Booking Dining venues - Please refresh my memory

Posted (edited)

We two just booked the Getaway, departing NOLA March 2025. We are Latitude level Platinum, booked in an M6 cabin.

Can someone refresh my memory of when we can book Specialty and non-specialty dining? NCL.com indicates it's "too early". I recall it might be 125 days prior to sailing, but I wanted confirmation. March 2025 is a long way off, but if I don't write this down now I will forget to ask later!😳

Also, I recall the last time we sailed NCL I had to use the app, not NCL.com to book reservations? Can someone confirm that. PS - I dislike using apps and would rather do all this on my trusty desktop PC.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

23 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Website works just fine for booking restaurants. I never use the app for anything.

Thanks guys (gals?) appreciate it! We cruise on several cruise lines, I think it might have been Celebrity? HAL? where I was forced to do so much with the app.

Doug

I am with schmoopie, I hate apps because developers try to make them too “user friendly” and you can’t really see everything you need to “get the job done”. The apps show you what they think you want to see… which is never what I want. Give me a good ‘ole desktop interface.  

• Like 1

here is a stupid question, but I must ask. I am new to NCL (carnival , RCCL only). Friends of ours are going with us next summer. this is their like 8th NCL cruise.  if we want to dine with them (2 speciality restaurants ),  will there reservations open before mine? I know we can't put in our travel docs until 21 days before (odd) but this dinning and entertainment thing is confusing.  I do appreciate all the help on CC.

9 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

Friends of ours are going with us next summer. this is their like 8th NCL cruise.  if we want to dine with them (2 speciality restaurants ),  will there reservations open before mine? 

It depends on what "lattitude" (sort of like points - the longer the cruise, the more points plus extra points for various things) they are.  Assuming you are in "regular" cabins (not haven, etc) It is possible that they will have enough "points" to reserve dining earlier.  That starts with Platinum (75 points).  If they are platinum, they can reserve for 4 people for the specialty dining restaurants.  It would work best if one of the couples books dining for all 4 of you together.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

here is a stupid question, but I must ask. I am new to NCL (carnival , RCCL only). Friends of ours are going with us next summer. this is their like 8th NCL cruise.  if we want to dine with them (2 speciality restaurants ),  will there reservations open before mine? I know we can't put in our travel docs until 21 days before (odd) but this dinning and entertainment thing is confusing.  I do appreciate all the help on CC.

If they’re platinum or above their reservation window opens at 125 days. If they are in the Haven it opens at 130 days. 

Yours will open at 120 days.

They can make reservations for four and you don’t have to worry about anything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I am with schmoopie, I hate apps because developers try to make them too “user friendly” and you can’t really see everything you need to “get the job done”. The apps show you what they think you want to see… which is never what I want. Give me a good ‘ole desktop interface.  

I hate it when people try to help me.