The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 27th, 2024

9 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Wow! I spent my formative years in North Andover. And lots of Summers at Stevens Pond. 

My partner is from there and worked as a lifeguard at Stevens Pond.  He’s from a family of twelve brothers and sisters and lived on Sutton Hill.  Here is a photo of today’s ceremony. 

IMG_2676.thumb.jpeg.e723ea61b4944f4a426b7cbf05283e83.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Until today, I was totally unfamiliar with this wine.  OK, there are probably hundreds of thousands of wine with which I have no familiarity.  A big "Thank you" to @richwmn and, especially, @cat shepard for bringing this wine to my attention.

Tempranillo is another grape that is pretty hard, if not impossible, to find in California vineyards.  About ten years ago I read that Texas was thought to be a good environment for Tempranillo. and multiple vineyards have been planted.  Wines from those plantings are now coming onto the market.

A few weeks ago I picked up this red blend wine at my local Costco for $10.  WOW, for $10, this wine is terrific.  I was very pleased to see that they still had it on my last visit a few days ago, and, so, I bought three more bottles.

IMG_3081.jpg.acb330ea67d078075bb0e9368a9ba8e7.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg.48e838e36d9bae0d0b2be58817374c2f.jpg

While there is no disclosure of the grape variety of this red blend, Dry Creek Valley is, definitely "Zinfandel Country."  So, I would imagine that this is a "Zinfandel heavy" blend--not unlike the Lytton Springs bottling that I discussed a week, or so, ago, which is also located in Dry Creek Valley.

Notice on the front label that Pedroncelli Winery has been "family owned since 1927."  (A California winery/vineyard founded by Italian immigrants.  What a surprise.  NOT!)  The third generation of the family has been operating the winery since the 1990s.

If one can trust the info on Vivino - and at least 95% of the time, I find I can trust their info…

the blend is Syrah, Merlot, Sangiovese & Zinfandel. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good evening to all,

Thank you for all your well wishes.  

We left home at 12;3O this afternoon and arrived at the Courtyard Hotel at the Mayo Clinic Campus at 3:15 pm.  The traffic was surprisingly good.  There were no delays and no congestion.  Traffic moved smoothly,  The Georgia Police were out in force to get the speedsters (as usual) and we just moved along.

I must admit that i was tired.   Thankfully, our room was ready.  I took a short nap.  Then we decided to go to an Italian Restaurant and were disappointed to find it was closed.  So we went back to the hotel and ate there.

Now I am so tired,  Fell asleep watching Jeopardy and plan to go to bed soon.

I have to be up early tomorrow for bloodwork.   Then I have two appointments after that.   Hope I have time for some breakfast somewhere in between.

Tomorrow afternoon we are invited to our friend’s home for dinner.  Looking forward to seeing them after a very long time.

We will go home on Wednesday morning after a stop at Total Wine,..

Hope everyone had a meaningful Memorial Day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

A storm popped up a few minutes ago bringing wind💨, sideways rain 💦and pea size hail, as well as a very brief power outage. The dogs freaked out and I can't find the cat, but I'm sure he found refuge somewhere in the house.

Silver lining is temps dropped, which is nice.

When the power came back on, I was able to see the Stars🏒 are already behind 0-2. 🥴

Prayers🙏 everyone stays safe wherever you may be.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all,

Thank you for all your well wishes.  

We left home at 12;3O this afternoon and arrived at the Courtyard Hotel at the Mayo Clinic Campus at 3:15 pm.  The traffic was surprisingly good.  There were no delays and no congestion.  Traffic moved smoothly,  The Georgia Police were out in force to get the speedsters (as usual) and we just moved along.

I must admit that i was tired.   Thankfully, our room was ready.  I took a short nap.  Then we decided to go to an Italian Restaurant and were disappointed to find it was closed.  So we went back to the hotel and ate there.

Now I am so tired,  Fell asleep watching Jeopardy and plan to go to bed soon.

I have to be up early tomorrow for bloodwork.   Then I have two appointments after that.   Hope I have time for some breakfast somewhere in between.

Tomorrow afternoon we are invited to our friend’s home for dinner.  Looking forward to seeing them after a very long time.

We will go home on Wednesday morning after a stop at Total Wine,..

Hope everyone had a meaningful Memorial Day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you arrived safely and that the traffic wasn't bad.  Enjoy dinner with your friends tomorrow night.

Lenda

• Like 9

The storm is either taking a break or has moved on. It filled the backyard, of course, but I'm fairly certain we had no damage. Crazy weather right now. Stay safe.

and YAY Stars! Final score 5-3; it was a tough game.

• Like 8

Have not posted for a while, but have read most of the daily information.

Thanks for sll the photos of today's destination.

@rafinmd pleased that your hand is a lot better.

@Vict0riann hope you do not have to wait too long for the biopsy results.

@kazu  hope that you will soon be given a diagnosis for your foot.

It's winter, today temperature high of 9 C.

The number of Covid cases are increasing around the country.

Best wishes to all on the care list.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Good evening.  I put a hold on the Zuiderdam B2B cruise for August.  My PCC should call me tomorrow to settle things.  Time was running out on the sale.  Debbie @dfish, I'm sorry if I woke you up.

Roy @rafinmd, I'm glad your hand is doing better.  My forearm is better but I still have to use the Tagederm on it and sometimes coban wrap to cover it up.  Unfortunately it was deep but good that it was small.

Congratulations @kochleffel!

Thinking of you @Vict0riann!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening.  I put a hold on the Zuiderdam B2B cruise for August.  My PCC should call me tomorrow to settle things.  Time was running out on the sale.  Debbie @dfish, I'm sorry if I woke you up.

You didn't wake me up!   But, this news would have been worth waking up for!  Looking forward to seeing you again and we'll get together to make plans.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Congrats

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Congratulations @kochleffel!

Thank you. the course wasn't especially difficult, but it was extremely long and in a field where I had little background or aptitude.

• Like 5