Coffee Room Service on Edge

Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, but I was thinking of our upcoming Edge cruise of putting our little menu out front each night for a pot of coffee for two people, but this is where it gets questionable.  DH cannot handle milk or cream.  Liquid creamer is okay and likes sweet and low.

I take at home 2% and when available when I am not at home half and half or even real cream when available.

Are we able to do this on the menu that hangs on the door overnight with any amount of success?  I just want to avoid us carrying coffee back and forth from the OVC in the morning.  We are in Concierge and probably our last time due to the IV, BUT that is another thread.  LOL!

• Like 1

All you need to do is to write in your request.     I often order things that aren't listed by just writing them in.  Not sure if being in a Suite have a difference.

You need to be specifice like   2 Non-Dairy Creamer,  2 Cream.    I don't believe you need to ask for the type of sweeter as it comes with a selection.   Also if he has a specific one he like and they carry it .... just pick up a small handful from OVC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jwlane said:

ANYTHING added to coffee is awful.

You sound like my DH.  Don't yuck our yum.  😉 Some of us like "Creamy Coffee" or "Candy Coffee" 😂

@ScottC4746  I'm really not stalking your posts on purpose, but since we are on the same sailing, you are asking good questions.  You are a treasure trove of information.  😃

You can get a box of individual cups of liquid creamer that don't have to be refrigerated.  It will probably be more expensive than a bottle of the same thing though.  

There is a Target Grocery a few blocks (15 Min walk) from the Marriott.  It could be a good one-stop shop for creamer, wine, and any other items to take on-board.

Edited by screwsmcernst

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’m curious, what is the difference in creamer and liquid creamer? 

Technically the same.  I have been in UK and asked for creamer and gotten real cream.  I later found out they use the term coffee whitener for creamer as was pointed out by a UK friend of mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2024 at 6:00 AM, ScottC4746 said:

Okay, this may sound like a dumb question

God bless you for making this statement, 😃.  IMO, there really are no dumb questions, and people should feel free to fire away.

Unfortunately, I submitted a review on the Royal Carribean board, and though I did a good job of highlighting the pros and cons for ME, I still got flamed, and was reluctant to post anymore!  What I thought was a helpful review, from the prospective of someone who had sailed on ~ 40 cruises, was not appreciated by at least 3 people on the boards (judging from their snarky comments).  I realized that it WAS helpful to many others who had commented.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

God bless you for making this statement, 😃.  IMO, there really are no dumb questions, and people should feel free to fire away.

Unfortunately, I submitted a review on the Royal Carribean board, and though I did a good job of highlighting the pros and cons for ME, I still got flamed, and was reluctant to post anymore!  What I thought was a helpful review, from the prospective of someone who had sailed on ~ 40 cruises, was not appreciated by at least 3 people on the boards (judging from their snarky comments).  I realized that it WAS helpful to many others who had commented.

Yes, the snarky comments for no other reason than to make others feel ignorant and for themselves to feel superior is disappointing.  Some days I just get some popcorn and read the back and forth, and other days, it makes me just leave a thread.