Barcelona or bust - Live from Carnival Legend - May 30-June 7

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

If this is Wednesday, we must be in Livorno. 

And one ugly neighboring ship

PXL_20240605_050305828.jpg

The new ugly is not only NCL, I think the last two behemoth blunder of the seas take that title.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The new ugly is not only NCL, I think the last two behemoth blunder of the seas take that title.

Depends on your ugly measure, but Moby ferries are pretty distinctive.  I first saw them in Livorno.  EM

29 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Depends on your ugly measure, but Moby ferries are pretty distinctive.  I first saw them in Livorno.  EM

True, but they did not cost 2.3 BILLION

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

If this is Wednesday, we must be in Livorno. 

And one ugly neighboring ship

PXL_20240605_050305828.jpg

I guess so many complaints the ship did an about face 

PXL_20240605_165903212.jpg

• Haha 5

On 6/3/2024 at 10:11 PM, BlerkOne said:

Very strange to me - they are requiring us to take valid, physical passports ashore, or European ID.

Italy requires that you carry your national ID at all times, which for US citizens is a passport.

It has been a requirement for awhile but is now being enforced (sporadically) 

In trip reports here and on TripAdvisor, people report being approached by police and asked to show their national ID or US Passport. The most common place to be asked was at train station. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Italy requires that you carry your national ID at all times, which for US citizens is a passport.

It has been a requirement for awhile but is now being enforced (sporadically) 

In trip reports here and on TripAdvisor, people report being approached by police and asked to show their national ID or US Passport. The most common place to be asked was at train station. 

I believe it, but strange how the only Italian port where the ship TOLD us to take our passports ashore was in Civitavecchia - where a lot of people might be taking trains. The next day in Livorno, a drivers license was okay.

The authorities should have access to the ship's manifest to quickly determine if someone belongs.

The Italian ports we visited were Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia, and Livorno. Today we are in France (Toulon). Our excursion was cancelled fro lack of participation, so considering taking an Uber to do the same thing. The cost looks to be about the same.

• Like 1

Of course American Airlines wanted to make sure we didn't forget about them, so

Travel Date: Friday, June 7, 2024 

Due to an expected increase in travelers departing from Josep Tarradellas Barcelona–El Prat Airport (BCN) and a required temporary bus service to board the aircraft, American Airlines is encouraging customers to arrive 3 hours prior to departure to allow for extra time to check-in, clear the Security and Passport Control checkpoints, and arrive at the assigned gate.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Due to an expected increase in travelers departing from Josep Tarradellas Barcelona–El Prat Airport (BCN) and a required temporary bus service to board the aircraft, American Airlines is encouraging customers to arrive 3 hours prior to departure to allow for extra time to check-in, clear the Security and Passport Control checkpoints, and arrive at the assigned gate.

Always a sad reminder the trip is coming to an end! 

• Like 1

Thanks for doing the blog! We will be on the Legend soon. I was curious if there is a small coffee shop on lido aft near serenity? There was on Spirit, so I am curious if its the same on Legend. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, mrak said:

Thanks for doing the blog! We will be on the Legend soon. I was curious if there is a small coffee shop on lido aft near serenity? There was on Spirit, so I am curious if its the same on Legend. Thank you!

You're welcome and thank you!  There is a satellite coffee shop. Right next to the pizza place.

20240606_145724.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Heard they will be setting up tents in the lobby area and telling you get there 24 hours before.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Heard they will be setting up tents in the lobby area and telling you get there 24 hours before.  

But I'm Diamond!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Need a vacation from your vacation?

Any cruise beats staying home - especially with the weather back home. Electricity [for others] was off and on. Our generator hummed along unsupervised.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, VIFP1987 said:

Thank you for your review! 

We will be on the Legend next month  … was curious if they had usb outlets by the beds? Thank you! 

You're welcome, and yes, they do. New bedside lamps with USB and 120 volt outlet.

• Like 2

Our cabin also has a new, larger TV, so those likely went in wherever possible. I'm guessing a new phone system.

They must have fiddled with the elevators (or maybe they were always like that). The elevator buttons don't always stay lit, but the elevators are probably still working. Once there was one that toggled endlessly between floors, but could be convinced to go elsewhere.

LED lights in the ceiling.

• Like 1