2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I hope to see @graphicguy and @mking8288 added to the spreadsheet.

Hey, I managed to edit/add to the spreadsheet ... lord, it's going to be like a CC M&G reunion that we aren't sure of commiting to but why not - to express support in mind & in spirit for fellow "comrades" that share the passion for cruising.  

Who's taking the lead to reach out to see what CC admin can/might do with this proposed idea ?  AND, allow me to stand firm on my principles, count me out if this is going to spread or branch off into other social media platform, no poaching and no hijacking for "our" private & exclusive gathering & onboard events, etc. which I know you & others adhere to - gotta draw that DMZ lines somewhere. 

Spreadsheet editing - I believed it works when one is on the spreadsheet & logged in with a valid Gmail address (create one or setup a "sandboxed" sub-Gmail address to make it easier to sort & organize in-bound/outbound messages & ignore spam mail)  

As for staying undercover, I'm sure - besides you - a number of CC'er that cruised with us before would easily spot us, likely hiding in plain sight & low key, from the back corner.  If the visual from the vest is not there, maybe look for the CC lanyard ?? 

Off-topic next:  Haha, as for foodie tours in Queens ... suspended for the time being per dentist's order re: bone graft/sinus lift, timing the procedures before the next 2 cruise and allow time to heal & stabilize.  But, it's easy DIY - hop on the #7 subway or LIRR out to Flushing, some of the newest & best fusion food are now hidden inside the newest indoor malls & their food courts, some are pretty pricey but well worth it.  You'll love the variety of sweets.   

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

Majority rules but my preference is to stick with NCL because, and I am guessing here, those who have signed up on the spreadsheet seem to be most familiar with NCL and enjoy the benefits offered as Latitudes members. Full disclosure...I am one of those members.

However, if anyone finds a fabulous 2026 sailing on another cruise line that fits into the criteria we have already discussed on this thread, then please initially share that with us here. If that sailing is worth exploring then we can all move over to another forum so we do not break any rules and get thrown in CC jail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Got to say, none of the fares are jumping out at me for the rest of this year.  But, I'll keep eyeballing them.

48 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

But, there are some nice fares in Royal later this year on the Symphony!

You probably are aware but just in case...wanted to mention that this proposed CC cruise is planned for 2026. 

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

2026?  Wha?

I don't start planning the following years' cruises until around Christmas. 😉

It definitely is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng road to follow, for sure. 

And I just finished planning my 2nd and 3rd cruises for this year! Yikes.. lol

Edited by All-ready2cruise
forgot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Hey, I managed to edit/add to the spreadsheet ... lord, it's going to be like a CC M&G reunion that we aren't sure of commiting to but why not - to express support in mind & in spirit for fellow "comrades" that share the passion for cruising.  

The difference is...we will know exactly who is committed by virtue of the fact that you have to actually book the cruise to be committed.

35 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Who's taking the lead to reach out to see what CC admin can/might do with this proposed idea ?

I would nominate @schmoopie17 or @cruiseny4life. I will assist when necessary.

37 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

AND, allow me to stand firm on my principles, count me out if this is going to spread or branch off into other social media platform,

You mean it was a no no for me to post this idea on Tiktok?

40 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

bone graft/sinus lift, timing the procedures before the next 2 cruise and allow time to heal & stabilize

Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery to enjoy your upcoming cruises.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

2026?  Wha?

I don't start planning the following years' cruises until around Christmas. 😉

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

It definitely is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng road to follow, for sure. 

And I just finished planning my 2nd and 3rd cruises for this year! Yikes.. lol

Again, preaching to the choir. I booked my last cruise a few days before sail date.

At the moment this is only a request for expression of interest. 😁

• Haha 3

I will absolutely adhere to the group's wishes that the Meet & Greet, Meet & Mingle, whatever it's called not be cross posted elsewhere. In the past I have cross posted and expect to in the future, but will lay off the posting button for this cruise. I know this is a strong feeling amongst several and this is a slightly different cruise given it being planned two years in advance on Cruise Critic.

As an American historical figure stated, regarding a nomination to serve:

“I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for Cruise Critic Meet & Greet extraordinaire; that if nominated by either cruising party or NCL, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should retreat to my stateroom to drink.”

Thanks, Cump, for them thar words of eloquence that I only slightly modified.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

As an American historical figure stated, regarding a nomination to serve:

“I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for Cruise Critic Meet & Greet extraordinaire; that if nominated by either cruising party or NCL, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should retreat to my stateroom to drink.”

Thanks, Cump, for them thar words of eloquence that I only slightly modified.

You sure can speak your mind, keep doing that and you could find yourself the President of this cruise, lololol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Spreadsheet editing - I believed it works when one is on the spreadsheet & logged in with a valid Gmail address (create one or setup a "sandboxed" sub-Gmail address to make it easier to sort & organize in-bound/outbound messages & ignore spam mail)

It should work for anyone without requiring a sign-in. It's not, but it should! It's easy to add names of folks though. 

Also, agree with @graphicguy. Speedy recovery!! We need to hear all about the food, and how lovely it is, on your Cunard cruise. I'm hoping for more than soup recs. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

I signed us up as interested.  Could be fun to have so many active CCers together.   I miss the busy CC roll call threads.

