Lobster on 7 Night Cruise

I can’t seem to find what night is lobster night on a 7 night Caribbean cruise. It doesn’t come up on the menus in the ap for my itinerary in December. I’m trying to reserve specialty restaurants and was hoping to plan around lobster night. 
I see it on my upcoming 8 night cruise. 

Has it been removed from 7 nighters? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

On a 7 night cruise lobster is normally served on the 2nd chic night which would be night 6 of the cruise. The app usually isn’t correct until very close to the cruise or upon boarding.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

On a 7 night cruise lobster is normally served on the 2nd chic night which would be night 6 of the cruise. The app usually isn’t correct until very close to the cruise or upon boarding.

Unless day 6 is a port day then it could be day 5 if that is a sea day

• Like 1

Thank you both. While I know it’s not the best Lobster in the world it’s part of our tradition. 🦞

We are in Retreat so I’m also curious to try the Luminae version to see if it’s cold water. 

9 minutes ago, skivoodoo said:

Thank you both. While I know it’s not the best Lobster in the world it’s part of our tradition. 🦞

We are in Retreat so I’m also curious to try the Luminae version to see if it’s cold water. 

if I remember right, it was out of the shell, poached, and not very flavorful.  I didn’t ask where it came from.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

Not a cold water 'lobster' there either.  Not worth trying to schedule around that dish in my opinion.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

The menu says poached cold water lobster. No idea beyond that. It’s not something I order. 

I’d expect it the night before your last sea day. Unless that’s a late return like San Juan. Probably day 6 (that’s what’s shown for my next cruise). 

• Thanks 1

I had the Luminae one recently, it's the small cold water lobster.

I was lucky my waiter got me a second serving of lobster but I don't know if all do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

I was lucky my waiter got me a second serving of lobster but I don't know if all do that.

You can get as much lobster as you want in Luminae. You can also order the preparations from Blu (on ships with a shared kitchen) and MDR if you prefer them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

You can get as much lobster as you want in Luminae. You can also order the preparations from Blu (on ships with a shared kitchen) and MDR if you prefer them.

There must be a limit, after all they have to have enough leftover to chop up for the next cruise’s day 1 lobster roll lunch. 😉

Edited by Mark_K
  • Haha 2

On 5/18/2024 at 2:36 PM, skivoodoo said:

Thanks for your advice but I still would like to know. To each his own. 

On my 14 day cruise last month on Oasis, they had one lobster night. They advertised Maine

lobster tail, but born in Boston, I have never seen such a small lobster tail from Maine. I mean two bites and finished. The second lobster tail was $16.95. Believe me, not worth the time or trouble waiting for lobster night! Buy a Real Maine Lobster when you get home!

• Thanks 1