The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 10th, 2024

Posted (edited)

Today is Ball Point Pen Day, Be A Miracle In Someone's Life Day, and Iced Tea Day

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.--Groucho Marx

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Orzo with Asparagus and Peas
Drink of the Day - Georgia Tea
Wine of the Day - Krug Grande Cuvee 171st Edition #122003 MV (750ML)
Destination of the Day - Valletta, Malta

Today in History:
1963 US Equal Pay Act signed into law by President John F. Kennedy
1977 Apple Computer ships its first Apple II computers

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 12:30 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

Djupivogur, Iceland 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska eta 06-11

Oosterdam

Villefranche-sur-Mer, Nice, France Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Alesund, Norway 10:00 - 18:00

Volendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 09:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska eta 06-11

Zaandam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Zuiderdam

Oslo, Norway 07:00 - 15:00

Sorry, I'm unable to load images this morning, maybe a bit later

It's now a bit later --

0610Alaska.thumb.png.6aacd1c0c99d0c8868e54c42956a95a1.png

0610Atlantic.thumb.png.5f7632e1543310024310adf7840c1a73.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 23

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Seasick Sailor with an ankle wound/infection, on antibiotics

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with falls; leg wound and arm scraped

Lazey1 recovering from Covid

Flooding and storms across the US, with loss of life

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Seasick Sailor’s DH Allen with skin issues, abnormal lab work, weight loss

JazzyV’s BFF post surgery for a tib-fib fracture

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri and DH in Barbados

Rafinmd’s church member Paul with pneumonia, discharged to home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Lady Hudson (Symphony of the Seas June 14 to June 21) 7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise, with twin sister Karen

5 days for Himself (Eurodam June 15 to June 22) 7 Day Alaska Explorer

Mtn2Sea (Cunard QM2 to June 15) 6d WB TA Crossing, swin26 (Rotterdam to June 22) 14d North Cape & The Midnight Sun, Suslor (Rotterdam to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends, Cruzn single (Westerdam to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice and  StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 20
  • Thanks 22

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It’s a warm 81 with some showers in the area, a high of 89.

Good selection of days, I’ve always had a thing about pens, I tell DW all the time that you can never have enough pens. I have a bunch from all our cruises.

Funny quote from a funny guy.

I’ll try the meal.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  We are starting off this leg of our cruise in Oslo, Norway today.  It’s partly cloudy/partly sunny and the temp is around 60F.  High might be 64 but the sun will be far more prevalent later today when we leave port.  It took a long time for the ship to be released for some reason so the Captain said we could delay our all aboard time to 3 pm, 30 minutes later than originally scheduled.  For the first time ever for us we are docked nearer the Opera House and not next to Akershus Fortress.  We walked off the Zuiderdam a little after 9 a.m. and went across to see the Fortress first.  Then we walked back past the ship to the Opera House to walk on the roof again.  Who knows if I’ll ever be back to do that again?

Here is the update you’ve been waiting for.  We decided instead of waiting for The Relatives to find us onboard, that DH would call and invite them to meet us at Ocean Bar before dinner.  He gave their name to the Guest Services member who dialed their room for him.  We don’t know where they are lodging and they don’t know where we are either.  Mr. Relative answered and seemed shocked to hear who was on the other end of the line.  At first he seemed more concerned with his 5 p.m. ”on the dot” dinner reservation than the reunion but after reassurances we wouldn’t keep them too long, he agreed.  When they joined us there was a lot of talk about them getting to the cruise, the terminal at Ijmuiden, their surprise we had been on board a month already, etc.  As we were breaking up for our dinner Mr. Relative said something to the effect of “We haven’t always seen eye to eye on things but I’m glad we can get together like this for Ms. Relative’s sake”.  She is the actual blood relative and was now tearing up.  We both stated well the only reason we’re here with you now is for her.  He seemed to understand since he is the person who was extremely rude to DH several years back.  There’s a lot more to it that I won’t get into here.  But at least now we don’t have to scan a room every time we enter it or get a bite to eat in the Lido.  The ice has been broken.

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Fleet Report and Daily.  We understand about the maps. I like all today’s days of recognition.  Being a miracle in someone’s life sounds pretty important to me.  Make my iced tea peach flavored please.  Which brings to mind today’s drink, Georgia Tea.  I’ll wait to see if that included peaches.  Groucho’s quote today is a good one.  No thanks to the meal suggestion and I haven’t deciphered what the wine is so will see what Ann says about it.  Two outstanding days in history with equal pay and Apples computers coming about on this date.  Thanks ladies for your reports today – Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard!

