Please Help with Packing Clothes!

I pack the day before, but go through my clothes, try on, make sure they are all clean, etc. and then hang or lay them in a separate area in my closet.  I do the same with other things I take, like otc meds, travel size toiletries, etc. I make a list and cross things off as they are added.

If I pack too far ahead I just end up taking it all outand, rearranging it, double checking or repacking it more than once.  My husband packs the day of, if we have a late flight or the day before if an early flight.

Plus, I don't like leaving my clothes in the suitcase that long.

We pack the night before. But dh does the laundry that morning so that all our clothes are clean when we start packing. And I've been working on the packing list for months.

We don't have enough clothes to pack days before. We'd have nothing to wear in the meantime! 🤣

• Haha 2

Hubby packs 3 days before but has to unpack at least once to get something he packed.  I usually pack the evening before we spend the night in a hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

we leave next Wednesday, I started making piles of clothes 2 weeks ago.  I will be trying on clothes tomorrow. (I'm sure that will be a LOT of fun) 😪  The good news is that because I have a broken foot and am now in a boot for 4 more weeks, I can take twice as many shoes because I only need one of each.  😉

Our evening clothes stick to "Smart Casual" or "Country Club Casual" and then cocktail dress for chic night.  We enjoy getting dressed for dinner.  Other people do not.  Just dress the way that makes you happy and comfortable.