Shoes for Deck

Hello everyone! I should really know the answer to my question as I have cruised 4 times BUT what shoes are best for wearing on deck while going back and forth between the water slides and other areas on the deck? Just plain old water shoes? The only reason I am asking is due to the warmth of the deck. Flip flops won't work since they will be going down slides. Unless there is somewhere to store them at the water area? My kids are 19 & 15 and have told me they are not worried about the heat but I feel like they should be. So looking for recs on shoes and also, do you feel they are actually needed? I just sit, read, and enjoy the sun so I am flip flops all day!!

14 minutes ago, ctsharpie05 said:

Hello everyone! I should really know the answer to my question as I have cruised 4 times BUT what shoes are best for wearing on deck while going back and forth between the water slides and other areas on the deck? Just plain old water shoes? The only reason I am asking is due to the warmth of the deck. Flip flops won't work since they will be going down slides. Unless there is somewhere to store them at the water area? My kids are 19 & 15 and have told me they are not worried about the heat but I feel like they should be. So looking for recs on shoes and also, do you feel they are actually needed? I just sit, read, and enjoy the sun so I am flip flops all day!!

The decks can very hot so they really should have something on their feet. Water shoes would probably be best since they will be going down the slides.

• Like 4

1.  I burned my feet on the deck of Serenity in the Caribbean in March.  So I agree that some kind of footwear is needed.

2.   The slide attendant made me take off and carry my water sandals while riding the water slide.  I did not understand this, the water sandals were firmly affixed to my feet.

Those decks can get slippery, too.  I'm thinking around the pool area or when the yellow cautionary "cones" are in place, warning that mopping has been recently completed.

IMO, a 19-year-old is an adult and capable of making their own decision in regards to footwear.  And you can buy the 15-year-old specific shoes, but if they don't want them, good luck with getting them to wear  them.  🙂

My sensitive skin 6 year old kid has never once complained about the temperature of the decks when going up to ride the slides. If you're riding the slides your feet will be wet and so will the ground you're walking on. No need for footwear. 

That deck can get hot during the day, even in some wet areas, and the stairs to the slides have that black non-slip grip stuff. (That is the technical term too. 😆) Some kind of water shoe is good to protect your toes.