The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 22nd, 2024

The really bad storm with high winds went south of us, but that didn’t mean we didn't get rain.  We also got another hail storm a while ago.  The hail was smaller than yesterday, but a lot more of it.  The hail and pounding rain were extremely loud on the metal roof.  It is thundering again, so I guess we'll get more rain.  According to the forecast, the rain will taper off after midnight, and then pick up about noon tomorrow until about 8pm.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

3 good days to recognize. Meh on the quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink and yes to the wine. I've been to San Diego on a land trip many years ago. I used to watch Carson all the time.

It's warm and sunny, although storms were supposed to start this afternoon. Yesterday when I got home after the long day, I started feeling odd.  My arms felt heavy and then I started seeing spots in front of my eyes and felt faint. I even put my head down toward my knees, which helped.  I hadn't eaten much of anything all day other than coffee. So I added Liquid IV to a bottle of water, thinking the electrolytes would help. Then I ate something. I felt better the rest of the evening. I went to bed and was out quickly, then awakened around 2am with a dreaded thigh muscle cramp, which I massaged, and finally fell back asleep until 7:30. Then on awakening, I felt my left eye was having a uveitis flare, as it was red and sensitive to light. This AM I took some groceries to DH's house, before heading to the hospital. He was discharged early afternoon. He's never had any major surgery before, and the pain he's feeling is a surprise to him. I did a few things around his house, and now am home. I will rest tomorrow, and go visit him on Friday.

So sad to hear of the tornado damage and loss of life.

@ger_77 Prayers for Maurice that his procedure was successful.

@kazu I hope the surgeon can come up with a diagnosis and treatment plan. OMG about Ivan being attacked by another dog! I hope Ivan is ok, physically and psychologically.

@rafinmd I hope your Cardiology consult went ok.

@ottahand7 Oh my on your poor DB being on antibiotics since his knee replacement. Once "hardware" gets infected, it usually needs to be removed to get rid of the infection.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely photos from San Diego. Enjoy your tour of Omaha Beaches; I found it very moving.

@GTVCRUISER Great photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Excellent photos.

@Nickelpenny Yes, plates and screws for the tib/fib. The surgeon is a trauma surgeon, so I have high hopes for a good recovery and have told BFF he must obey the rules.

@Vict0riann That animal park looks like a great place.

@cruising sister The grandkids are adorable.

@bennybear Gorgeous San Diego photos. 

@Cruising-along Great photo of you two with the boys! Have a great time.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you felt bad yesterday and your eye is flaring.  I imagine the stress of the last few days didn't help.  I'm glad BFF is home and doing well, but sorry he is experiencing a lot of pain.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Something for the garden club from our garden.

IMG_3371.thumb.JPG.17b8b951d465bd1b61c5a630f9ac97bb.JPG

IMG_3372.thumb.JPG.95bff7637021cc0aaf9ce42385c58f7a.JPG

Debbie, the iris are lovely, and my favorite color.

35 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Long day today-the kittens played all day, and are now sound asleep.  Turnip sleeps on the wicker sofa, two are now sleeping in the cat barrel and Jersey sleeps with her momma.  I worked 3 hours with the California campaign, got a sale within the first hour, and another in the second hour, and close but no banana for the third hour.  I took an hour off, and then put in my 5 hours with the Ohio campaign, and got two sales so for me, not a bad day.  But thankful for not having to work for commission, as it pays low for both campaigns.

Same hours for tomorrow and then I will be off on Friday!  We are going to either go to a museum or a walk in the park.  Come home and make spaghetti with italian sausage, but I have no idea what we will eat tomorrow.  My old schedule would have allowed me time to make a decent meal, tonight i made some veggie nachos, and gelato.  I was hoping to make shrimp curry with veggies tomorrow...Guess that will be a Saturday meal, and yes I am working on Memorial Day, and yes, people told me to call them on Memorial Day.

80dfa737e126ccd1dc65321334c7feec.jpg

Annie, congratulations on the sales.

Lenda

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The really bad storm with high winds went south of us, but that didn’t mean we didn't get rain.  We also got another hail storm a while ago.  The hail was smaller than yesterday, but a lot more of it.  The hail and pounding rain were extremely loud on the metal roof.  It is thundering again, so I guess we'll get more rain.  According to the forecast, the rain will taper off after midnight, and then pick up about noon tomorrow until about 8pm.

We had a couple short-lived rain storms but thankfully no hail. It does sound worse under a metal roof - really freaks my dogs out.

I hope you don't get much more bad weather - stay safe.

• Like 7

YAY on Mavericks 🏀 game 1 win; it was a nail biter and 4 berry game, but they landed on the right side of the score.

Tomorrow night is game 1 for the 🌟 🏒

My nerves are struggling w/all these play-off games, lol. And I finished off the strawberries🍓 tonight, so I have to get more to get me through about 14 games.

20240522_202558.thumb.jpg.ba344255ebf7bff78689a63131227459.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 57redbird said:

& we have a whole ton of LP's but no record player.

Vinyl records are coming back in popularity.

Our Sarah has a record player and good collection of vinyl records.

Having sold thousands of LPs and cassette tapes in the early 1980s it brings back memories for me.

It is 52°F misty and damp here at 07.11 am.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We are about half way to Great Wolf Lodge with the boys. Traffic was bad through Seattle of course. The boys have plenty of snacks and their iPads and are happy. 😀IMG_2535.thumb.jpeg.c01c5a3b12114fb7b8482f8f9d2822dc.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

Nice family photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

YAY on Mavericks 🏀 game 1 win; it was a nail biter and 4 berry game, but they landed on the right side of the score.

My nerves are struggling w/all these play-off games, lol. And I finished off the strawberries🍓 tonight, so I have to get more to get me through about 14 games.

Go Wolves!!! 🏀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Vinyl records are coming back in popularity.

Our Sarah has a record player and good collection of vinyl records.

Having sold thousands of LPs and cassette tapes in the early 1980s it brings back memories for me.

It is 52°F misty and damp here at 07.11 am.

I, too, have many albums of vinyl!!  And a turntable to play them!  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

20240522_202558.thumb.jpg.ba344255ebf7bff78689a63131227459.jpg

Glad the Mavs won.  🤞 for the Stars, though I'm not a hockey fan.

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We had a couple short-lived rain storms but thankfully no hail. It does sound worse under a metal roof - really freaks my dogs out.

I hope you don't get much more bad weather - stay safe.

We had some thunder and a bit more rain, but no more hail.  I hope @LambKnuckles Lambie and @Seasick Sailor Joy were spared any bad weather events.

1 hour ago, LambKnuckles said:

I, too, have many albums of vinyl!!  And a turntable to play them!  

We still have all our LP going back to school days and our original cabinet stereo record player from 1970 plus a modern turntable hooked up to the sound system.

Talk about originals, our Betamax player is in the attic and we still have the tapes.

Lenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1