The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 18th, 2024

8 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Love the Beatnik cocktail. After several drinks I begin to lose it, you know, man. RedneckBob loses all sense of reality, you know man. He may not be the brightest light bulb on earth but he can sure tell a joke, you know man. It’s a transcendental issue, I think! 😳😳

We dig you daddy-o!

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terri please don’t wait until tomorrow 

I have found that things can quickly change and it is better to be assessed 

Take a taxi/uber

Terry,

Thank you for your concern.  I did not go.  My pulse ox is okay and I do not have a fever.

My basic problem is terrible fatigue.  I took a nap and will go to bed early.

The reason I did not go is because of DH.  He would have been very upset.  I did nto want to take him with me and did not want to leave him alone.  

The nap helped a bit.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I will decide what to do.

Also tomorrow I can go to a better place than the ER.

I appreciate your concern.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Good evening.  It was a long day, and I've finally caught up with The Daily.  We also got some sad news today.  Our neighbors in Quartzsite who we've known for 24 years are selling their property.  He developed some serious health issues this winter.  They need to be closer to good medical ccare than what is availableinQ.  They are the last of the neighbors who were there when we bought our lot.

14 hours ago, 0106 said:

Good Morning! You may ask yourself, I would like to eliminate hate speech but how do I counter it? I used these techniques, suggested by the United Nations, in my classroom.  You must take action to counter hate speech if you wish to eliminate it.IMG_0574.jpeg.cb72a87c936c997d235bb37151570ee0.jpeg

Lemony Snicket (pen name for Daniel Handler) wrote the series “Unfortunate Events”.  These books are extremely popular with children from ages 8-12.  The series was made into a movie and a Netflix show. Without going into a long explanation of the plot, someone burnt the main characters’ house down along with the books inside of it.  I believe the quote spoken by Drew is about the value of books and reading…only wicked people would destroy books/reading. Think Fahrenheit 451.

A special thank you to @tupper10 and @Quartzsite Cruiser for answering my questions about the timing of my domestic connection in the Delta terminal at JFK after an international flight.  One final question, after I go through customs, will I have to go through TSA check again or does everything take place with the secured area?

@kochleffel thank you for the information about transportation from the port to the city center in Copenhagen.  Has any used the “harbor bus” there?  It is an electric ferry that is part of the mass transit system.

Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those with something to celebrate.

Tina, in 2016 I think we did go through TSA screening after leaving customs and rechecking out bags.

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

HBD Clark Kent. Every day should be counter hate speech. I don't eat sushi (fish), although I know there are some vegetable dishes. I like the quote. The meal is good for a fall day. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Mindelo. A good day for Amelia.

It's currently 93F with a feels like of 99. After the bad storms yesterday, I was lucky to only have power out for over an hour. Some folks still don't have it, and a senior high rise was evacuated and residents taken to a makeshift center with AC. In other areas, police are knocking on doors to see if people need help and cooling centers were opened. I do have a fan that can run without electricity, having a lithium rechargeable battery, just in case. I'm just back from PT and some grocery shopping for BFF. It's humbling to see how quickly you lose conditioning. I had to do a 6 minute walk. I only made 5 minutes and then had to sit. So I need to put in the effort to improve.

@marshhawk Congrats on the nice comment from your boss. 

@StLouisCruisers It's good you've been in that area before; I'm sure it's very disappointing for those first time visitors. How are you feeling today? Nice photos from Mindelo.

@Mr. Boston I hope your dental visit isn't too costly.

@dfish I'm glad your AC repair wasn't an expensive fix. 

@smitty34877 I grew up without AC too, but living at the ocean there was always a nice breeze. Finally some friends of my DM's gave her a window AC when they got whole house AC.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for sharing your Mindelo photos.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling any better yet. Just rest as much as you can.

@Seasick Sailor I hope you liked the dog sitter. Best wishes to DH for a simple procedure tomorrow.

