Back to back cruises, different ships, both royal, same port?

@Docbizarro  Another option to get from Terminal G to Terminal A is to take the free Miami trolley.

There is a trolley stop near each terminal. (Terminal G trolly stop... just walk past the parking garage and across the street.)

* You must be able to carry your luggage onto the trolley.

* From Terminal G, the trolley goes over the bridge and to downtown Miami. It turns around and heads back to Port of Miami...first stop is Terminal A.

* If you are not in a hurry, want to be a bit silly, and see downtown Miami...try it. Takes about 45 minutes to do the loop. :classic_smile:

* Mostly the locals and crew members use it...it's free.

• 1 month later...

In trying to get on a Quantum ship for the first time, but wanting something longer than a 4-nighter, I'm looking at a 4-nighter on Quantum then a 3-nighter on Navigator with a day in between. Our dates are limited due to school breaks.

Obviously it's feasible to do, but I'm curious if anyone has done that type of trip with a gap and if they felt it was worth it or if the 1 day gap just to do a 3-nighter after that was more annoying than it's worth.

Edited by smokeybandit

We’ve done 7 and 7 with a day in between a few times  once we did a Celebrity with a Carnival short cruise after.  (To match up days for a free flight)  We hated it… could be the Carnival cruise, but also the feeling of “let’s get this thing over” after being off for a day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

In trying to get on a Quantum ship for the first time, but wanting something longer than a 4-nighter, I'm looking at a 4-nighter on Quantum then a 3-nighter on Navigator with a day in between. Our dates are limited due to school breaks.

Obviously it's feasible to do, but I'm curious if anyone has done that type of trip with a gap and if they felt it was worth it or if the 1 day gap just to do a 3-nighter after that was more annoying than it's worth.

How about a B2B on Quantum.  One stop on Catalina and one stop in Ensenada is not worth the 3 nighter on Navigator. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

How about a B2B on Quantum.  One stop on Catalina and one stop in Ensenada is not worth the 3 nighter on Navigator. 

That would be ideal. Unfortunately the itineraries before and after this 4 nighter are both 6 nighters and that wouldn't fit the calendar.

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Wanting to do a transatlantic cruise but not wanting to deal with a long flight, I pieced together 5 different short cruises (some with a day between leaving from different ports, some side by side) and just pretended they were a single transatlantic. I had a car and felt the occasional day off was nice (allowing to do laundry and also see a few things in Florida). It was also fun to hit 5 different cruise lines in such a short period of time, seeing how different each was. 

We are doing a 5 night in Galveston with one night off and then another ship for 10 nights.  While it’s a pain to pack up it’s also fun to have a different ship and different entertainment. For us it’s great to do more than one cruise at a time.  We don’t live by a port so travel is involved. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We are doing a 5 night in Galveston with one night off and then another ship for 10 nights.  While it’s a pain to pack up it’s also fun to have a different ship and different entertainment. For us it’s great to do more than one cruise at a time.  We don’t live by a port so travel is involved. 

We are doing this in Galveston later this year. 5 nights on Mariner, meet our kids and granddaughters at an airbnb for one night, then 7 nights on Harmony. I think it will work well for us. Both are new ships for my husband and I, we have the flight expenses anyway, and the deciding factor for adding the 5 night cruise was we only needed 4 nights to reach the next loyalty tier prior to our 2025 50th anniversary cruise LOL.

• Like 2