Live from Liberty; part I of b2b

Just now, Science52 said:

image.thumb.png.614e7d7c9263923de4ffbc6040dcfa6e.png

We are celebrating my retirement from teaching, my husband being cured of cancer for the third time, and being married 50 years in August.

• Like 13

So I do have a little bit of a complaint.   Not going to ruin our trip of course, and they're clearly trying to make it "right" (meaning make us not sad/frustrated).

Turns out for there to be a b2b lunch they need 50 people.   We were told in place of lunch, they'll have champagne for us in Govannis.   OK we don't drink but we were planning on taking advantage of it and using the quiet space to eat our Windjammer food.

Five seconds after we hot there with our good, people started flooding in to sit because Windjammer was overflowing.  Literally overflowing with a line stretching back to the elevators (both banks).

Our thing is...we were not irate (not worth brung irate) but disappointed.  Being on a cruise at all, we are happy....just wanted that little something special.   Yes it was AWESOME being back on the ship an hour before everyone else boarded. But just a bummer. 

• Like 3

On 6/18/2024 at 2:24 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

We were just on the Liberty last week and I can't picture the Windjammer having anything resembling "doorways".  There is an entranceway with "washy washy" but once you get past that it's open and there are multiple seating areas and buffet stations just like every other Royal class.   I do agree that the very first seating area with the bar is a bit odd.  I think that's still a carryover from when it used to be an area dedicated to sushi and Asian cuisine, called something "Jade" I think. 

Not able to upload photos atm but I will soon. 

The rest will need to wait til we get home since I don't have internet for the whole trip. 

On 6/19/2024 at 10:56 AM, marci22 said:

I think it's partly a communication thing. They want to understand you correctly. I also asked for an extra 'set' of towels and they wanted to exactly how many of each type, and if I wanted this every day. It seemed like I had to overexplain it.

Agree communication.  I asked for extra hand towels on my list cruise and every day had extra wash clothes instead.  It was only a short 4 night, so I didn’t worry about it. My next is 13 nights, and I will get hand towels this time somehow.  🙃

On 6/20/2024 at 8:08 AM, Science52 said:

We are celebrating my retirement from teaching, my husband being cured of cancer for the third time, and being married 50 years in August.

Congratulations times 3.  You have a lot to celebrate!

P.S.  Love Liberty, sailed on her 5 times probably out of Galveston.  

Edited by Cherful59

On 6/20/2024 at 12:38 PM, sadiwest said:

So I do have a little bit of a complaint.   Not going to ruin our trip of course, and they're clearly trying to make it "right" (meaning make us not sad/frustrated).

Turns out for there to be a b2b lunch they need 50 people.   We were told in place of lunch, they'll have champagne for us in Govannis.   OK we don't drink but we were planning on taking advantage of it and using the quiet space to eat our Windjammer food.

Five seconds after we hot there with our good, people started flooding in to sit because Windjammer was overflowing.  Literally overflowing with a line stretching back to the elevators (both banks).

Our thing is...we were not irate (not worth brung irate) but disappointed.  Being on a cruise at all, we are happy....just wanted that little something special.   Yes it was AWESOME being back on the ship an hour before everyone else boarded. But just a bummer. 

For what it’s worth, I have never been on a B2B where they provided lunch. At least you had an hour alone on the ship. The last B2B I did on Wonder they walked us out to the terminal, we waited there for maybe 10 minutes, and then we reboarded the ship literally 30 seconds before they started general boarding of the ship (suites, Key, etc.). 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

For what it’s worth, I have never been on a B2B where they provided lunch. At least you had an hour alone on the ship. The last B2B I did on Wonder they walked us out to the terminal, we waited there for maybe 10 minutes, and then we reboarded the ship literally 30 seconds before they started general boarding of the ship (suites, Key, etc.). 

It was definitely not a bad situation.   We were back on board and in the pool ourselves pretty quickly.  It was nice.

The bummer was hearing about how it is for others but experiencing something else.  

29 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

Does anyone recall having laser tag in Studion B? All the Freedom class and navigator class usually have it, but I don't see it listed on past Cruise compass' for Liberty.

There  was no Laser Tag on our 4 night when we were on Liberty early June.

3 hours ago, HxFx said:

Did they have the "In the Air" show? I didn't see it on the last few Cruise Compasses that were posted online. Thanks!

Did not see anything like this listed.  Between the two cruises we tried to see it all. 

This is what I'd consider a doorway in Windjammer. Especially since they do have it closed at times.

20240620_195858.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow is the last full day. Overall we have had a great cruise.  Nothing that RCCL can control was so terrible.  

We did get an invite to take a galley tout, before which we were served mimosas and canapés.   I that the people who received this invite had, at some point, complained or commented on their dining experience (deduced from speaking to a few invitees).

Mine wasn't so much a complaint as a suggestion.   I'd ordered the Power Wrap for breakfast a few times. Each time there was an ingredient in it that was not listed on the menu.  If it were a mistake I'd assume it would have been a one time occurrence.  

Wilson, the head waiter, had brought the head chef out to our table to discuss.   That was awkward as I don't he thought it was an issue.

My point was...for me it's a matter of not liking the ingredient. For others it could be an allergy issue. The menu should match the product. 

The crew has been exceptionally helpful and friendly.   The ship is not new but the wear and tear seems minimal.  We see people cleaning all the time....I do often see stains on the tablecloths and dining room chairs...   

What else can I share...?  Any other questions? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Correct.  There is a bar but no restaurant like Oasis or Quantum class.

Not only is there no food but this area is much smaller than was "needed" for the demand.  We always found a seat but in the shade (which I liked but dh didn't), and the pool I think is max occupancy of 21 people? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

Does anyone recall having laser tag in Studion B? All the Freedom class and navigator class usually have it, but I don't see it listed on past Cruise compass' for Liberty.

Not on our 5 night to Bermuda this month, but it's probably because the Liberty has not been AMPED like the Freedom and Navigator.  Still had an amazing cruise.

10 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Not only is there no food but this area is much smaller than was "needed" for the demand.  We always found a seat but in the shade (which I liked but dh didn't), and the pool I think is max occupancy of 21 people? 

This is one of my very,  very few complaints about the Voyager and Freedom class ships.  The "Solarium" doesn't really feel like an exclusive adult area.  It seems like just another pool on the pool deck.  The Oasis and Quantum classes "rule" as far as solariums go.