Miami Post Cruise Tours & Then To MIA?

Posted (edited)

I have searched this board, the Florida board and online however I was unable to locate an answer to my question.

Does Oceania offer post cruise tours ending at the airport (MIA for us with independently booked flights) for flights departing later in the day?

On other cruise lines we’ve sailed they often offer these combination tours & airport transportation packages. I do not see that option nor does my TA & only O’s transportation to MIA for $69/pp. That option is for flights that depart at 11 AM or later & thus would get us to MIA much earlier than we desire…does anyone know times buses generally depart for MIA?

Our flight isn’t until 4 PM because non-stop LAX flights in the morning are too early & our flight begins the non-stops going into the evening. Departures around noon have connections & arrive at LAX hours later than our 4 PM non-stop flight. I am hoping that O would offer these packages…maybe onboard?

It’s been my experience that bags cannot be checked in until 4 hours before departure so we’re trying to find a way to not arrive too early at MIA. Based on discussions I’ve read the flat rate for taxis is no longer offered and that taxi/rideshare cost is from $35 - $50.

I’d appreciate any insights that could be provided...TIA 

Edited by Astro Flyer

• Astro Flyer changed the title to Miami Post Cruise Tours & Then To MIA?

Try doing a mock UberX booking, Miami cruise port to MIA, same day of week and time. Have to select airline and terminal.

I think you'll see it's between approximately $17 to $24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the past, Destination Services has included a short day tour transfer as a part of the Disembarkation process. Bags are with you or stored in a box truck and then delivered to the Airport with your arrival. I think it was $69-79 range pp and it worked out great. Any tour beats sitting at MIA for HOURS. We will be testing this out again in November when we return to Miami on Marina. 
Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Try doing a mock UberX booking, Miami cruise port to MIA, same day of week and time. Have to select airline and terminal.

I think you'll see it's between approximately $17 to $24

Thanks we’ll explore that option.

27 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

In the past, Destination Services has included a short day tour transfer as a part of the Disembarkation process. Bags are with you or stored in a box truck and then delivered to the Airport with your arrival. I think it was $69-79 range pp and it worked out great. Any tour beats sitting at MIA for HOURS. We will be testing this out again in November when we return to Miami on Marina. 
Mauibabes

That would be great to have a tour with a MIA drop off…we disembark Sirena on 12/4/24 & hope to learn more about your experiences.

Our other option to avoid the MIA lobby for hours sitting on our suitcases is to disembark last & maybe sit outside the terminal jealously watching the lucky passengers who will be boarding Sirena next. ☺️

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our other option to avoid the MIA lobby for hours sitting on our suitcases is to disembark last & maybe sit outside the terminal jealously watching the lucky passengers who will be boarding Sirena next. ☺️

Or you could take  a ‘day room’ which we did a few years ago. Might have been a Hilton, not sure now, but it had a nice pool and a reasonable restaurant. I think it was around $60 and there was a shuttle to the airport.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Mauibabes

We did this once with a Hop On Hop Off tour. Worked just the way you say. We did return to the Bayside area to collect luggage and then went to the airport in smaller vans. 

• Thanks 1

We took a taxi to MIA car rental & drove to Vizcaya museum & gardens for the day, then returned back for our 4PM flight to SAN. Worked great!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences…we’ll definitely research each of these helpful suggestions.

Hi Astro- while researching hotels for pre cruise- I came across one that would allow you to use their facilities and/or even store your bags for you. It could have been on Trivago. Also search for cruise excursions Miami- some are there. Cruising is big business for Miami and it appears the city offers a lot of options.

Many of the hotels have free airport shuttles-and I have been “told” that Lyft is the better choice for ride share in Miami.

I will wave to you as I board Serina.😎

• Thanks 1

We were in a similar situation last January - disembarked from Vista about 8:30 and our flight to Des Moines didn't leave until 9pm.  We booked a private tour.  Many operators will pick you and your luggage up at the cruise port, provide a tour of whatever length you specify, then drop you off at the airport.  Pick a tour that interests you, then you (or your TA) can work with the operator to modify the tour so that it fits your schedule.

We were interested in Little Havana, so we booked a food tour called "Eight Cuban Delights" through Tours by Locals.  Our guide was Orlando Cabrera Rodriguez, and I highly recommend him.  His Suburban accomodated all our luggage, he augmented the food tour with drives through various neighborhoods of Miami, and then got us to the airport at just the right time.  It was a wonderul day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clo,

We drove by Versailles and the guide talked about its history, but a meal there was a bit beyond what we paid for the tour.  From the looks of the parking lot, they were not hurting for patrons.

7 hours ago, MrEu6117 said:

Clo,

We drove by Versailles and the guide talked about its history, but a meal there was a bit beyond what we paid for the tour.  From the looks of the parking lot, they were not hurting for patrons.

This was probably 30 years ago so don't remember prices. But here's a menu that looks current. Not bad. And, yes, it was a pretty rich crowd.

https://assets.website-files.com/5f9b2a13bc4f61ef6ae5347a/624b22f0de14f9628e0ca497_VR_TkOMenu_09_14_2021-compressed.pdf

We have, some times, just rented a car in Miami (downtown) which we could then use to store our luggage in the trunk.  The car provided our transportation to do various things around the Miami area and we later returned the car at the airport (both MIA and FLL depending on our flight).  The rental car was actually less expensive than the cruise line excursion offerings (we do not know if O offers such an excursion that will drop you at your desired airport).

Hank

• Thanks 2

On 6/13/2024 at 9:45 AM, no fuss travel said:

Oceania offered a tour to the Everglades with a dropoff at the airport.  Our luggage was loaded on to the bus and we got it when we arrived at the correct terminal

Thanks…was that available to book pre-cruise or onboard?

On 6/15/2024 at 2:59 PM, no fuss travel said:

Onboard.  It was listed on the sheet for disembarkation time, baggage etc.

Thanks @no fuss travel…Hope to have the same experience on Sirena in Fall. 🤞

Do you recall the latest flight time that would be acceptable for that tour’s option?

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks @no fuss travel…Hope to have the same experience on Sirena in Fall. 🤞

Do you recall the latest flight time that would be acceptable for that tour’s option?

I am not positive but I think it was either 2 or 4 pm. It was a nice tour. They split the buses between flights that left from Fort Lauderdale and Miami 

On 6/17/2024 at 8:51 PM, no fuss travel said:

I am not positive but I think it was either 2 or 4 pm. It was a nice tour. They split the buses between flights that left from Fort Lauderdale and Miami 

Thanks for providing those times & hopefully it will work for our late afternoon flight from MIA.