Best way to get an early check in time?

My understanding is that there are no longer assigned check-in times. Personally, I prefer to explore the Port City where we're departing from before boarding the ship. On many sailings, the next full day is a sea day. I have plenty of time to explore the ship that day. I don't have extra time to explore the port once I'm on the ship 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you are Elite, or Platinum...  take advantage of the priority boarding.

Get there early and be standing and ready when staff indicates you may head into the ship.

If you are not Platinum or Elite, then this can make a difference.

Suites and Special Guests will also board first.

Good Luck!!!

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

What is the best way to get an early check in time?  Do the times become available on some date/time and the first ones to select them get the early times?

Check in times are simply suggestions. Go whenever you are ready

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

My plan was to purchase date/times for the sanctuary.  I have heard that this books up early?

Have been trampled by people rushing to the Sanctuary.   Princess should fix this, but yes,  board as soon as possible and go straight there and see if there is availability.

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

My plan was to purchase date/times for the sanctuary.  I have heard that this books up early?

Mostly for Caribbean itineraries. The APP will show a check in time window, you no longer ‘select’ a specific window. As posted, arrive as early as possible.

There are no check in times. I don't know your boarding port. In general, if you are speaking about a U.S. embarkation port the terminal normally opens around 9:30am. Once through security, which can be crowded, passengers are split into green lane for those with their medallions and blue lane for those without. Those without make a short detour to pick up their medallion. You then go to the embarkation area. For those waiting in that area priority boarders go first, then everyone else. Once boarding begins it goes quickly. Boarding usually begins somewhere between 10:30 and 11:00am. If you are boarding at some port other than a U.S. port the timing may be different.