Prayers for DB, Alex’s twin sons, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, our troops in the region, and our many Dailyites in need of them.  I pray for improvement in everyone’s situations regardless of what they are.  Thank you all for sharing with us and letting us support you.🙏

Congrats to all celebrating something or cruising. 🚢 Have a wonderful time doing it.  And thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping us all informed on what is happening with our Daily family.

The port today is Valletta, Malta, an excellent port of call.  This was our port of the day once before on July 20, 2022.  Here is the link, and photos will follow since we were lucky enough to visit there before.

Hoping you all have a great day today!  Stay safe and keep well.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Description
Introducing the refreshing "Georgia Tea" cocktail - a delightful fusion of Southern charm and invigorating spirits that transports you to the idyllic landscapes of the Peach State. This cocktail pays homage to the rich flavors of Georgia, combining sweet peaches with the classic appeal of iced tea. With its revitalizing taste and a hint of nostalgia, the Georgia Tea cocktail offers a sip of relaxation and warmth that's perfect for both leisurely afternoons and lively gatherings. Let this drink whisk you away to a sunlit porch, where the aroma of peaches mingles with the gentle rustle of magnolia leaves.
Ingredients:
1 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. peach schnapps
1 1/2 bourbon whiskey
3 oz. black tea
Directions:
Brew black tea and let it cool.
In a shaker with ice cubes pour in the bourbon whiskey, peach schnapps, freshly brewed black tea, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup.
Shake gently for about 10 seconds to combine the ingredients.
Fill a glass with ice cubes, strain the mixture into the glass, and garnish with a peach slice and a lemon wheel that adds a hint of citrus charm.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 6.34.07 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 18

In August 2017 we arrived in Malta late evening after a stop in Mgarr earlier in the day.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAjSue0FTlG4SiwRH7TDBE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943192

So after enjoying the night lights we got a good night's sleep so we could explore in the light of day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgiS2otPz9eB9TUrB9Gc8k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943219

Walked past all these nets and a fishing boat.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5AsyDbjNqKjbi2jikdDgT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVq9OepZ0xZWK9sY-S-8lE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943223

First we went to the Lower Barrakka Garden.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQh1tk7HPRQT9EE1mIIqZB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943312

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMSVntYtBF9leTIwi1A5_u?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943257

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFIXLfaKxQrJMq0rhPazgx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943274

Westerdam off in the distance00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJluR6Y6XpZ1U6UxyXOQV2y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943293

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0zS8gvtuMsOZAnXlmmDG3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943303

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGhnkVZoSZWIZzo1mu1RWY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943292

Next we passed by Fort St. Elmo and turned left towards the Old City.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpWw8r5E9n_C3YqyMPiRrk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943336

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTuchS-7mf0_6WX7D97x9T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943360

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJT9D-GAeQWuAz-VL2AKKwu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943379

The Maltese Cross window display in a jewelry store we passed by.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA64WkqafaNv_PnedFoRTI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943368

This cafe looked inviting to me00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIg0PYHNwgYnEUE_CctZZaG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943408

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHhF5V7iQ_bAFY1CaaAbkh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943402

This pedestrian walkway was all steps00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLy1xDmhuALELo2Y5MRs4Sl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943423

Wow!  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5eXfKnGUBpG3gTpmmZ8uT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943439

Rabbit is popular on menus in Malta.  Poor bunnies!🐇00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDzpIQ__epGrGJY2foGwo8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943439

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKs2CE2uBmBcy5b6_-HIyPW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943468

Church of our Lady of Victory

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLNiR8-ls0WJdZ5EtFOeaD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943471

We enjoyed seeing all the cafes, churches, public buildings, shops and cannons to take photos of DH in front of them.  He's way up on the steps.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIicLF6eNLmRXsCdluqiBUG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943505

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJucNyxJCFJOn5GsV1pef1X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943482

Then we stopped to see the Upper Barrakka Garden before heading back to the Westerdam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnmrCSZlBTJzcgD60UUA01?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943522

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3-rmeUxEIHYMxtdixx97p?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943538

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKK2ia4eIdGXSUFOgYWuy0P?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943530

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKquhMf9TqLnNdNGg1y6eQ6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943545

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7Moel5eGqSLv1RwNcclCC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943560

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnNxrSckeqt1zVaN1yD6H7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943561

It was time for a great lunch on an air conditioned ship, and I can assure you...rabbit was not on the menu!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Still jacket weather here, only 9°C (48°F) this morning.  It should get to 16°C (61°F) this afternoon. 

