No show help

My sister and I are booked on a 12 day cruise on the apex out of Southhampton . We each have our own solo room and are supposed to leave today. I booked these through the Next Cruise desk last year. My elderly mom fell yesterday and  passed out and is in the hospital. We must rush home to Florida to help her as she is alone. I called celebrity last night and they said i could not cancel and will be a no show as it is too late to cancel. They told me to call the insurance for any refund for the cruises. I asked about all the excursions, specialty dining, drink packages and spa that we prepaid for which is alot of money. Celebrity said that these are not covered by insurance and instead are refunded back to my card as soon as we are a no show. Is this correct? I am afraid that by being a no show nothing will be refunded. I am afraid that the first person i talked to at celebrity did not note anything in my file when i called back with a question. Does anyone know about this?

5 minutes ago, Saltykitty said:

My sister and I are booked on a 12 day cruise on the apex out of Southhampton . We each have our own solo room and are supposed to leave today. I booked these through the Next Cruise desk last year. My elderly mom fell yesterday and  passed out and is in the hospital. We must rush home to Florida to help her as she is alone. I called celebrity last night and they said i could not cancel and will be a no show as it is too late to cancel. They told me to call the insurance for any refund for the cruises. I asked about all the excursions, specialty dining, drink packages and spa that we prepaid for which is alot of money. Celebrity said that these are not covered by insurance and instead are refunded back to my card as soon as we are a no show. Is this correct? I am afraid that by being a no show nothing will be refunded. I am afraid that the first person i talked to at celebrity did not note anything in my file when i called back with a question. Does anyone know about this?

Yes, this is true. I had to no show on my Reflection cruise 2 weeks ago. Everything I booked for onboard and my port fees and taxes were refunded back to my card within 3 days of the end of the cruise.

I am very sorry to hear of your mom's injury and sorry you are missing your cruise. It's a bummer I know.

• Like 4

Donna thank you so much for your reply. Very helpful. I dont look forward to dealing with the insurance paperwork so the refund for yhe add ons automatically is great news. Yes I am very disappointed as i planned this for a year but there is nothing to do except go home. I know there are more vacations to come one day

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Saltykitty said:

Donna thank you so much for your reply. Very helpful. I dont look forward to dealing with the insurance paperwork so the refund for yhe add ons automatically is great news. Yes I am very disappointed as i planned this for a year but there is nothing to do except go home. I know there are more vacations to come one day

You will also proably have to wait until the cruise finishes before X will issue the paperwork needed  for the insurance as they will say you could still join the cruise later.

1 hour ago, Saltykitty said:

Remember to keep receipts of expenses etc to forward to your insurance company. So sorry for your loss of holiday, hope your Mum is soon on the mend. As another poster said you will be refunded any cruise bookings via your card but it is likely to take a few weeks.

you could try going into your cruise planner and cancel all the excursions and extra dining booked with X...back to your card..unless past cancellation time. It is  usually quicker than waiting for the cruise line to process..

Hope all goes well with your mom!

2 hours ago, Saltykitty said:

Thank you all for your replies and help

Were you flying to Southampton from Miami?

At least you wont have that expense now since you are already in Florida.

On 5/27/2024 at 7:14 AM, hcat said:

you could try going into your cruise planner and cancel all the excursions and extra dining booked with X...back to your card..unless past cancellation time. It is  usually quicker than waiting for the cruise line to process..

Hope all goes well with your mom!

Thank you I tried but they close online changes off a few days before sailing. I wanted to respond for people who may have the same problem as me in the future.

• Like 1

No need to cancel anything. Once the ship sails they will refund your port fees and extras like drink packages and excursions pretty quickly. That was my experience anyway. I do remember I called Celebrity to let them know I was not sailing and ask what to do and the person on the phone emailed me a letter for my insurance claim, basically it said when the sailing was and the price paid (the part the insurance would refund, which was the base cruise fare per person).  It took a little time to get all the paperwork filled out by my doctors etc, but the insurance sent us the refund within a month or so.  I hope all goes well with your mom. 

We had the same problem last year- we both fell ill in the very last minute- quite literally. Business flights from GER to the US- cruise would have been the next day. All kinds of things pre booked.

I was insurred through my Gold creditcard- all worked well- but I had to send in all the cancelation confimations. I did not cancel on Celebrity- because I knew that was to late- so it was also a no show. All pre booked stuff was returned to original payment after only two weeks. Flights and Cruise have been refunded- well at least up the maximum refund that is possible- so all good- almost anyway.