laundry

I know laundry is included but I wanted to know if they follow instructions -- ie if you want something hung up and not in the dryer or if you want something in the dryer on low. We were at a hotel recently that told us they would hang to dry but ended up drying them on high as best we can figure. Several items were ruined with permanent creasing. Pants my husband has been washing and drying and leaving overnight in the dryer came out without wrinkles but now they are permanently creased and same for me. So before I consider letting someone do the laundry I want to be sure if you say dry on low they do that and if you ay hang to dry they will follow those instructions

Thanks

We were on grandeur in Feb and the laundry service was amazing . I asked for most things not to be tumble dried . Everything came back perfect , on hangers or wrapped in cute little parcels like a gift ! We went home with virtually no washing to do . Was one of the highlights of our cruise 😂 

• Like 1

Just off Explorer and was determined to not use the Launderettes. Achieved! All laundry came back in perfect condition. I wrote the instructions on the bottom of the laundry slip and thanked them 😊. Best inclusion ever!

• Like 5

I have found my instructions have been followed.  There is a reason they get a standing ovation when they are introduced at Crew Capers. 😀

• Like 5

I was reluctant too, and stuck to the launderette for several cruises for my non-dry items. Then in October I was on a Med cruise on Splendor with daily ports and excursions..... so, trusted the wonderful laundry team to follow instructions I wrote at the bottom with a thank you, and everything was perfect!

No more launderette for me! I too love coming home with a suitcase full of clean clothes!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

Yes, but it isn’t free.

It is free if you have reached a certain level; either platinum or titanium.

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

It is free if you have reached a certain level; either platinum or titanium.

This will be our first Regent cruise. Does level of suite matter for the free dry cleaning?

Just now, chamima said:

This will be our first Regent cruise. Does level of suite matter for the free dry cleaning?

No, if you choose to afford a big suite you can choose to afford a few dollars for dry cleaning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 6:01 PM, chamima said:

Actually yes... if you book the Regent Suite you get free Dry Cleaning. Now, the Regent Suite averages over $10,000 per day for two...so......😱.

But heck..."free dry cleaning." 😜

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Actually yes... if you book the Regent Suite you get free Dry Cleaning. Now, the Regent Suite averages over $10,000 per day for two...so......😱.

But heck..."free dry cleaning." 😜

Not really free, is it😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have always used the laundry service extensively, and have never included any special instructions. I am very fussy with our laundry at home, and hand many items after briefly drying them in the dryer to prevent shrinking in a hot dryer. I have only ever had 1 item that came back damaged, a bra that I left hooked, and came back unhooked with the hooks all bent. Since then I hand was my bras and hang them on the line in the bathtub, since we have never used a bathtub on a cruise ship for anything other than the clothes line (for swim suits, stockings, and my husbands support socks).

On our last 2 Regent cruises, the turnaround time for laundry has gone from 24 hours to 48 hours, which is understandable since everyone now has included laundry rather than having it based on cabin and/or status. This was on Navigator, and we did ask if this was a change, and they said yes.

• Like 2

On our last cruise - on Grandeur this Spring - all of our laundry came back the same day. Left out before 9 AM and back while we were at dinner that evening.

12 hours ago, douginct said:

On our last cruise - on Grandeur this Spring - all of our laundry came back the same day. Left out before 9 AM and back while we were at dinner that evening.

Good for you! But our experience says that this cannot be relied on, so plan accordingly.

3 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Good for you! But our experience says that this cannot be relied on, so plan accordingly.

Well…we all travel with more than 2 days of clothes so 2 day turn around pretty good 😀

• Like 1

On our very recent 20 night cruise, Explorer, always 24 hour or less turnaround. Zero instructions always came back better than what I could ever do ! No matter what…linen, cashmere, wool, etc, etc. could not speak more highly of this service.

• Like 2

I wished we asked like you. On our first Regent cruise we didn’t know what to expect so we planned on doing our own halfway through the cruise and unfortunately packed as such.

Upon arriving in Miami our luggage was left on the Tarmac in a deluge and some of our clothes got wet. We didn’t realize it until we got on board because we pack an overnight bag for the pre hotel stay.

We had no choice but to try Regent’s laundry service and it was fabulous. They also pressed some clothes for us for free. Ever since we haven’t hesitated to use their laundry services.

One word of caution though-they stick little tags on your clothes to identify and if you have delicate material be careful tearing it off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JSOL1 said:

Upon arriving in Miami our luggage was left on the Tarmac in a deluge and some of our clothes got wet. We didn’t realize it until we got on board because we pack an overnight bag for the pre hotel stay.

We had no choice but to try Regent’s laundry service and it was fabulous. They also pressed some clothes for us for free. Ever since we haven’t hesitated to use their laundry services.

Your story reminds me of a question that you, or perhaps another commenter, might know how to answer.  Is laundry service available on embarkation day, or do you need to wait until later in the cruise?  We have a full week on land before our Alaska cruise next month, and are trying to figure out how to handle that week of laundry, which could be either before or after transferring to the ship.  If turning it over to Regent's laundry crew would be acceptable, that would be an interesting and helpful option.

We gave the laundry to them the same evening we boarded and had it the next day. On our most recent cruise over the past holidays we would put our laundry out before we went to bed and it was always back by the next afternoon.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2024 at 12:23 AM, drkitkat123 said:

I know they say that Oceania has the best food at sea but I did not realize that produced a noticeable change in passenger size!

Well done! Perhaps all lines suffer from this 😊

On 5/14/2024 at 5:24 PM, teagues said:

Your story reminds me of a question that you, or perhaps another commenter, might know how to answer.  Is laundry service available on embarkation day, or do you need to wait until later in the cruise?  We have a full week on land before our Alaska cruise next month, and are trying to figure out how to handle that week of laundry, which could be either before or after transferring to the ship.  If turning it over to Regent's laundry crew would be acceptable, that would be an interesting and helpful option.

As soon as we get our luggage and meet with our steward we get our laundry ready.  Let your steward that you will have something that first night.  After that I put the laundry out and call to let him know I put some out.  And you can stuff the bags really full.

• Like 1

While I don’t bring a lot of dirty laundry on board, I have found items I wanted to wear to dinner the first night pretty wrinkled. Our cabin attendant has been able to get one or two items pressed before we left for dinner if we catch them when we first get to our suite. 
Excellent service. 

• Like 1