New Survey

Marmaduke

Just completed a new survey I was sent by Azamara. It seem to concentrate on what you want included in your base fare. I do hope they are not trying to push towards including tours.

I thought it was an excellent well constructed survey unlike the amateur survey monkeys of the past. The way it presented over a series of questions what combinations you wanted and also looked to find your dealbreakers will give them very good data for analytical purposes. 
I certainly saw this as being a much more professional piece of research than in the past 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

I struggled with the survey. The primary reason I cruise was not listed as an option. There was no option to write in your reason and you could not progress without completing that option so I abandoned the survey.

I do not cruise for the food. I would love a B&B option only on cruise ships.

Edited by anniegb
  • Like 2

The many options of what should be included/excluded at different price points was immediately irrelevant to me. We’re not going on a 7 night Med cruise from Australia- especially when the bare bones price is AUD7,500 per person. No way are we paying $15,000 a couple for a 7 night cruise on Azamara in a veranda cabin. This is luxury level pricing.

At over $2,000 per night, we wouldn’t hesitate to go to Regent, Silversea or Seabourn and not have to worry about tips being included, access to laundries, which alcoholic or caffeine drink to consume and a clingy shower screen (because we’d be in a larger, more comfortable suite). Oh, and 2 of those 3 include gratis shore excursions. 

I’m afraid someone has lost the plot at Azamara.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AJCM said:

The many options of what should be included/excluded at different price points was immediately irrelevant to me. We’re not going on a 7 night Med cruise from Australia- especially when the bare bones price is AUD7,500 per person. No way are we paying $15,000 a couple for a 7 night cruise on Azamara in a veranda cabin. This is luxury level pricing.

At over $2,000 per night, we wouldn’t hesitate to go to Regent, Silversea or Seabourn and not have to worry about tips being included, access to laundries, which alcoholic or caffeine drink to consume and a clingy shower screen (because we’d be in a larger, more comfortable suite). Oh, and 2 of those 3 include gratis shore excursions. 

I’m afraid someone has lost the plot at Azamara.

But you had the option to say none of the above. The UK prices in the examples wasn’t far off what is charged. 

• Like 1

The 7-night Med cruise prices in USD were laughable.

I freely employed the None of the Above option.  And then I left what I feel to be useful comments in the provided boxes ; )

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

I thought it was an excellent well constructed survey unlike the amateur survey monkeys of the past. The way it presented over a series of questions what combinations you wanted and also looked to find your dealbreakers will give them very good data for analytical purposes. 
I certainly saw this as being a much more professional piece of research than in the past 

Great summary. The survey was well constructed and thought out. The problem with Survey Monkey is two-fold. Firstly it's not confidential (no matter how much they assure that it is) and secondly, they leave the user to build the survey themselves. This survey was built by a professional provider in conjunction with the client (Azamara).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

The 7-night Med cruise prices in USD were laughable.

I freely employed the None of the Above option.  And then I left what I feel to be useful comments in the provided boxes ; )

I also chose the “None of the above “ option for the same reason. The 7-night USD price at the cheapest price they quoted was almost double what we paid for a 12 night Med cruise this summer in a balcony cabin.

• Like 1

I also think it's an intelligent survey, with a few oddities.

I ignored the pricing on the basis that that's only ever a starting point before the many offers. I just looked at the options they were offering - I still ended up with 'none of the above' in almost all cases!

I can't imagine why any cruise line would remove included gratuities nowadays. 

Even our lowly loyalty ranking gets us a bag of laundry every 7 days. In the case of a the example cruise, one bag would probably be sufficient to avoid using the laundrette, so options including a daily bag of laundry seemed slightly off the mark. Maybe we aren't clean people!

Internet on a 7 day Med cruise would be of fairly low value to many UK cruisers, as those of us who travel regularly probably still have data roaming included in a mobile package. However, on a longer cruise outside Europe, I'd elevate it to a 'deal-breaker'.

It worries me slightly that they may be considering tinkering with a product which loyal Azamara cruisers generally like, but then I never did like change! Maybe the survey was aimed at people who take cruises with several other lines, though.

• Like 3