Dining reservations

negn

31 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

It is a good idea for us to try to compile the info regarding MDRs. ' I can add that on Crown Botticelli seems to be Reserved Dining and Michelango Traditional. On Diamond Savoy is Reserved.

I need to memorize the new Princess terms to describe each dining option. ☺️ 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Wolf1314 said:

Anyone had luck to be able to book traditional dining for a big group?

My TA was able to get a group of 28 booked.  As an individual seems the largest tables are 8.  If reservations are "correctly" linked- good luck - you should (maybe) be able to book a table for 8.

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I need to memorize the new Princess terms to describe each dining option. ☺️ 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime

Don't forget Reserve Collection.

Or did they change that too? (Haven't been following)

40 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

My TA was able to get a group of 28 booked.  As an individual seems the largest tables are 8.  If reservations are "correctly" linked- good luck - you should (maybe) be able to book a table for 8.

We had 2 tables of 10 over the Holidays

54 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Thank you, I will email to my agent to arrange it.

1 hour ago, AZaTaz said:

Just as a side note even if you get the error on the last step does not mean it did not book. I did this earlier today and just keep rebooking when I got error. I just checked and I have multiple reservations on several days. I have tried canceling the extra and get the error message about every other one. I will try again tomorrow to cancel all the extras. 

I had the same thing and had to delete the extra reservations day by day with tons of error messages. It took a long time. Good thing I’m retired and have free time.

My question is, has anyone had any luck booking traditional dining at 7:30 with a shared table? I can only book a private table. Isn’t that the whole idea of traditional dining. You have the same tablemates you can get to know for the whole cruise.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Anyone have luck on Ruby? We can only get traditional dining in Michelangelo. Botticelli and da Vinci have no available times. 

That is the case with Crown too, but only for the later of the two voyages we have on it - sister ships?

Edited by lorri111
  • Like 1

I went through one by one 15 day cruise and cancelled the 2 extra reservations for each day.

Sky- my journeys show only the first 7 days. Somewhere I can pull up the full 15 days and everything is correct, except the Catch by Rudd reservation does not show so that really was an error- message.

3 cruises left 

Edited by dog

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Same here for our cruise. Only traditional dining, and only a shared table. 

I’m having the same problem with my Discovery Princess cruise.  Only Traditional dining on offer in Juneau Dining room. 5 pm & 7.30 pm. 

Edited by Wanderers2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Maybe I don’t understand this correctly. Has anyone been able to book main dining times other than traditional??  

Yes (on Sky) however there are no options for Traditional Dining, 2 MDRs have slots every 20 minutes and the third isnt there at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

I’m having the same problem with my Discovery Princess cruise.  Only Traditional dining on offer in Juneau Dining room. 5 pm & 7.30 pm. 

Interesting,  for my Feb 2026 Discovery cruise it shows Juneau Dining Room as reservable in 20min intervals with no info on the other two.

8 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Finally got my 14 day on the Sapphire in February 2025.

It was painful and as a retired IT developer, I just started guessing what the developers did and didn't do.

So I have some tips:

1) Try and figure out which dining room on your ship has the type of dining you are looking for. I wanted to make nightly reservations. For the Sapphire, I finally figured out the dining rooms (that I am aware of) for this are Savoy and Vilvadi. (Sapphire has 5 dining rooms.) Maybe ask on this thread if someone has been successful for your ship if you can't figure it out?

2) In the case of the Sapphire, sometimes I just couldn't get a reservation to 'take'. Then I switched to the other dining room.

3) When it presents you with the box, "Select Seating Type", if Private is greyed out and won't take your click....I finally figured out that this means even though they showed you the time to pick, there really isn't that time available for a Private table. Try another time. (It would have been more logical to put the seating type before the times....but...y'now...

4) For many of my reservations, I got both a "You're All Set! Your reservation has been done!" box AND an "Error-Internal Server" box. In those cases, I did indeed get the reservation made.

It does seem that the server is being maxed out, so if you don't have specific times you want, you might want to wait a few days and hopefully 'some' of these issues might get better. Though it still seems 'wonkier' than it needs to be.

🧐

3) I'm having the opposite issue. I was hoping to book late traditional dining on a shared table, but seems I can only do late slot on a private table (not what I want as a solo).

7 hours ago, coopco said:

I had the same thing and had to delete the extra reservations day by day with tons of error messages. It took a long time. Good thing I’m retired and have free time.

My question is, has anyone had any luck booking traditional dining at 7:30 with a shared table? I can only book a private table. Isn’t that the whole idea of traditional dining. You have the same tablemates you can get to know for the whole cruise.

I'm having the same issue.

1 hour ago, boeckli said:

Interesting,  for my Feb 2026 Discovery cruise it shows Juneau Dining Room as reservable in 20min intervals with no info on the other two.

It’s very strange. My November 2025 shows Juneau as fixed dining with 2 sittings & my February 2026 on Discovery shows Reservable dining in Juneau 🤔

Also nothing on the other 2 dining rooms.