Wildly inconsistent fridge contents

On 5/26/2024 at 8:40 PM, CruiserBruce said:

The bar staff handle the resupply and billing, so I suspect they absolutely do know what is in the cabin fridges.

they do not do that anymore. The room attendants are in charge. I ordered Diet Coke and they charged the cans that arrived in the fridge. Alas, there wasn't any Diet Coke for the last 12 days of our cruise except from the bars where we did not get a discount. 

1 hour ago, ToBe said:

they do not do that anymore. The room attendants are in charge. I ordered Diet Coke and they charged the cans that arrived in the fridge. Alas, there wasn't any Diet Coke for the last 12 days of our cruise except from the bars where we did not get a discount. 

Is it possible they simply caused your requests to be filled?

29 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Is it possible they simply caused your requests to be filled?

The room attendants  brought the Diet Coke  which I consumed and then kept saying how sorry they were that they could not supply anymore. I even had a visit from the man who was in charge of supplies apologizing for their inability to supply the beverage. It was a 28 day cruise. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Does anyone here know the temperature the beverage refrigerators are kept? Is it a safe temperature to store food?

A number of years ago this question was posed on CC and I took my infrared thermometer on my next cruise to measure.  Sodas stored in the minibar door were 43 degrees and those sodas in the top rear of the minibar were 38 degrees F.

I don't keep any food longer than two ays.

The Room Service Breakfast over-easy eggs in my aft stateroom were measured at 122 degrees F.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Crew News said:

…I took my infrared thermometer on my next cruise to measure.  Sodas stored in the minibar door were 43 degrees and those sodas in the top rear of the minibar were 38 degrees F.…

Thank you, @Crew News for this helpful information!

Posted (edited)

On the Westerdam last year in a Neptune, our mini-fridge was overstocked, and there was no room to add anything else. I took it all out, put it on the shelves above the area, and ensured the attendant knew they were all there.  

As a nice hack, if you have a Neptune Suite and a beverage package (Soda, Alcohol, or HIA), you can just "sign for" several beverages of choice from the Concierge Lounge and put those in your fridge. I learned this after watching several seasoned cruisers wipe out the entire stock of an item in the lounge's fridge.

Edited by scooter6139

Is it possible, then, to have the mini-fridge emptied and then restocked with things that you might drink e.g. diet soda, wine, and margarita cocktails only?

8 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Is it possible, then, to have the mini-fridge emptied and then restocked with things that you might drink e.g. diet soda, wine, and margarita cocktails only?

Yes.  Just ask your Room Steward.  I have them restock with Diet Coke.

• Thanks 1