Non-RC excursions (Puerto Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan)?

I’ve asked a similar question before regarding different ports, but what are some really nice non-RC excursions/things to do that you’ve done at Puerto Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan?

Please and thank you in advance.

I’ve asked a similar question before regarding different ports, but what are some really nice non-RC excursions/things to do that you’ve booked while in Puerto Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan?

Really Nice means many different things

Costa Maya - Maya Chan

Cozumel - Bar Hop Party Bus (You might make it to the ship)

Roatan - Never tried anything but ship's tours.

There is a great dolphin encounter on Roatan, it used to be a rccl excursion but it hasn’t been recently, by far best encounter we ever tried.

I did an Infinity Bay Resort day pass in Roatan. Beautiful hotel area, pool, shade under a palm tree or sun on the beach, restaurant/bar next to pool, great snorkeling, showers, etc. There were only 3 or 4 or us from ship so easy on time pickup and delivery back to the port at a time we all chose.

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Costa Maya - look at Native Choice tours

28 minutes ago, ShipsandDipper said:

+1

+2

Early April we did the Jolly Roger Catamaran Snorkel excursion through RC and it was some of the best snorkeling we have ever enjoyed. Great bargain and included lunch. Cozumel we did Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive. 4th time there and the food and drinks were good. Service awesome. $20 cab ride for four from the port, takes about 15-20 minutes. 

We also did some private company tours there when on President’s Cruise last year. When I can find the info, I will post. 

Dan

15 hours ago, revjamesl said:

I’ve asked a similar question before regarding different ports, but what are some really nice non-RC excursions/things to do that you’ve booked while in Puerto Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan?

There are quite a few factors. My suggestion is to research each place and find things you may like.  Then find ways to do them either a tour or on your own.  Your request is really broad as I don't know if you like beaches, party catamarans, snorkeling, diving, tour buses.  We can all give you suggestions but not knowing what you like makes it difficult.

Cozumel is fun to wander on the wild side, fewer people by far and awesome rock formations and bigger crashing waves. Good wild beach combing. Roatan one can do the same things by doing the East side. Punta Gorda, Garifuna culture, a few long deserted beaches. 

• 3 weeks later...