Three good days to observe.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink.  I hope the wine is good too.

I'm hoping to visit Valletta next year 🤞.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Monday.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good Monday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Was busy yesterday making up work due to travel so I missed posting. My conference starts this afternoon. Looking forward to it. This is the first time I am spending my birthday away from my family. I will have to figure out a way to celebrate. The drink of the day sounds like a good start. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 🎉

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Everybody hates mondays | Monday humor, Funny monday memes, Cat quotes ...

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good cool and sunny morning, it’s going to be a beautiful day, high of 75. The end of the week is supposed to be in the 90’s.

It’s a good day to be outdoors, so DB wants to go to Longwood gardens, roses are in bloom. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Hello...  Happy Day to You!!!

Thank you for the FR&D!!!  The days are perfect...  I use a Ball Point pen frequently -- I always try to be a miracle in someone's life...  and Iced Tea is my beverage right now!!!

The Meal and Drink and Wine sound wonderful!!   And I was just watching a movie that was in Malta!!    And thinking of Technology...  Look how far we've come in such a short time... 

With AI, computers can ship themselves!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for today’s daily report.  It’s a beautiful morning here, sunny and 58F here.  

Three nice days to recognize today.  I like to have a lot of ball point pens at my disposal as my writing mood doesn’t always stay the same.  Not sure I’ll be a miracle but a glass of iced tea might help.

I resemble today’s quote, we aren’t really TV watchers, I think my grandfather would be very proud of me.  He always referred to it as the idiot box and they would only watch the six o’clock news.

Think I will pass on the meal but would definitely try the drink.

Haven’t been to today’s port so thanks for the beautiful photos of it.

Prayers for those on the prayer list today, I hope things improve for them.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is pleasant and cool at 60 going up to the high seventies later. 
Many years ago I remember struggling to work the fountain pen and ink situation and successfully decorating my school uniform with ink. I am sure my mother was happy when ball point pens were “allowed”. There have been people in my life whom I felt were truly miraculous. I have not been to Malta and like the recipe . Interesting about the equal pay timing. I certainly did not see it in my working life except towards the end when more men joined the profession.

The young people had a great time at the parade and managed their subway journey without difficulty. We were happy to have them back in time for dinner so that we could hear all about their day. 
Enjoy the day everyone!

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone and thanks for the Daily and the maps Rich!  I always appreciate a good ball point pen, it is amazing how different the simple things can be from each other.  Let's all strive to be a miracle in someone's life.   A good quote from Groucho, I watch TV but I am always reading or playing Scrabble all the while.   Thank you for the gorgeous photos of Malta Sandi, that beautiful is on my bucket list to visit some time in the future.   I will pass on the Orzo and the Georgia Tea but I will take a case of Krug please at $250 + per bottle probably.   😅

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   Prayers for Tana, Chuck, Terrie and Jim and Jacqui.  Prayers for everyone else who are ailing or grieving.    Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the innocents in Gaza.

Finally a beautiful day here.  It was forecasted to be sunny here yesterday so I did the bedding and just as I got half of it hung it began to rain.  It got almost dry by the end of the very windy and chilly day yesterday.  It was 40 degrees when I woke this morning, you folks out west can share a little of your heat dome, please......    @StLouisCruisers great to be proactive to meet up with your relatives at the beginning of their voyage and I hope there may be some reconciliation coming.   Everyone have a wonderful Monday!  Nancy

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another glorious morning. Yesterday’s winds made yesterday’s heat quite comfortable. Hoping for the same today. The weather gurus are saying we might get between 2 & 3 inches by the end of this week. @summer slope Dixie, hope the predictions don’t come true for you. Some models show as much as 9 inches! Be safe. 

Vanessa, thank you for sleeping!😜 And keeping up with all of us! We are a busy group.

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, pool time. A bit of early morning gardening. That will keep me busy. 

IMG_2984.jpeg.314b2b1703a9f17ffb54e59c0ac61397.jpeg

IMG_2985.jpeg.8fcbd04010e87cb00836c2919e7b33d0.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg.70d0fd3f8d333bd0c79f40d1e313343e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!
@Denise T

Happy Birthday! I hope I have the date correct!