Yes, it would be great fun to get this active CC group together.

At the moment I see this as a group of long-time pen pals (dating myself) who want to cruise together and meet each other for the first time. Some might drop off, others might join later, but I think this is a good start. If we can get a group discount rate that would be great, but if not, we all book on our own and just plan to meet at Sailaway dressed as our favorite Looney Tunes character.

That's All Folks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes, it would be great fun to get this active CC group together.

At the moment I see this as a group of long-time pen pals (dating myself) who want to cruise together and meet each other for the first time. Some might drop off, others might join later, but I think this is a good start. If we can get a group discount rate that would be great, but if not, we all book on our own and just plan to meet at Sailaway dressed as our favorite Looney Tunes character.

That's All Folks!

That sounds like fun!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

So, while this is an NCL board. the question about looking at other lines was put on the table.  Yay?  Nay?  If so, ask to move this to another area of CC?

For now, let's leave it here until we find a cruise and a cruise line that would accept us as a group. 

I'll try to set this up in the General Forum and name it #SchmoopieFest cruise 2026, will link it to this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

... agree with @graphicguy. Speedy recovery!! We need to hear all about the food, and how lovely it is, on your Cunard cruise. I'm hoping for more than soup recs. 🙂 

Thanks all, recovery is fine, finishing up this round of antibiotics post-up ...  One way to diet, despite all the temptation lately.  More work ahead, insurance not covering the costly procedures, coming out of pocket with Mrs. M threatening to not cruise in 2025 for going over budget ... hahaha. 

All jokes aside, 10 years ago - would never imagine, let alone booking Cunard but "The Price is Right".   Much less (35%+) than NCL's Sun balcony for 2 ... crazy not to book it last minute, granted we aren't going for suite/Haven/YC experience.  Should be an interesting return to cruise Alaska for 10 nights ... Skagway stop is 6 AM to 10 PM, Juneau listed as a tender stop.  If anyone is up for a last minute, QE out of Vancouver, Aug 30 - Sept 9th.  They too, are cutting back (as in where is the beef or lobster) - surfing low key at that forum ...  Fixed dining for 6 isn't bad, might just opt & ask for Anytime Dining.  Not planning to go live, at most "semi" & pay satellite Starlink for 4 full sea days.  Then, a 2 week break before we zip across Hudson River to Cape Liberty to check out RC for another 9 nights.  We aren't abandoning NCL, taking a sabbatical until early Spring' 25 on a short 8 days - let's see how things go in the coming months.  

@Sugar Magnolia  TikTok is fine, no objection but it's the "other" platform that CC expressly spelled out to not promote, etc. etc.  Not against F* members to join, but at least enroll and become a part of CC & show up with a CC handle/ID to sign-in; know what & why they are showing up ... since, cookies & even pound cake are rumored to be discontinued at the M&G with officers.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Should be an interesting return to cruise Alaska for 10 nights ... Skagway stop is 6 AM to 10 PM, Juneau listed as a tender stop.  If anyone is up for a last minute, QE out of Vancouver, Aug 30 - Sept 9th. 

I just looked at pricing for this. Wow! Maybe we should cancel our February cruise and do this one. It would actually be cheaper and three more days!  I'm thinking I won't convince my better half to do this, but gosh that's tempting. Thanks for giving me some research to do. 

EDIT: Not cheaper, but same price. 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I just looked at pricing for this. Wow! ...

Oh mine, prices gone up ($600+ balcony for 2 as paid) ... must be almost full.  Insides are sold out, the more "basic" balconies gone.  But, there is a deal for Sugar M. (hush ... she probably peek at it long ago as I mentioned this earlier) - solo price for an Oceanview (180+ sq.ft.) - with base fare at just $1,359 plus $275 port taxes/fees/charges for a total of $1,633.   Unlike NCL, no FAS kind of bundled add-on, but up to $50 OBC.  That is a steal for 11 days/10 nights ... you know this being in the travel sector.  Of course, looking at pre-cruise & post-cruise lodging, add the cost of shorex ($$$) and round-trip airfares.  (not using UA's accrued mileage to upgrade)

Quick solo price comparison vs. Norwegian Sun, 10 days out of Seattle, not even close - based on current pricing is about $2,400+ to $2,550+ w/o the basic Unlimited Beverage FAS.  

Anyway, back on topic ... let's keep this on NCL's turf, unless another lines wanna to come up with a good "incentive" package for this CC "convention at sea" and I concur, a meeting planner is needed.  😉

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

If you and @debenson0723 ever start talking about your survival stories in 110 degree temps, I'd love to just be there to sip a Capt & Coke, while listening to you both. 

Here's my survival story for 115-120 degree temps (like @schmoopie17 said, 110 is nothing!). From June to September, I go from my airconditioned home, to my airconditioned car, to my airconditioned office. All shopping and miscellaneous adventures are done after 8pm. The other 8 months of the year are why I put up with the 4 terrible months. 

As an aside, my office A/C has been out since Friday (the whole building). I have been moving from one place to the next to work and I hate not being at my desk and having my 'stuff'. I did spend yesterday there with turbine fans blowing and the temps in the low 80s...I was fine for about 7 hours and then 'lost my cool'. Supposedly the part came in today and it is repaired. Oh to be on the Joy again...

• Like 3