT many times in the past for great discounts.

26 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

Valutrips.com for Hyatt Place se 10th st, just off of 17 th. st. May- Nov rooms are 109 a night and 119 a night depending on day of the week. We are staying there this coming May 18, 19, 30, 31 for our 10 day Princess cruise. Have used VT many times in the past for great discounts.

But @blue_wateris cruising next April which will still be high season especially if the cruise dates are just before or after Easter.  Value Trips will publish their rates and black out dates for 2025 sometime late in 2024.  OP - if you book something refundable soon you can keep an eye out for the 2025 VT prices.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes we’re probably looking at staying in the Edgewood or Danai Beach area for this lower price point. At the $300 - $400/night rate we would instead drive down to the Keys. But I think everyone would prefer a relaxing couple of days closer to the airport…

Edited by blue_water

On 4/30/2024 at 8:13 PM, capriccio said:

But @blue_wateris cruising next April which will still be high season especially if the cruise dates are just before or after Easter.  Value Trips will publish their rates and black out dates for 2025 sometime late in 2024.  OP - if you book something refundable soon you can keep an eye out for the 2025 VT prices.  

This was for Marie51

11 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

This was for Marie51

Yes, thank you. We actually booked the Marriott at the senior rate so we’re all set.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:00 PM, capriccio said:

Since your friends will have a car to transport you to downtown, take a look at the hotels in Dania Beach just south of the airport.  Further west and therefore less expensive is Plantation and most of the major chains have hotels there.

Cambria Dania Beach

On 5/5/2024 at 6:11 PM, simplelife said:

Cambria Dania Beach

We looked at that for pre-cruise, mainly for the less expensive ($7/day) parking. But the rates are much higher than the Choice and other brands…

For post-cruise, how is the area Cambria is in for walkability to stores/restaurants?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2024 at 11:02 AM, blue_water said:

We looked at that for pre-cruise, mainly for the less expensive ($7/day) parking. But the rates are much higher than the Choice and other brands…

For post-cruise, how is the area Cambria is in for walkability to stores/restaurants?

This will be our first time staying there. The Hotel is right off I-95 in a suburban area. Our main objective is to get a decent meal and ,maybe a drink or two and a good night's sleep in clean safe hotel.  According to the Choice Website, Cambria has an on-site restaurant and bar, so we probably won't even leave the hotel once we check in. We've decided that the reasonable cost of the hotel, which is just a 35 minute drive from POM, offsets the costs of parking at the port, which I believe is the easiest and safest option for cruising out of Miami.