IMG_3005.jpeg.6428bec371ea4d9ecc76c7856257fb53.jpeg

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Krug Grande Cuvee 171st Edition #122003 MV (750ML)

Some days the info about the wine du jour overflows - this is one of those days. This champagne has lots of fans, is easy to find and is VERY pricey (for me). I would love a sip, though. Online prices start at $249.97.

Distributor’s notes

99 JS / 97 WE / 96 WS / 96 VP / 95 VM / 95 DE / 94+ WI / 94 WA / 94 JD
#48 James Suckling's Top 100 Wines of France 2023
#64 James Suckling's Top 100 Wines of 2023
Vinepair Best Champagnes of 2023

The tightness and tension of this is impressive considering the youngest wine from this is 2015 (hot and dry year), with some wines going back to 2000. Ginger and orange zest. Some creme brulee. It's medium-bodied with apple, pie crust and floral character. It's salty and zesty yet, at the same time, complex and gorgeous. Chamomile and other floral teas highlight everything. Turns rich and flavorful at the finish. Terrific release. Really takes off at the end. Drink or hold.--James Suckling

Deliciously balanced, this Champagne is impressive. The iconic wine is in its 171st blend, meaning it combines vintages for the best result for each bottling, not a specific vintage. The 171st essence is dry, while also having fine textured fruit. This is a magnificent wine and worth aging for another year. - Roger Voss, Wine Enthusiast

TA vivid Champagne, with chiseled acidity and a fine, vivacious mousse creating a buoyant frame for layered flavors of crushed black raspberry, grilled nuts, pink grapefruit sorbet and coffee liqueur, plus fragrant accents of ground ginger and anise, graphite and lime blossoms. Long and expressive on the finish, crackling with a lingering fleur de sel note. Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Meunier. Disgorged winter 2021. Drink now through 2033.-Alison Napjus, Wine Spectator

Every year they make the best wine they can based on the harvest. And every year a different proportion of their reserve wine joins the cuvée as it harmonizes with that year’s vinification. They call these editions. This bottle is the 171st edition — and it's spectacular. It's a wine with personality far beyond what's typical in the region. It is rich and complex with layers of textures and aromas. The full, bready nose is contrasted with hints of red berries and tart white cherries. The mouthfeel has elegance, finesse, and depth. The easy perlage takes a back seat to the creamy texture and rounded fruit notes. - Vinepair

The NV Grande Cuvée 171ème Édition, (2015 base vintage) is bright and focused in the glass, showing notable tension and tons of class. Citrus peel, white flowers, mint and white pepper all lend remarkable brightness to a Grande Cuvée that is built more on linear cut rather than volume. Krug is always among the first houses to pick. The 171 clearly shows that style. The blend is 45% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay and 18% Meunier, vintages 2015 through 2000. Disgorged: Winter 2021-2022. Krug ID: 122003 - Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media

Krug’s Grand Cuvee 171ème Edition is a 45% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay and 18% Pinot Meunier barrel fermented assemblage of 131 wines from 12 years. The youngest and predominant base wine was from 2015, and the oldest reserve wines from 2000. This 171eme Edition reveals an aromatically complex nose of warm citrus, poached Anjou pear, dried apricots, lemon balm and toast. Medium to full-bodied, the palate balances a beautifully energetic acid frame alongside rich flavors of Meyer lemon, apple crumble and honeycomb with a kiss of vanilla before finishing long, generous and refreshing. According to the Krug iD122014 the bottle tasted was disgorged in the spring of 2020 and released a year later in 2021. - Sarah Mayo, Wine Independent

he NV Grande Cuvée 171ème Edition is a delightful blend of 45% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay and 18% Pinot Meunier and boasts an attractive and captivating aroma of dried fruits, pastry, lemon oil, marzipan, spring flowers and ginger, with hints of almond and vanilla notes that become more pronounced over time. This medium to full-bodied wine is precise and well-structured, with a fleshy core of fruit and a sapid, incisive finish. Crafted around the 2015 vintage, the blend comprises 131 reserve wines from as far back as 2000 (42% of the total blend) and is expected to age beautifully over the next decade.-Yohan Castaing, Wine Advocate

