Checking-In - Picture

cellfree

Yes - you can change it in the app.

On the main page scroll up where it says "tips for a smoother..."

Click on "Complete the check-in"

You'll see everyone on your booking and click on "Review and Edit".

Click the pencil at Security picture...and away you....

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Yes - you can change it in the app.

On the main page scroll up where it says "tips for a smoother..."

Click on "Complete the check-in"

You'll see everyone on your booking and click on "Review and Edit".

Click the pencil at Security picture...and away you....

Worked, Ty. 

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

They are going to retake it at the port anyway.

For some reason they retook my wife's but not mine.  Probably afraid I would break the camera. 

• Haha 1

Don’t know if it’s completely true, but any agent said they are instructed to only take new photos if the one already there doesn’t meet spec. Something about reducing the amount of data that goes over the Wi-Fi and connection to the ship’s computer. Personally, they took a new one for my wife when she asked. Not a problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Don’t know if it’s completely true, but any agent said they are instructed to only take new photos if the one already there doesn’t meet spec. Something about reducing the amount of data that goes over the Wi-Fi and connection to the ship’s computer. Personally, they took a new one for my wife when she asked. Not a problem.

in my experience, if your photo is "as per their rules" then it's just printed and off you go.

In fact, the last time we sailed MSC, they had our card already printed when we went to check in.

On 6/13/2024 at 11:34 PM, amurray88 said:

in my experience, if your photo is "as per their rules" then it's just printed and off you go.

In fact, the last time we sailed MSC, they had our card already printed when we went to check in.

Our card was given to us when we checked in on our last sailing, too. We still had a new photo at the port though. 

I've uploaded one for our sailing next week, we'll see on Monday if we have another photo at port. 

It doesn't appear to matter if I upload or have it taken at check in, I still always look like someone 'wanted' on Crimewatch 😂

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Our card was given to us when we checked in on our last sailing, too. We still had a new photo at the port though. 

I've uploaded one for our sailing next week, we'll see on Monday if we have another photo at port. 

It doesn't appear to matter if I upload or have it taken at check in, I still always look like someone 'wanted' on Crimewatch 😂

Everyone else's picture walking off the boat looks like they've had a modelling agency take the picture, I look like the local police station have taken mine.

I know the feeling..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/13/2024 at 1:58 PM, kelleherdl said:

they are instructed to only take new photos if the one already there doesn’t meet spec

I upload the image of my spouse so they have to take a better one at the port. What you upload during check in can be anyone and they have no way of knowing. I always figured that was why they used to always take a new one at the port.

This is something that perplexes me. For many cruises across multiple lines, I've uploaded my (recent) passport photo. A passport photo is the gold standard for security photos and is used for facial recognition. Nevertheless, the port agent has always insisted on taking a new one, sometimes saying "You can't take a picture of a picture". No, I didn't do that at all. The photo snapped at the terminal always was a little blurry with a background of a crowd of people, yet that was OK.

When I posted about this on CC, someone that said they were a port agent said she could "tell I was trying to get away with a passport photo". Get away with what? It's my image and is perfection for the purpose of visually identifying someone.

So my most recent cruise a couple weeks ago I (unintentionally) took a selfie in a bad light with a harsh shadow. I wasn't looking straight at the camera but rather down and to the right. My chin was slightly out of frame. I uploaded it and it was accepted with no reshoot necessary.

There's probably a reasonable explanation here. Possibly the metadata of the image must be the same day as the upload or something like that.