2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

15 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...if I'm not mistaken (highly unlikely, I know) it looks like we're close to locking in the Feb 6, 2025 Joy cruise through the Panama Canal for Schmoopiefest? 

As noted, we booked this a while ago, hotel and plane reservations already made. 

For those who can't make this one, we could also plan Schmoopiefest 2026, as well.

Larry and I will have to pass on this cruise as we're already booked on the Norwegian Dawn Trieste to Civitavecchia cruise April 22, 2025 and can't afford to do both.  The Dawn itinerary is wonderful and price is quite reasonable.  We need to go abroad while we can still cope with the long international flights.  Wishing you all a wonderful cruise!

We'll keep an eye on the 2026 Shmoopiefest options.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Larry and I will have to pass on this cruise as we're already booked on the Norwegian Dawn Trieste to Civitavecchia cruise April 22, 2025 and can't afford to do both.  The Dawn itinerary is wonderful and price is quite reasonable.  We need to go abroad while we can still cope with the long international flights.  Wishing you all a wonderful cruise!

We'll keep an eye on the 2026 Shmoopiefest options.

I looked at that Dawn sailing as well because of the interesting ports such as Slovenia, Montenegro and Albania. I am certain you will have a great time on the Dawn and hope to meet in 2026.

9 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I looked at that Dawn sailing as well because of the interesting ports such as Slovenia, Montenegro and Albania. I am certain you will have a great time on the Dawn and hope to meet in 2026.

Kotor Montenegro has been on my bucket list for a long time.  We were in Koper Slovenia and Sarande Albania on our Norwegian Star cruise April 2023 and really enjoyed both ports so happy to visit them again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kjquilts said:

Kotor Montenegro has been on my bucket list for a long time.  We were in Koper Slovenia and Sarande Albania on our Norwegian Star cruise April 2023 and really enjoyed both ports so happy to visit them again. 

Slovenia is a beautiful country. I was wowed by its natural beauty on a land trip a few years ago. I need to sneak back there next time I am in the region.

22 hours ago, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

Chicago did have it's 1st hit album prior to '73, so they would qualify. As would The Supremes, The Fifth Dimension, The Jackson 5, Frankie Valli, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Yes & many many more! Oh, and completely agree with the poster that "70 is the new 50" & the Swiftie poster, as well. I'm actually a 35 yr old in the body of 67 yr. old.

And we would certainly be interested in such a CC cruise. I'm not at the 70 milestone yet, but will be celebrating hubs attaining it on the Pride of America in Jan. '25. No other cruises set beyond that date. He also thinks I am eternally weird for enjoying "internet forum friendships", but he's at least open to meeting folks once on board.

What type of internet forums are you on exactly?

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

How far are you from the 😁 indoor Chelsea Market, food court w restrooms & free WiFi access - you surely know the High Line.  I am hanging out at the indoor Tangram Mall in Flushing, waiting for the ladies to do their weekly PT sessions (acupuncture & massage) at the next door medical annex ... today is cooler & humidity is low. 

PXL_20240627_191301752.thumb.jpg.88397584104c5ae93a2e359f572d0bef.jpg

This is the Assembly Station for high-end Asian foodies tour, i.e. crispy Peking Duck 😋  except I can't have any for now 😸  

PXL_20240608_233510183.thumb.jpg.4ee500aa54a276dd2905f98bcc7a8aab.jpg

I'm thinking that might be Detroit Bat.  And where are the beans?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dexddd said:

What type of internet forums are you on exactly?

Started years ago on AOL with a Troy Aikman Fans chatroom which led to meeting some really wonderful people at Cowboys games. When kids were in high school, logged on to both state football & marching band message boards & again, made some excellent friends & contacts. After our son entered college I found an affiliated sports blog & message board for the fans of that U. & quickly connected with a lot of amazing people. That led to tailgates, trips to bowl games & even national basketball championship with them. Once that site was closed down, we all found each other again on Twitter & have a special group set up, much like this site. It's pretty special to have the chance to establish real friendships with people across the country you would have never otherwise encountered, if not for forums like this.

• Like 1

Not that it's a bad thing, but we are pretty much locked in to the New Orleans cruise. While I would love to be out of work for 11 straight (or more) business days, my boss is not excited with that prospect. It seems my presence is expected at work, despite me being wholly unimportant to the operation of the business! 

Big Easy it is in early 2025. 2026, however, we'll see what NCL puts out. Maybe I'll win the lottery I rarely play and not worry about work by then! 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Not that it's a bad thing, but we are pretty much locked in to the New Orleans cruise. While I would love to be out of work for 11 straight (or more) business days, my boss is not excited with that prospect. It seems my presence is expected at work, despite me being wholly unimportant to the operation of the business! 

Having a job is overrated. (Coming from someone who has been retired since 2015)...

Seriously, I'm bummed about not meeting you on this cruise. But there's always 2026...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

@Sugar Magnolia do your voodoo magic on @cruiseny4life.

Need I remind you, young lady, that it was you who mercilessly harangued me into booking a last minute cruise to Bermuda a few weeks ago, knowing that I had just returned from an exhausting five week journey. Have you no empathy? Have you no shame?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

This does look promising.  😊🤞. I don’t have access to do a mock booking…well at least easily, what is the final payment date for the 2/2/25 cruise?  

It would be wonderful if you could join us! We will have a merry time with Travelicious! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Need I remind you, young lady, that it was you who mercilessly harangued me into booking a last minute cruise to Bermuda a few weeks ago, knowing that I had just returned from an exhausting five week journey. Have you no empathy? Have you no shame?

I have neither. But thanks for calling me young and a lady!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2