2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Well… because I’m lazy, who is targeting the TA out of Southampton on the Encore in December?  I Know @Sugar Magnolia is sailing.  Anyone else?

I’m targeting that sailing!

I wish I could do this one but I am with @Sugar Magnoliaon the Prima TA (as you know). Would save me a ton of time and money if I did December but already have the 3 weeks in November approved at work. I am hoping you have a miraculous recovery and can do both! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I wish I could do this one but I am with @Sugar Magnoliaon the Prima TA (as you know). Would save me a ton of time and money if I did December but already have the 3 weeks in November approved at work. I am hoping you have a miraculous recovery and can do both! 🙂 

I'm thinking you could do both, too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Let me rephrase that...I can't go in December unless I quit my job and live with you! 🤣

Yeah…you better keep working, then!!!!😁😉😃

• Haha 3

On 7/21/2024 at 12:55 AM, debenson0723 said:

Only if I quit my job and live in my car (is there an echo in here??)

This is what my husband keeps telling me when I try to convince him that we must book more cruises!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

When are you embarking on the Gem? Are you starting a Live?

21 days to go, and no live just a review, members have been posting that the internet is almost impossible to use.

JIMESOPUS   I have been surfing around CC and found some folks are using this instead of the @, just wondering if it works

Jim

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I also will not be doing a LIVE for our cruise next month. We have zero sea days, plus we're being accompanied by some cruise newbies who have never been to Europe...and they're expecting us to act as quasi-tour guides. So no time available to do a LIVE...plus the fact that I'm old. lazy and technologically challenged.

I'll probably do a summary of some sort after the fact...unless I forget my CC password after being away for a couple of weeks.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

21 days to go, and no live just a review, members have been posting that the internet is almost impossible to use.

JIMESOPUS   I have been surfing around CC and found some folks are using this instead of the @, just wondering if it works

Jim

That is quite a sedate roll call though not completely surprising nowadays.

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

That is quite a sedate roll call though not completely surprising nowadays.

The strange thing is that the next cruise will have a meet and greet even though the priest stopped by and gave its last rights the other day, I wonder where they are coming from.

Jim

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I also will not be doing a LIVE for our cruise next month. We have zero sea days, plus we're being accompanied by some cruise newbies who have never been to Europe...and they're expecting us to act as quasi-tour guides. So no time available to do a LIVE...plus the fact that I'm old. lazy and technologically challenged.

I'll probably do a summary of some sort after the fact...unless I forget my CC password after being away for a couple of weeks.

That is disappointing. Your description of your cruise sounds perfect for a LIVE. And I can remind you of your CC password if you forget. Is it PASSWORD?

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The strange thing is that the next cruise will have a meet and greet even though the priest stopped by and gave its last rights the other day, I wonder where they are coming from.

Jim

I see what you mean. I almost feel obligated to drop in to pay my respects.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I almost feel obligated to drop in to pay my respects.

Hahaha ... have you drop in the "other" roll call recently, where you "found" me earlier this year.  Someone else from that roll call has taken over the M&G since the original organizer are no longer on the TA, the B2B and B2B2B (after final payment ?? perhaps rules for non-US bookings aren't the same.) 

Meanwhile, on a different NCL roll call for early Spring 2025, M&G request has already been submitted and confirmed by Group Events, LOL - even though the current headcount is quite low.  Not going to worry about any until I get 3 other non-NCL cruises out of the way this Fall and getting my passport renewed.  Our best friends got us a nice "steerage" deal on RC next January out of Cape Liberty, too good to pass up.  Meanwhile, waiting until we finish OLCI at 21 days before packing for our Alaska cruise.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Hahaha ... have you drop in the "other" roll call recently, where you "found" me earlier this year.  Someone else from that roll call has taken over the M&G since the original organizer are no longer on the TA, the B2B and B2B2B (after final payment ?? perhaps rules for non-US bookings aren't the same.) 

Meanwhile, on a different NCL roll call for early Spring 2025, M&G request has already been submitted and confirmed by Group Events, LOL - even though the current headcount is quite low.  Not going to worry about any until I get 3 other non-NCL cruises out of the way this Fall and getting my passport renewed.  Our best friends got us a nice "steerage" deal on RC next January out of Cape Liberty, too good to pass up.  Meanwhile, waiting until we finish OLCI at 21 days before packing for our Alaska cruise.  

I'm curious about Cunard, and looking forward to any comments good, bad, or just plain ugly. Those Gala nights have me wondering if I made a very bad decision.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I have been lurking on the other roll calls but have not yet participated. Still too early for me. If I think I can be helpful to the conversation I will jump in.

Yes, final payment schedules for other parts of the world are different from the U.S.

So you have one Cunard and two RC cruises coming up? How is the dental work coming along?

• Like 1