@RMLincoln I'm sorry to hear about DH's itchy eye, and hope it spontaneously resolves. Sorry to hear of your friends with Covid. So many seem to think it's over, or like a cold, but to many with health issues it can be more serious.

@Overhead Fred Another lovely peony. Great color!

@luvteaching Congrats to DS on his success in going back to school.

@Cruising-along I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better today (and sorry for the typo in the Cares List). That long sleep sounds restorative! 

@kochleffel It is a bad week for no cold foods or beverages, although I'm drinking a large mug of hot coffee right now.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating. Stay cool!

Oh oh, thunder; let's not hope for a repeat of yesterday.

Vanessa, I hope you didn't lost power.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just received a news alert. Willie Mays has passed away at the age of 93. RIP

Thanks for the information about Willie Mays, one of the greats. RIP

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

It is 54°F and partly sunny at 06.49am in North East England.

We went out and had these nice desserts yesterday.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone's health.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

Poor internet today so I might be late posting.

IMG_20240618_193042.jpg

IMG_20240619_075245.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 54°F and partly sunny at 06.49am in North East England.

We went out and had these nice desserts yesterday.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone's health.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

Poor internet today so I might be late posting.

IMG_20240618_193042.jpg

IMG_20240619_075245.jpg

Beautiful 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to Mendillo twice, but not on a BHB.  In 2000, it was our next to last stop on the P&O world cruise on Oriana.  We rented a car and drove around the island, which is pretty dry and treeless, for the most part.  After three months of ports in the British Commonwealth, where DH drove on the wrong side of the road, I had to keep reminding him to get back on the proper side of the road.  Fortunately, there was not much traffic. We suspected the car we rented was the man's personal car.

The second visit was in 2009 on the Tahitian Princes.  That time we just walked around town.

Couple of markets.  As you can see, the fish market was not the cleanest, and there were a lot of flies, no ice and very, very fishy smelling.

IMG_7366.thumb.JPG.5c6e27f9972361204a4e12a7bdea2c27.JPG

IMG_7372.thumb.JPG.83284bcd3652a72d55a1f219775ec64e.JPG

IMG_7377.thumb.JPG.b08dbb3486b41308a53218b3af287f8c.JPG

A mix of street scenes from our two visits.

IMG_7368.thumb.JPG.7729f9105f2639acc96b6871c56acdd3.JPG

P3300745.thumb.JPG.85dfa2ab6b6d6ddfd50ddf0f318b155e.JPG

P3300744.thumb.JPG.7caa49af8d10819864b3a363f46447a8.JPG

P3300779.thumb.JPG.78132c3bc33c008c836f242a911528dd.JPG

A few pictures from around the island.

P3300756.thumb.JPG.bc510deca04435e106c65057949604d1.JPG

P3300758.thumb.JPG.bfc01074f89f228f44fde8bacc2c2426.JPG

P3300759.thumb.JPG.7b61bb3bb2d172c56e64f5eeb73cddab.JPG

P3300751.thumb.JPG.1725ebbd62ecafb4578b393add8ee189.JPG

One of the locals

P3300768.thumb.JPG.d7b2b5633281d40b7299e9349b4fca8b.JPG

The airport

P3300771.thumb.JPG.ef76376ecef55b79369ce104f6cc654e.JPG

Lenda

Thank you for your nice photos Lenda.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terry,

Thank you for your concern.  I did not go.  My pulse ox is okay and I do not have a fever.

My basic problem is terrible fatigue.  I took a nap and will go to bed early.

The reason I did not go is because of DH.  He would have been very upset.  I did nto want to take him with me and did not want to leave him alone.  

The nap helped a bit.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I will decide what to do.

Also tomorrow I can go to a better place than the ER.

I appreciate your concern.

Terri

Hi Terri.

When we had the virus nearly 5 weeks ago I felt drowsy and slept a lot for days.

One day I woke up at 8pm and thought it was 8am the next day and took the next days heart medication.

Wishing you all of the best my daily friend 

• Like 4