Tattoos

My husband got a tattoo on the Valiant Lady in April. He lined up an hour before Squid Ink opened on the first day of the cruise to meet with an artist and book an appointment. There were 3 tattoo artists on board. He brought his own photo ideas and booked his appointment for the next to last day of cruise. Haley, the tattoo artist, designed and did his tattoo. His tattoo is amazing! The photo I posted doesn't show all the great details. 

IMG_20240418_143049547.jpg

• Like 2

I got two tattoos in one sailing.  I was on the Resilient Lady September 2023 for a B2B on the Greek Isles and Croatia cruises.  The lower leg tattoo was a refreshed, 15-year old tattoo.  The whale tail on my forearm is new.  The photos don't represent them very well.  I had two different artists, as they have different skill sets.  The leg tattoo was done by a guy from Macedonia who specialized in touch-ups and colors.  The whale tail was done by a lady, CallieJo, from New York who specialized in fine-line art.  I am very pleased with the results.  Since it had been 15 years between tattoos, I don't know the going rates and I, for sure, paid more because I was on the cruise, but I thought it was pricey.  I used some OBC to pay for a bit of it.  No regrets!  I love them!

Leg Tattoo.jpg

Whale Tail Tattoo.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 9:34 AM, Burrata said:

I didn't see henna tattoos, not a crazy question! : )

Not tattoo related but love your username. It’s my fav kind of cheese. 
The only place that has it on the ship is the Ship Show. It was really tasty and I went back for the show again (this time alone) just to get 2 orders of the salad and skipped the entree. 

Also not related but on that second time going to the ship show, I ended up meeting my now fiancé. So my love for Burrata found me a husband. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Not tattoo related but love your username. It’s my fav kind of cheese. 
The only place that has it on the ship is the Ship Show. It was really tasty and I went back for the show again (this time alone) just to get 2 orders of the salad and skipped the entree. 

Also not related but on that second time going to the ship show, I ended up meeting my now fiancé. So my love for Burrata found me a husband. 

Love that!

3 hours ago, WickedRed said:

I met a couple guys who had camels put on their big toes.  Met their wives as well, who just shook their heads.

I hope the artist at least tried to talk them out of that one.  I got a tattoo done by a guy that showed me a drawing some younger guy came in to get tattooed on his chest of a skeletal hand flipping the bird.  He said he told the guy he really didn't think it was a good idea, but they insisted so...

4 hours ago, WickedRed said:

I met a couple guys who had camels put on their big toes.  Met their wives as well, who just shook their heads.

It’s kind of cliché (I know others that have done it) and not that funny if you really think about it. 
oh well, to each their own.