Port Everglades transportation back to FLL airport question.

Our flight isn't till 3pm, that being said are there shared shuttles or taxis you can just get into without reservations required?

Just got a quote from Jiffy Jeff for $100 for 2 ppl, (they said they do not do shared rides)  Seems high, but we haven't been

out of FLL in a decade. 

Thank you

I just ran thru UBER app PE terminal 26 to Ft L airport DELTA and get $17 for X and $23 for XL ... remember that's for the CAR how ever many fit.  Your price may vary as that's how UBER works but it should be close. Concur if you trip on the curb leaving the port you skin your knee on airport property

We generally just take a taxi - usually lined up and ready to go quickly.  If you wait to be the last off the ship however there may be a short (5-10 minute) wait in our experience.

If we have excess OBC to use, AND we have lots of time to kill, we purchase HAL transfers at the shore excursion desk.  It costs a bit more, but if we want to use OBC up, it works IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

(See #5 below)   

We have sailed on numerous cruises at Port Everglades and then going to FLL for flights.   We are now in our 80s.   Here is my advice  (notice my signature below - 65 past cruises). 

1. Hubby with breathing problems, so we get a wheelchair for him going through the cruise terminal, both getting on ship & getting off.  No-one ever asks any questions as to why he needs a wheelchair, and the HUGE PLUS is the wheel chair people gets you through all the stops and onto the ship very fast; same fast process departing the ship & getting through customs. 

2. Get a luggage porter to handle your luggage at the cruise port -- he will take you to your transportation location, be it a shuttle, a taxi or a bus transfer.  get you through all the luggage area and customs.  These men are working all the cruises, depending on tips, so they move fast and they know WHERE to take you.  

3. Luggage Direct:  For a fee, your checked luggage can have special tags so that it is taken directly from the your cabin on the cruise ship to the airport and to your plane(s).....you don't handle it at all....you pick it up at baggage claim at the end of your trip!!   It's absolutely wonderful!!  

4.  Use a TAXI to go to the airport!  Forget Uber, etc.  There are tons of taxis and they know shortcuts to the airport.   You will likely have to wait on an Uber or a shuttle.

****  5.  If we have a late flight after the cruise, we often have the taxi take us to a hotel which has a bar & restaurant; we hang out in their lobby, get a mimosa or beer and eat the lunch....overall better atmosphere & better food than the over-priced mediocre airport food.  (I choose a hotel for this PRIOR to coming to Ft. Lauderdale.)

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

10 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

(See #5 below)   

We have sailed on numerous cruises at Port Everglades and then going to FLL for flights.   We are now in our 80s.   Here is my advice  (notice my signature below - 65 past cruises). 

1. Hubby with breathing problems, so we get a wheelchair for him going through the cruise terminal, both getting on ship & getting off.  No-one ever asks any questions as to why he needs a wheelchair, and the HUGE PLUS is the wheel chair people gets you through all the stops and onto the ship very fast; same fast process departing the ship & getting through customs. 

2. Get a luggage porter to handle your luggage at the cruise port -- he will take you to your transportation location, be it a shuttle, a taxi or a bus transfer.  get you through all the luggage area and customs.  These men are working all the cruises, depending on tips, so they move fast and they know WHERE to take you.  

3. Luggage Direct:  For a fee, your checked luggage can have special tags so that it is taken directly from the your cabin on the cruise ship to the airport and to your plane(s).....you don't handle it at all....you pick it up at baggage claim at the end of your trip!!   It's absolutely wonderful!!  

4.  Use a TAXI to go to the airport!  Forget Uber, etc.  There are tons of taxis and they know shortcuts to the airport.   You will likely have to wait on an Uber or a shuttle.

****  5.  If we have a late flight after the cruise, we often have the taxi take us to a hotel which has a bar & restaurant; we hang out in their lobby, get a mimosa or beer and eat the lunch....overall better atmosphere & better food than the over-priced mediocre airport food.  (I choose a hotel for this PRIOR to coming to Ft. Lauderdale.)

If you use wheelchair assistance to depart the ship I would like to know if there is a set time to leave or can you leave whenever you want? We will be in a hurry to get to the airport. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Marie51 said:

If you use wheelchair assistance to depart the ship I would like to know if there is a set time to leave or can you leave whenever you want? We will be in a hurry to get to the airport. Thanks.

Guests requiring wheel chair assistance must leave their bags outside cabin night before.

You contact guest service a day or two before disembarkment  to get time and place to meet. Usually it's between 7am-9am will vary by ship.

This info is from our last departure tip sheet.

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Guests requiring wheel chair assistance must leave their bags outside cabin night before.

You contact guest service a day or two before disembarkment  to get time and place to meet. Usually it's between 7am-9am will vary by ship.

This info is from our last departure tip sheet.

Thanks for the info.