Merged - TA Pop Ups

44 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Maybe an angry email to the advertiser letting them know how their entirely untargeted spam is infuriating and enough to put us off ever using their agency might help? 

Then you could risk the ClickBait follow ups .... I wouldn't touch the add for fear of that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, uktog said:

I have a pop up blocker on my browser but it makes absolutely no difference.  It is a very fierce blocker set up by a work client who is security paranoid

Not the same thing. 

9 minutes ago, broberts said:

Not the same thing. 

I have just checked with work and they are investigating as the pop up blocker should be removing it

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

I have just checked with work and they are investigating as the pop up blocker should be removing it

It's a constant battle. 🙂

• Administrators

Hi all,

We've taken care of this issue; give it a moment to subside.  Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

8 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Thanks for the help. Are we allowed to know any details 🙂

@MBP&O2/O Just a friendly FYI,

Please remember the following portions from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..."

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback to LauraS, Senior Manager Community at community@cruisecritic.com.  Also, please send the email from your current Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your current Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Hope this will be helpful! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Sorry if my question was deemed inappropriate, it was not intended as a criticism ...

However .... they have started again. Same people, same problem. 

10 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Sorry if my question was deemed inappropriate, it was not intended as a criticism ...

However .... they have started again. Same people, same problem. 

@MBP&O2/O

Thank you for your new thread.

Yes, your question on the closed thread was not a criticism. However, your question was regarding board management and could only be answered by board management aka Administrators. That is why the thread was closed and I posted the friendly FYI to you. Now your new thread has been merged into the old thread.

Please remember most of the non-paid volunteer Hosts work the boards from home when their real life permits. Hosts have no contact with the IT department that manages and maintains the technology systems and services.

From the Guidelines:

"Our Community Hosts oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to move and delete posts & threads, and perform other simple actions."

Most paid Administrators that do have contact with IT and have other abilities such as issuing Guidelines Reminderswork regular weekday business hours and have vacation/sick time as well as USA National Holidays since the office is in New Jersey. 

Again, from the Guidelines:

"The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community HostsYou may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com"

Please contact LauraS, Senior Manager Community, at community@cruisecritic.com as I told you before in the friendly FYI.