Turn platinum

11 minutes ago, russandcheryl said:

Well, that stinks… thank you for the info…

on princess we were platinum on that cruise …

Don't be too upset.  What benefits were you hoping to gain on the cruise?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, russandcheryl said:

If you think about it basically everyone reaches their next tier during a cruise, and RCCL's Crown and Anchor terms states that each new tier level's benefits are in place with the cruise following the one on which they were earned.  The exception is with Pinnacle which is recognized on the cruise on which it is earned.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, russandcheryl said:

That stinks is a good and simple way to describe the next cruise awarding of the benefits.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, loman said:

No meaningful benefits until you turn diamond with RC .

To be fair, "meaningful" is probably in the eye of the beholder ... it's possible that someone has been really looking forward to attending the Top Tier Event, for example, or being able to request bathrobes. And if you were to use all of the available coupons/discounts for Platinum, it could definitely add up.

That being said, I definitely agree that Diamond is where the C&A program starts to really stand out from loyalty programs on other lines. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

To be fair, "meaningful" is probably in the eye of the beholder ... it's possible that someone has been really looking forward to attending the Top Tier Event, for example, or being able to request bathrobes. And if you were to use all of the available coupons/discounts for Platinum, it could definitely add up.

My wife has always requested a bathrobe, regardless of her status with C&A. She has never been told she can't have one. I would think it would be in the best interest of the cabin steward to honor such a simple request.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My wife has always requested a bathrobe, regardless of her status with C&A. She has never been told she can't have one. I would think it would be in the best interest of the cabin steward to honor such a simple request.

We always ask the room steward to get rid of the bathrobes, they just take up space in the cabin 🙂

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We always ask the room steward to get rid of the bathrobes, they just take up space in the cabin 🙂

True, made Diamond back in the 90's haven't wore a robe yet. Havent had share a Cabin in 22yrs so for me the 340+ Solo Discount guarantees I stay with Royal. With Low to no status on other lines Rare that any could match prices/Discounts I receive

• Like 2

I put on a robe once for about 2 minutes . 

Dont wear one at home and dont have any use for them on a cruise .

The robes are useful for sitting on the balcony while not fully dressed. But since we don't bother with balconies anymore, no need for a robe.
I once saw a lady and her embarrassed grandkid come down to the "Quest" wearing her bathrobe to complain about the noise.
I sure wouldn't leave my cabin wearing a robe.

• Haha 1