Wonder of the Seas Boardwalk Balconies with ocean view as well?

Wonder of the Seas, several years ago on Allure my brother in law went with a Boardwalk balcony almost at the aft of the ship...Can't remember which one or what deck!!! Want to do something similar again on the Wonder..Suggestions? 

1 hour ago, etravel said:

Wonder of the Seas, several years ago on Allure my brother in law went with a Boardwalk balcony almost at the aft of the ship...Can't remember which one or what deck!!! Want to do something similar again on the Wonder..Suggestions? 

on the Wonder your view of the ocean will be greatly blocked by the Abyss slide.  You will still get a peak of it but nothing like on the Allure.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

on the Wonder your view of the ocean will be greatly blocked by the Abyss slide.  You will still get a peak of it but nothing like on the Allure.

....for now.  Once Allure is amplified that will change.  As you mention, the views from the farthest aft have dozen or so staterooms, in particular on the higher decks (such as 11-14), will provide a peak at the ocean over and to the sides of the Aqua Theater.  The further forward you are the less this view is.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

8 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

....for now.  Once Allure is amplified that will change.  As you mention, the views from the farthest aft have dozen or so staterooms, in particular on the higher decks (such as 11-14), will provide a peak at the ocean over and to the sides of the Aqua Theater.  The further forward you are the less this view is.

I know at some point they will give the Allure the amplification, but sure wish they would leave the Boardwalk open…..but I know they won’t….😢😢

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I know at some point they will give the Allure the amplification, but sure wish they would leave the Boardwalk open…..but I know they won’t….😢😢

Agree.  But IMO, aside from the slides, Allure needs updating with a number of its venues.  

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Agree.  But IMO, aside from the slides, Allure needs updating with a number of its venues.  

I agree….yes it does!  But I do love that open view on the Boardwalk and having the DL on Deck 11 and not in the dungeon…😂😂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I agree….yes it does!  But I do love that open view on the Boardwalk and having the DL on Deck 11 and not in the dungeon…😂😂

...that is definitely a plus!  And as I'm sure you would likely agree those days with the DL are probably numbered.  Probably will become a restaurant.

You can't even see much of the ocean from the suite sun deck on Wonder unless you hang over the side of the ship, so catching a peek of it from a BW balcony would require being quite the contortionist. 😇

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

...that is definitely a plus!  And as I'm sure you would likely agree those days with the DL are probably numbered.  Probably will become a restaurant.

They ran into difficulties with that doing the Oasis conversion and added cabins and a card room instead.  The other  OA class ships had the restaurant added when it was being built.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, etravel said:

This is your view from deck 11 aft cabins.

image.png.36189f817c2e6674f57ed91e2cbbc432.pngimage.png.d9c35a131ced9bf6cdf87938c8e6ce65.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, etravel said:

I just got back in May from Wonder in boardwalk room 11727.  I didn’t think the slide blocked the view that much but with the structure in the back of the ship to block the aqua theater from the elements you could not really see the water all that much. I tried the cabin because it was a lot cheaper than an ocean view balcony. I would not book another boardwalk balcony again. One and done for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are views from Oasis and Harmony. These are the very last cabins on the port side. I have it booked again for Oasis in 2026, and maybe again next year. I love the view. My sons had the cabin 3 from the end on Oasis and the view was not nearly as good. You really need the end one to get the good view.

Oasis 12329.jpeg

Harmony 9329.jpeg

• Like 2