Another "My Account" mystery

OK, has anyone had this happen?

We just booked a January 2026 cruise(MIA-LA, 22 nights, 7 sea days.)  I went into "my account," it shows up, all is well.  Here's the thing:

Just below the itinerary basics there's the "customize your voyage" section.  It's always a slightly different shade than the background.  It has three columns, left to right they are for: shorex, dining rezzies, cooking classes. They of course show it's too early to book anything.  Here's where it gets weird, or at least new to me:  the far right column for cooking classes has no content.  The lighter colored column is there, but there's no header nor description. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a matter of not being able to book classes, I'm saying the whole concept does not exist for this cruise.  I know this sounds trivial, but the CAaS classes are something we very much enjoy.   

To repeat: anyone else seen this?

24 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

The lighter colored column is there, but there's no header nor description. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a matter of not being able to book classes, I'm saying the whole concept does not exist for this cruise.  

Quite possibly they do not have a class/classes finalized for that time yet and do not want to promise and publish anything now.  

Posted (edited)

More often than not, the Culinary Kitchen classes aren't posted until after the excursions open for booking.  On many of our cruises, there isn't even a header for Culinary Kitchen...until there is.  Someone may have evidence to the contrary, but we've never been on, nor heard of, a cruise on an Explorer-class ship where there weren't Culinary Kitchen classes offered.  Just keep checking.

Edited by Portolan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Portolan said:

More often than not, the Culinary Kitchen classes aren't posted until after the excursions open for booking.  On many of our cruises, there isn't even a header for Culinary Kitchen...until there is.  Someone may have evidence to the contrary, but we've never been on, nor heard of, a cruise on an Explorer-class ship where there weren't Culinary Kitchen classes offered.  Just keep checking.

Thanks, that's reassuring.

@KenzSailing

I wonder if you have been caught up in the same sort of very annoying technical glitch that we have encountered on another cruise 🤔

Your cruise is made up of two segments, and is therefore an "A" suffixed cruise.

We have an "A" suffixed cruise in early 2025, also combining two segments. Those guests booked on one or other of the segments were able to reserve a cookery class place some weeks ago. However the culinary classes have not been uploaded to our combination sailing.

Regent(UK) are unable to correct this anomaly and despite them emailing their colleagues in Miami numerous times, there has been no progress in getting the classes uploaded to our cruise.

They even say that they are unable to email us details & timings of the classes that have been made available to each of the segments 🙄 🤨

On 6/4/2024 at 10:55 AM, flossie009 said:

Regent(UK) are unable to correct this anomaly and despite them emailing their colleagues in Miami numerous times, there has been no progress in getting the classes uploaded to our cruise.

Regent finally fixed the glitch, and classes were posted on our cruise yesterday; allowing us to reserve places on one that looked interesting 🙂

Posted (edited)

Wendy:  

Correct.  The only culinary "classes" we have experienced on Mariner and Navigator have been cooking demonstrations conducted in The Theater and hosted by the Chef.  My wife has attended several.  

Who knows?  Mariner is going to undergo a major refit in late 2025.  Word is it will add another specialty restaurant.  Perhaps that could be a venue for hands-on culinary classes--rather than creating another separate, single-purpose room as is the current case for Explorer, Splendor, and Grandeur. 

Of course, given the layout (separate cooking stations) for a culinary class, that would take some tinkering.  Just a thought.  

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
context

Many many years ago (2005 to be precise) I took a Panama Canal cruise on Mariner with cooking classes organised by the Cordon Bleu school in Paris.   The chef was fantastic.  The classes - hands on - were in the kitchen at the old Latitudes restaurant with the prep work done on the restaurant tables (covered for the mornings).   So it is possible to combine the two.  However there wouldn't be any overhead mirror or loudspeaker etc I suppose.

7 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Many many years ago (2005 to be precise) I took a Panama Canal cruise on Mariner with cooking classes organised by the Cordon Bleu school in Paris.   The chef was fantastic.  The classes - hands on - were in the kitchen at the old Latitudes restaurant with the prep work done on the restaurant tables (covered for the mornings).   So it is possible to combine the two.  However there wouldn't be any overhead mirror or loudspeaker etc I suppose.

Yes, we did two of those courses in the early days. On Voyager they happened in Signatures, using the galley for the cooking part. Chaotic but wonderful.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:55 AM, flossie009 said:

@KenzSailing

I wonder if you have been caught up in the same sort of very annoying technical glitch that we have encountered on another cruise 🤔

Your cruise is made up of two segments, and is therefore an "A" suffixed cruise.

We have an "A" suffixed cruise in early 2025, also combining two segments. Those guests booked on one or other of the segments were able to reserve a cookery class place some weeks ago. However the culinary classes have not been uploaded to our combination sailing.

They even say that they are unable to email us details & timings of the classes that have been made available to each of the segments 🙄 🤨

I think you're exactly right.  One thing I haven't mentioned: when we booked our 2026 cruise, we cancelled the back end of our 2024 BtB.  After doing that our front end cruise reverted in My Account to "deposit needed" from paid status, and the Manage my Booking button disappeared again.  Fun times.  

Has anyone had problems clicking on "view details" or "view purchases" of a cruise that they are currently sailing on?  I get a pup up of "run script" with a long line after that but no listing of details or purchases.  We are on a five segment trip and I would just like to figure out what we have purchased in tours on later segments; Destinations does not have this information. 

5 hours ago, mrlevin said:

We are on a five segment trip and I would just like to figure out what we have purchased in tours on later segments

I always end up going to my email for this information. The excursions are all listed in the Vacation Summary that they emailed me and my TA before the cruise.

5 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Destinations does not have this information. 

Makes me crazy that they don't have this. There is absolutely no excuse for the system to be set up this way.

If you've ever watched Destinations on the last day of a cruise, they're like headless chickens trying to get the ticket packets together for the next cruise, because they can't get into the system for that cruise until the day before. It would make much more sense for that info to be available to the Destinations Desk seven days before, at the cut-off time for online booking. Then they could make use of downtime on Cruise A to make the packets for Cruise A + 1.

It's no wonder the Destinations team is sometimes cranky.

• Like 1

Final summary does not show which ones I paid for.  Luckily I found my printout from before I left that had what I paid.  Luckily ship has $248 extra OBC on TV but they haven’t been able to get me a printout yet. I don’t want to spend it until I know it is real. 

• Like 1