Two years on from its disgorgement, this 2015-based edition has settled beautifully, showing all the sunniness of the base year with its mandarin and apricot plushness, surprisingly smooth and silky up front before settling into its broad, inviting range of praline, cappuccino and bitter almond aromatics and subtle fruit skin chewiness. It's a punchy, fulsome edition thanks to the base year's intensity, but it has been beautifully tamed into a characteristically suave and multilayered Grande Cuvée. A blend of 131 wines, with reserves back to the year 2000. - Tom Hewson, Decanter

Spanning from 1998 through the 2015 vintage, the NV Champagne Grande Cuvée 171 is lush with a kaleidoscope of aromas including orange marmalade, toasted brioche, almond, and ripe peaches. Full-bodied and rounded, it has a hint of warmth on the finish, but it’s highly attractive, balanced, and long, with outstanding depth and richness. This fantastic expression of the Grand Cuvée is gorgeous right out of the gate and will be a great addition for collectors to enjoy over the coming two decades. Drink 2023-2043. - Jeb Dunnuck

Very lively, crisp nose. Tense and surprisingly vibrant for such a hot growing season – positively explosive in terms of its impact on the nose and palate. Lots of acidity and impressively long. A very good Krug, Grande Cuvée. - Jancis Robinson

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 5

Thank you for the great quote and all the updates.  Prayers for everyone who needs them.

StLouiscruisers I have a question on your Malta pictures.  First they are amazing and made me more excited for my stop there in December on the Volendam.  Was this a walking tour on your own or did you do a tour?

It is a beautiful sunny morning in Central PA.   Enjoy your day and stay safe.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites. 

So far it is a calm morning. Hummingbirds humming and cardinals are eating their breakfast at the feeders.

Last night we had 2 couples with 3 grandkids. They are very energetic and wanted to pet/hold Oliver. Oliver tolerated it for 3 seconds.

We were in Malta on the Norwegian Gem somewhere around 2006. I love  history about Knights of the Templar and Knights of Malta. Enjoyed as many museums and cathedrals we could get to and made it back to the ship just in time.

@Denise T a very happy birthday to you.

Thank you for your prayers. @JazzyV Vanessa I am on the mend, so please remove me from the cares list.

Praying for our Daily friends and family and our soldiers and those who are homeless,  helpless and in need of medical help and food. War is hell.

Blessings to you on this beautiful Monday. Be kind. Xx

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

True to form, I was awake half the night.  I don't know why, but Sunday nights are miserable.  I can't get to sleep and end up tossing and turning all night long.  I think it is a holdover from when I was working and dreading going back on Monday mornings.  It was well after 2 when I finally got to sleep.  That is going to make today a long day.  I won't nap because that will make it hard to sleep tonight.  Nothing is on the agenda other than the gym this morning, so it should be easy in that respect.  

@Denise T

HappyBirthday2.jpg.b633131b254959c12497a39ae1077c25.jpg

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, that was a good move to meet with the Relatives.  It sounds like Mr. Relative wanted to clear the air.  Hopefully, this reduces the tension and all four of you can enjoy the cruise.  

I'd give a pass to today's meal and probably go with Roy's alternative.  I don't eat pasta as a rule due to the carbs.  Pasta is an easily digested carb that sends my blood glucose into the stratosphere.  Best to avoid it.  This particular dish is missing the protein I want.  But, for those who prefer meatless meals, it just might fit the bill!  Feel free to substitute vegetables.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/creamy-orzo-with-asparagus-and-peas/

orzoasparagusandpeas1.thumb.jpg.9e36e59271b12497deeb605e05c00de2.jpg

Slightly different preparation in this recipe.  There is also a nice list of substitutions and additions that you can make.   https://skinnyspatula.com/orzo-asparagus-peas/

orzoasparagusandpeas2.thumb.jpg.fb90515b6a34cd3fd8b89122db26120b.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 17

11 minutes ago, shippmates said:

Thank you for the great quote and all the updates.  Prayers for everyone who needs them.

StLouiscruisers I have a question on your Malta pictures.  First they are amazing and made me more excited for my stop there in December on the Volendam.  Was this a walking tour on your own or did you do a tour?

It is a beautiful sunny morning in Central PA.   Enjoy your day and stay safe.

We did this walk on our own.  Back then the ships handed out port maps with information on there that helped you to decide what you would be interested in. You could plan your route hitting the highlights quite easily provided distances weren’t too far apart. Now you have to plan ahead of time and print off a map or hope they hand some out on shore. It’s one of my gripes we no longer get the port guides and I intend to keep complaining about it in my surveys!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2