Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

We will be boarding the Beyond on Sunday for a B2B............so we will have 2 weeks to experience the Zenith "light" level, check out the benefits and acceptance on board. We are looking forward to getting back on the Beyond (1 month ago), being a good Pinnacle ambassador and make some new Zenith friends. We aren't allowed in the Retreat Lounge (space available), so it might be difficult to discern who's a "Z" as most don't wear pins for identification and it is frowned upon to ask ones loyalty status. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We will be boarding the Beyond on Sunday for a B2B............so we will have 2 weeks to experience the Zenith "light" level, check out the benefits and acceptance on board. We are looking forward to getting back on the Beyond (1 month ago), being a good Pinnacle ambassador and make some new Zenith friends. We aren't allowed in the Retreat Lounge (space available), so it might be difficult to discern who's a "Z" as most don't wear pins for identification and it is frowned upon to ask ones loyalty status. 

Most of the Zeniths like to hang out at WCB if they are not in the Retreat lounge.You wont ses their shinny pins but you may see their Black cards when they pay for their drinks.If you are on the President Cruise on the 23rd. June you may be able to spot a few of them.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

DW and I just received emails from X congratulating us on achieving Zenith. Still nothing but crickets from RCL on the status match.😇

Got that one as well.  Some nice perks!  🙂 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

WOW!!

I just popped over to the X boards and the thread there on this topic. It's not a happy bunch AT ALL

That is why we will be keeping a low profile and not letting on we inherited the Zenith perks.  😉 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, verizon said:

Most of the Zeniths like to hang out at WCB if they are not in the Retreat lounge.You wont ses their shinny pins but you may see their Black cards when they pay for their drinks.If you are on the President Cruise on the 23rd. June you may be able to spot a few of them.

Thanks.

I understand that there are Zenith lunches scheduled - so hopefully we will meet some at that venue. We usually wear a neckband badge holder, so maybe that is a way to spot fellow Zeniths - I'll look for the Black Card.

We aren't booked on the President's Cruise.............maybe someday!!!

38 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

There's a feeling by quite a few Zeniths that the status match is not equivalent and that Pinnacles are gaining benefits greater in value than their comparable on Royal. There is also a fear of the on rush of P's coming to Celebrity with their shiny pins and a bit of arrogance.........but I believe that these fears are unfounded and all will settle down over time.

I totally agree.  I will be avoiding some conversations on board Connie in Dec.  😉 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd probably not have booked this cruise at all were not for the change in status matching...  so I guess their marketing ploy working on me anyways.

Agree.....and IMHO...I think that was the whole idea.  As Royal ships don't care about the older cruiser any longer, this was a way to entice them to stay with the family.  😉 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Will be interesting indeed to hear about your adventure with such.  Have a fantabulous cruise Gary and Mary!!  Looking forward to joining you on Apex!  🙂 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thanks.

I understand that there are Zenith lunches scheduled - so hopefully we will meet some at that venue. We usually wear a neckband badge holder, so maybe that is a way to spot fellow Zeniths - I'll look for the Black Card.

We aren't booked on the President's Cruise.............maybe someday!!!

For those cross over Zeniths the best chance to get into Retreat is  to take the 3 or 4 days cruises because those are the less itineries for Zeniths to cruise on.

Edited by verizon
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Will be interesting indeed to hear about your adventure with such.  Have a fantabulous cruise Gary and Mary!!  Looking forward to joining you on Apex!  🙂 

I am anticipating a great cruise and keeping a positive attitude as to the assimilation. We made the conscious decision to change over to Celebrity over a year and half ago. Right now we have 18 cruises booked on "X" and only 3 on Royal through March of 2026. 

• Like 3

I only had 1 X cruise booked and I paid for the wifi and drink packages for 2 people. Was able to have them taken off so I just saved $724.00. 💃🏼 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I am anticipating a great cruise and keeping a positive attitude as to the assimilation. We made the conscious decision to change over to Celebrity over a year and half ago. Right now we have 18 cruises booked on "X" and only 3 on Royal through March of 2026. 

I know you are going in the right direction!  Good choice!  We still have 10 booked with Royal, but will now enjoy some X cruises that we will start booking...the first to start this Dec.   We also have 5 booked with Viking...but they are long cruises each.  

Still want to try Silverseas...I think that will be another eye opener for us.  🙂  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I know you are going in the right direction!  Good choice!  We still have 10 booked with Royal, but will now enjoy some X cruises that we will start booking...the first to start this Dec.   We also have 5 booked with Viking...but they are long cruises each.  

Still want to try Silverseas...I think that will be another eye opener for us.  🙂  

Silver Seas is not in our future as is booking a Suite on Celebrity. We will opt to take 2 cruises for the price of a suite. You will enjoy the Aqua Class category - the cabin will be similar in size to the old D1's but have the "convertible" balcony. You will love Blu and the amenities with that class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

IMO, your acceptance as a crossover Zenith will be no different than when you took your first Celebrity cruise as a crossover Elite. I always find things different on the cruise then what's posted on CC. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

WOW!!

I just popped over to the X boards and the thread there on this topic. It's not a happy bunch AT ALL

Why? Is there some kind of negative effect on Celebrity cruisers? It seems to me that both Celebrity and Royal cruisers can benefit from these updates. Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity, so I’m not sure what the fuss is about. 

Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I can't disagree with the concern.

Pinnacles are making out on this deal. Conversely, Elite and Elite plus taking a Royal cruise are gaining FAR more than a Diamond or Diamond plus taking an X trip.

I agree 100% which I get because IMO their plan was to get rid of the Pinnacles from Royal that cruise often, to make room for the young families that spend more $$ in 3 or 4 days that  they’re trying to lure on to the mega ships.

They had to do something so the D+ don’t feel left out, but the perks we get from Royal far outweigh what we’ll get from X.

It would be nice if Royal would add another level for those that are high D+, it’s a very long way to Pinnacle.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

might be difficult to discern who's a "Z" as most don't wear pins for identification and it is frowned upon to ask ones loyalty status. 

Love it.  We noticed this on X as well.  We're the type to enjoy the cruise we're on, not draw attention to ourselves w/ making sure everyone knows our 'status'/stories of how many cruises we've been on/etc.  If we're asked during a conversation, we gladly discuss.  If not, we feel people are generally not as interested in our travel career as we are.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Love it.  We noticed this on X as well.  We're the type to enjoy the cruise we're on, not draw attention to ourselves w/ making sure everyone knows our 'status'/stories of how many cruises we've been on/etc.  If we're asked during a conversation, we gladly discuss.  If not, we feel people are generally not as interested in our travel career as we are.

I agree with you 100%.The shinny pin does not reflect how much money I have in my bank account.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, verizon said:

I agree with you 100%.The shinny pin does not reflect how much money I have in my bank account.

My wife said that her Pinnacle pin is the most expensive piece of jewelry that she owns!!!! I agree!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

My wife said that her Pinnacle pin is the most expensive piece of jewelry that she owns!!!! I agree!!!!

Indeed.  Don't even know what box it got thrown in.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

At least it gets you some perks. Unlike that expensive ring on her finger that took perks away from you.

• Haha 5