Can't you turn down one of the Free at Sea offers?

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

So as it turns out, this is a group booking (as I noted in an earlier comment) and the deal with NCL is that they have given the group "price protection" on the cabin categories being held by the TA (that is, if the price goes up after the group was created, guests can still book those cabins at the original price).  One part of that deal is that all the FAS offers will be included if guests want them, but they can't decline separate parts of FAS (e.g., the Beverage Package).

Many thanks again to those of you who offered your information and experience.  

"Price protection if the fare goes up"---doesn't everyone who books whether direct or a TA or a TA group booking get this once they put down their deposit?

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

"Price protection if the fare goes up"---doesn't everyone who books whether direct or a TA or a TA group booking get this once they put down their deposit?

I was talking about folks who hadn't booked yet/put down a deposit.  Not everyone is booking at the same time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I was talking about folks who hadn't booked yet/put down a deposit.  Not everyone is booking at the same time.

What if the price dropped?

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

When people (who I am sure are trying to be helpful) say that the TA just didn't want to deal with declining the FAS or that they were "sure" it could be dropped, it was (I'm guessing) under the assumption that this was a regular booking.

it was revealed in post # 9 that this was a group booking and in post #18 it was posited that the inability to remove a component of FAS might be due to a restriction based on the terms of the group booking.

14 hours ago, UKstages said:

it was revealed in post # 9 that this was a group booking and in post #18 it was posited that the inability to remove a component of FAS might be due to a restriction based on the terms of the group booking.

Thanks, yes I read those earlier posts, as well. It wasn't until the last one I saw yesterday that we had actual confirmation that that's what happened.

group booking have specific rules to them, just as we've seen here.  I saw one yesterday that made it mandatory to pre-pay the service charges.  I've seen post about group bookings that don't offer FAS at all.  so, whenever it's a group booking, the normal rules are thrown out the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1