New to X

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

They had a very nice selection in the Retreat Lounge on Millennium last month. 

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.21979de0706da785dc1c8be62d574411.JPG

I have always been happy with retreat/micheals lounges , if they don’t have what you want they will try to get it (within reason, doubt I could get Johnny Walker Blue)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, George C said:

I have always been happy with retreat/micheals lounges , if they don’t have what you want they will try to get it (within reason, doubt I could get Johnny Walker Blue)

I’m trying to recall if they have Macallan in the Retreat lounge.

15 hours ago, zitsky said:

On the Beyond last year I was not too impressed with he alcohol in he Retreat Lounge.   I thought the bars had better selection.

At least Beyond has a bar in the Retreat lounge!  Not so on Edge.  But I agree, the other bars are better.

OP the Constellation was our introduction to Celebrity back in 2015.  She was in need of a refurb back then but we didn't notice!  She is a great ship and I hope you will enjoy your cruise....and that drinks package!

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

They do have it but it’s not the 12 year old you will find in the states , we took macallan as one of our free bottles a couple of times when we were in high end suite . Label says Macallan Quest .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Single malt selection doesn’t look too inspiring. Celebrity used to have quite a good selection in Michael’s club. Maybe it is still available elsewhere?

10 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Single malt selection doesn’t look too inspiring. Celebrity used to have quite a good selection in Michael’s club. Maybe it is still available elsewhere?

Thank you.  That’s exactly my point.  The alcohol selection at the bars on board is much better than the Retreat Bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

They did have it at the Retreat Sundeck Bar on Ascent.  😋

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

I don’t see it on the photo. Also no peated. 

If you don’t see it , just ask for it ,have had it on several cruises, some bottles are kept in back . I do also like peated scotches.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, George C said:

If you don’t see it , just ask for it ,have had it on several cruises, some bottles are kept in back . I do also like peated scotches.

Yes used to be available but it is becoming harder and harder. No demand I suppose!

5 minutes ago, George C said:

If you don’t see it , just ask for it ,have had it on several cruises, some bottles are kept in back

After the third or forth day of our cruise the Zacapa 23, which can be seen in the photograph, was moved to the back. 

Also on the third to last day of our cruise, there were a number of ship's officers at the bar and all stock had been removed.  Talked with bartender and found out they were 'rearranging and modifying' the display for the next cruise.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks.  So can I point at any of those bottles and say “I’ll have that, please?”.

Yes, you can do that.  But I cannot guarantee you'll get what you ask for.  Who knows?  All I can say is that I got whatever I ordered, mainly neat, on the rocks, or a cocktail.  I only drank wine with meals. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, you can do that.  But I cannot guarantee you'll get what you ask for.  Who knows?  All I can say is that I got whatever I ordered, mainly neat, on the rocks, or a cocktail.  I only drank wine with meals. 

I would expect the drink selection to be at least as good in the Retreat Bar as in the Ensemble Lounge.  Maybe that’s expecting too much.

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I would expect the drink selection to be at least as good in the Retreat Bar as in the Ensemble Lounge.  Maybe that’s expecting too much.

I have always found everything I wanted, drink wise, in the Retreat Lounge.  There may be wines that are available at other bars.  I know the rare times I have ordered a drink with an alcohol they do not have in the Retreat Lounge they arrange to have it the next time I come in.  Has not happened often but did once or twice right after the restart.  

Then again, I am a simple person with simple taste when it comes to alcohol.