Reflection speciality dining, if you could pick one?

kaz828

7 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

Tuscan is not getting much love.why?

Personally, I love Tuscan. But if there's a LCG on the ship, the weather is good, and I have to choose one, I'll go for the view from the top. 

We've never had a bad meal at Tuscan. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 1:31 PM, Water_Baby_ said:

Personally, I love Tuscan. But if there's a LCG on the ship, the weather is good, and I have to choose one, I'll go for the view from the top. 

We've never had a bad meal at Tuscan. 

I agree with you about the LCG, however Tuscan has normally been a disappointment for us.  We love the Reflection but other than the LCG we will stick to Luminae. Also having been in the Specialty dining restaurants many times I might try them more often if the menus changed more often and they dumped the Petit Chef and reinstated Qsine and revitalized Sushi on 5.   

• Like 1

We sailed Reflection in Feb. Disappointed in Murano. Felt crowded.  The lobster was TINY. If you do it, do it as an appetizer. Hated my goat cheese appetizer - tasted dry. Service was a bit pretentious. If you want caviar or escargot, etc., it’s probably a good bet. 

We did Sushi on 5 twice.  Loved it. I love sushi. My DH doesn’t but found something he liked each time. Wasn’t crowded and had a nice view.  

Also loved Tuscan - and we usually don’t.  Great view.  Felt less crowded and service very personalized.   Filet was excellent. Just wish they offered more veal options. 

Did Porch for lunch.  Portions are small but you can have as a much as you want.  It was free for us - not sure I would have paid for it.  

Lawn Grille was a disaster for us, but we did go the very last night.  We could literally touch the people next to us - and not in a good way.  They forgot to bring some items. Other items were cold.  Steak was average. 

IMO, what you’ll like depends on what you want to order and what you want to get out of the experience.  Different folks can eat at the same place on the same night and have very different opinions of the experience. 

Glad to read everyone’s thoughts on specialty restaurants.  We are sailing in September on the Reflection.   Our children and grandchildren will be also sailing as they want to celebrate our 50th anniversary with us.   In that end they have decided to take everyone to the Tuscan Grill.  A little off topic but does anyone know if they have any large tables?   We will be a group of 12 .   TIA

On 5/1/2024 at 8:26 AM, NMTraveller said:

The food and service are not as good as Murano...

I ate there on Millie for 5 nights and the Branzino was always overcooked...

We could have eaten more nights in Blu,  but the 2 tops are rather close in Blu...

WHY order Branzino while dining in Tuscan!?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

WHY order Branzino while dining in Tuscan!?

We prefer fish and seafood ...

IMHO they switched to thinner filets which are easier to overcook.  Previously they had thicker filets.

Edited by NMTraveller

We were on Equinox in April and loved Murano but did not like Tuscan.  Going on Reflection in September and going to try The Porch

Any of them would probably be better than the main dining room...Food in the main dining room used to be good, this time(march 24') we had to send back four meals on an 8 day cruise...They finally sent out the chef and the apologies flew as he knew we were frequent celebrity cruisers..The problem was not the chefs or the servers, it was a lack of food quality namely  the meat and seafood  selections....You could tell that the food/beverage folks at corporate have cut back drastically on the quality that they are putting on the ships..Just wish it was like the old days when you got a great meal in the dining room and did not have to do "specialty" dining to get a good meal....It is now all about the mighty $ and people will pay whatever to seek out good food.. sometimes you just can't go back.

The Porch. And be sure to make a reservation. Did I mention make a reservation? We stopped by around 1230 one day and only two tables were occupied. They wouldn't let us in because we didn't have a reservation. I peeked in the place an hour later. Only two tables occupied. Fine. We made a lunch reservation for the next sea day with no problem. Just a few tables occupied and we watched as walk-ins were turned away. Only thing we could figure was they staff the place based on the number of reservations. Anyway, The Porch is my favorite.

• Like 1

Tuscan grill is our first choice . I had CACIO E PEPE it was amazing. Service was prefect .The law club  2nd choice .Dishes were tasty  set in airy atmosphere. Murano was our least favorite. The waitress was not particularly polite so I feel that detracted from the enjoyment. 

On 5/5/2024 at 4:07 PM, pedirn said:

Glad to read everyone’s thoughts on specialty restaurants.  We are sailing in September on the Reflection.   Our children and grandchildren will be also sailing as they want to celebrate our 50th anniversary with us.   In that end they have decided to take everyone to the Tuscan Grill.  A little off topic but does anyone know if they have any large tables?   We will be a group of 12 .   TIA

They will arrange a large table, no problem. When I sailed with our multigenerational family we all went to Tuscan and LCG and found the LCG preferable because the young ones could go out to the grassy area and not annoy other diners.  Ages 2, 5, 11, 17... made dining in Tuscan challenging.

On 5/1/2024 at 5:59 AM, Cruiscs said:

Tuscan is not getting much love.why?

On our last couple Reflection cruises, Tuscan was good, but not great.  We've always liked it, but if I had to pick just one specialty restaurant, it would be Murano.  Lawn Club would be next for food quality, but it's definitely more casual - Love it!  Tuscan would be third.