The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 29th, 2024

Today is International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers, Learn About Composting Day, and National 529 Day

"Classic" - a book which people praise and don't read.--Mark Twain

Meal Suggestion for today - Sheet-Pan Balsamic-Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas & Vegetables
Drink of the Day - Brazilian Crush
Wine of the Day - Juggernaut Hillside Cabernet Sauvignon
Destination of the Day - Anchorage, Alaska, US

Today in History:
1953 Edmund Hillary (NZ) and Tenzing Norgay (Nepal) are first to reach the summit of Mount Everest as part of a British Expedition

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Nieuw Statendam

Leith-Edinburgh, Newhaven-Rosyth-Queensferry, Scotland 08:00 - 23:00

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 10:00 - 21:30

Oosterdam

Kotor, Montenegro 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Flam, Norway 08:00 - 18:00

Volendam

Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 08:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Vancouver, BC Canada 7:00-16:00

Zuiderdam

Warnemunde-Rostock, Germany 07:00 - 22:00

0529Alaska.thumb.png.8165b44a1615366a09998a8125518709.png

0529Atlantic.thumb.png.31f9b16e6e0f90896d1b7fa37a65f916.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 32

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Cruzin Terri driving home from Jacksonville

Vict0riann awaiting biopsy results

Flooding and storms across the US, with loss of life: PNG landslides

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with memory and anxiety issues

JazzyV’s BFF recovering from surgery for a tib-fib fracture

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthdya Cat Shepard (Ann)!

Happy Anniversary Horizon chaser 1957 (Laura)!

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber discharged from rehab to home's

RMLincoln's negative biopsy report

dfish’s goddaughter Elizabeth’s new arrival Adelaide

Nickelpenny post back surgery, now home, doing well

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Mr. Boston (Volendam June 1 to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

4 days for Luvteaching (Majestic Princess June 2 to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage

MrSnuggleupagus (Koningsdam to June 1) Alaska Inside Passage, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage and Mtn2Sea (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels

• Like 15
  • Thanks 30

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Nice morning here today. It is a cool morning at 65 degrees, with a forecasted high of 91 this afternoon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

IMG_1033.JPG

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Report.

Happy Hump Day.

Cool and overcast this morning, chance of showers later. 

I'll gladly celebrate Peacekeepers, we have 2 composters, but I don't know about 529.

Amusing quote.

I'll pass on the meal suggestion, not sure about the drink, but I'm sure the wine will be terrific.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

A warm 79 this AM heading up to a hot 95, it’s definitely summer in Florida, we haven’t had any rain an awhile but rainy season is coming up in June and of course hurricane season officially starts June 1st but late August and September is when we see most hurricanes. We are looking at an MSC cruise on the Magnifica in early August.

Good selection of days.

The quote is probably more true than false.

Pass on the meal.

Have a great day and stay safe and well.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a sunny 62°F North East England.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

UN peacekeepers do a great job worldwide.

Today's food does not inspire me.

We have never been to Alaska.

Our poppy plant has 2 new flowers and 8 buds ready to open.

We are having a restful day watching TV.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a happy day.

IMG-20240529-WA0000.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Brazilian Crush cocktial:

Transport yourself to Brazil's exotic rhythms and vibrant flavors with the tantalizing "Brazilian Crush" cocktail, a captivating blend of luscious passion fruit, zesty lime, and the seductive sweetness of cachaca. This sultry libation captures the spirit of tropical escapism and the thrill of embracing new experiences. Inspired by the samba-infused nights and the allure of Brazilian beaches, the Brazilian Crush is a perfect companion for indulging in a taste of paradise wherever you are. Served in a glass that radiates the vivacity of South American culture, it evokes the carefree atmosphere of a carnival and the allure of uncharted horizons. Whether you're seeking a culinary voyage or simply savoring the exotic, the Brazilian Crush is the perfect sip to infuse your experience with its sensual flavors and the art of embracing the unknown.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. lime juice
1/2 oz. simply syrup
2 oz. cachaca
1 oz. passion fruit puree

Directions

In a shaker with ice cubes pour in the cachaca, passion fruit puree, freshly squeezed lime juice, and simple syrup.
Shake vigorously to blend and chill the ingredients.
Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice cubes and garnish the Brazilian Crush with a lime wheel or twist for a zesty and vibrant visual accent.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 6.33.03 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 24

Good morning to all the Dailyites!!  I pray your day is pleasant and fun!!!

Saving for college is VERY IMPORTANT nowadays!  I can't believe how expensive tuitions are.  When I went to college, it cost $1980 for the education and $2100 for dorm and board!  That was for all three semesters, Fall, Winter, and Spring!  AND... we thought that was expensive, since it was a private college, not state...  I was lucky enough to have a scholarship and some Student Loan.  (Open a 529 account for kiddos and grandkiddos)

We have the Groundbreaking for a Senior Center in town today!!  The citizens voted for the bond issue in 2016 -- so this has been 8 years in coming!!   It's quite exciting to finally happen!!!

To each of you, Have a wonderful day!!!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good morning/afternoon everyone. Beautiful day and the Med is like a sea of glass.

Tomorrow we port in Chioggia  (Venice) and have elected to explore this city versus traveling into Venice. There have been many accolades about this Venice like city. Wander around and maybe do a gondola ride and definitely lunch. 
Enjoying our last day of being on a ship with 150 guest as tomorrow that jumps to 630!

We’ll have a group photo at 5:30 followed by a cocktail party then a special dinner for all.

Four Hundred One crew pampering 150 has been unreal.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for featured post and comments. Bruce

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

Good morning to all the Dailyites!!  I pray your day is pleasant and fun!!!

Saving for college is VERY IMPORTANT nowadays!  I can't believe how expensive tuitions are.  When I went to college, it cost $1980 for the education and $2100 for dorm and board!  That was for all three semesters, Fall, Winter, and Spring!  AND... we thought that was expensive, since it was a private college, not state...  I was lucky enough to have a scholarship and some Student Loan.  (Open a 529 account for kiddos and grandkiddos)

We have the Groundbreaking for a Senior Center in town today!!  The citizens voted for the bond issue in 2016 -- so this has been 8 years in coming!!   It's quite exciting to finally happen!!!

To each of you, Have a wonderful day!!!

This is fantastic news for your towns senior citizens Lambie.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Three great days to celebrate today - 529 accounts are a great help w/pricey education costs.

Pass on the meal (chickpeas but sounds yummy w/chicken) and drink, would try the wine, been to Anchorage once (no pictures, frustrating experience) & look forward to seeing pictures. 

Yesterday was a bust - Mavs🏀 lost, so we go to game 5, trees 🌳branches and debris aplenty from the storm (dodging them added 15 min to the drive to eye Dr) and allergies again prevented the Dr from doing the procedure. So, I'm the proud recipient of a new Rx, a lecture about the evils of eye rubbing, and freshly inserted eye plugs. We'll try again in 2 weeks. 🤞the plugs help; she says she can pop them out if I don't like them. Thanks to everyone for their input during my research.

Currently 70° headed to rainy 82°. Forecast estimates worst of the rains between 10-12, so I should just miss them returning from this morning's Dr appt.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240529_050330.thumb.jpg.3f0374102c7b2d02a2a6e0159b49263e.jpg

20240529_050501.jpg.c4627e79dcdd03383a5a3fab5276bb3c.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 32