Infinite Veranda question

Bxc53

15 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’ve already said I don’t book IVs but I don’t care if others like them.  Didn’t mean to cause a meltdown. Happy cruising in whatever style you choose, and may your balconies always be outdoors. 

This should be the final post here..  Folks are aware and educated abd can figure out what works for them, the itin and price point!

6 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I think you may miss the fact that some of us are not all that active on this forum until we are getting close to milestones to do with our cruise.  You are very active so the comments you are referring to (that you'd like to stop seeing) are all new to those of us that do that.  I feel like your comments are meant with good intent - because you truly think people are unaware of the marketing - and marketing is one of your things.  There is a passive-aggressive nature to how you phrase things and they are received as if you think the audience is all unruly teenagers.   

I've read some of your other comments on the forum so I know this isn't your common behavior.  But something about these IVs are triggering to you.  Personally, I find your responses entertaining so I'm sort of a fan.  But I don't for a second think you aren't baiting for responses, and I think you are fully aware when you do it.  I don't know why people take it personally though - I'm completely fine with you being wrong.  *just joking*  That is the sort of quip I've come to expect from you & I think you enjoy the banter too.

If you please stop using words like “triggering” then I will stop treating you like a teenager.  Is it rude to say that?  I think that is a polite request.  

If someone is permitted to say how wonderful it is then I feel free to point out that it is just marketing used to cover up an engineering and design decision intended to save Celebrity money by having ships with less drag and lower fuel requirements.

I will agree that this is a forum to educate people.  And I will try not to scare off the newbies.  But this is not only a forum to praise every decision that Celebrity makes.

Look at my post history.  Yes I’ve commented, on maybe 5% of the posts about it.

I will post less about it unless someone asks my opinion.  IVs and Edge class go together.  Some of us like them.  And some of us don’t.

46 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I think you may miss the fact that some of us are not all that active on this forum until we are getting close to milestones to do with our cruise.  You are very active so the comments you are referring to (that you'd like to stop seeing) are all new to those of us that do that.  I feel like your comments are meant with good intent - because you truly think people are unaware of the marketing - and marketing is one of your things.  There is a passive-aggressive nature to how you phrase things and they are received as if you think the audience is all unruly teenagers.   

I've read some of your other comments on the forum so I know this isn't your common behavior.  But something about these IVs are triggering to you.  Personally, I find your responses entertaining so I'm sort of a fan.  But I don't for a second think you aren't baiting for responses, and I think you are fully aware when you do it.  I don't know why people take it personally though - I'm completely fine with you being wrong.  *just joking*  That is the sort of quip I've come to expect from you & I think you enjoy the banter too.

When it comes to baiting people we do have a few masters. Not sure if Zitsky is one. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If you please stop using words like “triggering” then I will stop treating you like a teenager.  Is it rude to say that?  I think that is a polite request.  

If someone is permitted to say how wonderful it is then I feel free to point out that it is just marketing used to cover up an engineering and design decision intended to save Celebrity money by having ships with less drag and lower fuel requirements.

I will agree that this is a forum to educate people.  And I will try not to scare off the newbies.  But this is not only a forum to praise every decision that Celebrity makes.

Look at my post history.  Yes I’ve commented, on maybe 5% of the posts about it.

I will post less about it unless someone asks my opinion.  IVs and Edge class go together.  Some of us like them.  And some of us don’t.

If you want to find places on this forum where people don't just praise X, please checkout the lounger thread. 

16 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

When it comes to baiting people we do have a few masters. Not sure if Zitsky is one. 

Ginny I call it having an opinion.  My crime is pointing out that the name is misleading.  I don’t recall telling anyone you CANNOT book that.  

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ginny I call it having an opinion.  My crime is pointing out that the name is misleading.  I don’t recall telling anyone you CANNOT book that.  

Hence my disclaimer. 

On 6/22/2024 at 6:28 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ah. Well before my time cruising. (And given those are UK-based lines would explain the confusion with the OP. US-based lines don't use that term, so it's understandable we'd be confused.)

Actually my first cruise on Carnival 1986 used the term outside for rooms with an ocean view or obstructed view. The prices went up on both inside and outside categories the higher the deck you were booking. The top decks were the most expensive. You had higher status the higher up you were. At least in your mind as everyone had access to the same things. As time went on people realized the the top decks weren't that great since you were under the pool and experienced more noise. Now the cruise lines have loyalty programs so you can pat yourself on the back and feel good about yourself as you move up the ranks.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 6/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, zitsky said:

I’ll continue calling out the ridiculous marketing that some of you seem to swallow hook, line and sinker.  You call that defensive?  I call that being honest.

The Magic Carpet is kind of over the top also (for marketing).  It is nice for tendering,  but that is about it...

Edited by NMTraveller

31 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The Magic Carpet is kind of over the top also (for marketing).  It is nice for tendering,  but that is about it...

They call it that because you need to know the magic word to move it?  I see a marketing brochure with a person riding a carpet in the sky.