Utopia Train dining experience- did anyone book it?

I booked Utopia for next March. I am curious if anyone was able to book the train experience dining option- not sure exactly what it is called but  it is the dining experience to mimic a train ride- think  Olde West right now.   Thanks.

• Haha 1

Interested in it for our cruise in September but I have not seen any more information on booking even for the July sailings.

Hope someone posts soon.  Anxious to see the prices with dining plan and without.

• Like 1

We did a focus group on board another ship about this. We had to sign an NDA so I can’t/won’t say much about it. But unless they change it a lot, the general consensus was not favorable. I certainly wouldn’t pay for what they showed us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have a sail coming up in late August and although advertised this venue does not appear in the listed restaurants. 

Also, something that I noticed in looking at the deck plans—I don’t see the Cafe Promenade. Question this was the only venue basically open 24 hours. Where do the early risers get their morning joe. 

33 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I have a sail coming up in late August and although advertised this venue does not appear in the listed restaurants. 

Also, something that I noticed in looking at the deck plans—I don’t see the Cafe Promenade. Question this was the only venue basically open 24 hours. Where do the early risers get their morning joe. 

It's on the plans, Deck 5 between the pub and guest services.

27 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

It's on the plans, Deck 5 between the pub and guest services.

I must be going mad, but now I see the Royal Railway-Utopia Station and the Cafe Promenade in the listed restaurants on my app.😄

• Like 1

This sounds like “ how can we put in a high end restaurant on a ship with no ocean views”. Let’s pretend we’re on a train….Having had fine dining on an actual train I don’t think this appeals to us. 

One of the things we miss on the bigger ships is being able to see the water while dining in the speciality restaurants. 

I’ll look forward to reading your reviews though. 

• Like 2

There was a review on the RCCL Blog as some apparently were a test group at RCCL headquarters.  To me it sounds a lot like something you would book at Disneyworld but my daughter wants to try it.I will be curious as to pricing. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I like the concept but it feels very one and done, like wonderland and to a lesser degree the bionic bar.

But  with so many new cruisers that's lots of opportunity for one and done.

I was able to experience this. NDA signed as well. We mentioned it felt "one and done". The response was about possible changes. Maybe it's Wild West, how about Tea Time in Paris, a Below Sea experience, etc. I'd prefer it on a 7-night. Not sure I'd be interested on a 3 or 4-night when there's so many other things to do especially on a brand-new ship.

Edited by fla33023
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

I surmise in the Chops price range. 

I would expect higher than Chops because it is both dinner and a show.  I think the table turnover will be slower so they will have to charge more.  Maybe a good comparison would be La Petit Chef on Celebrity. It is around $60 for one of our sailings. I don’t know what capacity at the 2 venues is.

22 hours ago, EbayCruiser said:

I would think more in line with Izumi Hibachi $129 or more.

We'll see soon, I hope!

Izumi Hibachi is in the range of $57 to $65

Izumi Ozakase is a new offering.  Basically a Chef's Table type experience.  It is currently $129.

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

Izumi Hibachi is in the range of $57 to $65

Izumi Ozakase is a new offering.  Basically a Chef's Table type experience.  It is currently $129.

$129 was the one I was thinking about!