Crystal Symphony Replacement cruises are now available for booking

Stickman1990

Replacement Crystal Symphony itineraries now up 
For those looking at new itineraries for Crystal Symphony following the cancellation of Dec and January cruises they’re now up on the Crystal website and there some good alternate options available 
This should give you a list of those available November 2024 to February 2025

https://crystalcruises.com/search?itineraries[refinementList][departure][0]=202411&itineraries[refinementList][departure][1]=202412&itineraries[refinementList][departure][2]=202501&itineraries[refinementList][departure][3]=202502&itineraries[refinementList][ship][0]=CSY&itineraries[sortBy]=sort_departure_asc

Terry, thank you for posting this. We had been looking at the January 18- February 4, 2025 Singapore to Hong Kong voyage. It is no longer showing…and has disappeared from my “saved’ cruises in “Mt  Account” …but a 27 day January 18 Singapore to Yakahama and an 11 day February 4 Hong Kong to Yakahama is listed…I am really hoping that the 16 day Singapore to Hong Kong was left off inadvertently …I’ve reached out to Crystal and I’m waiting to hear. Any (reassuring) insights would be welcome.😊

12 minutes ago, krb1000 said:

…I am really hoping that the 16 day Singapore to Hong Kong was left off inadvertently …I’ve reached out to Crystal and I’m waiting to hear. Any (reassuring) insights would be welcome.😊

They left the old cruises up - hopefully they remove them soon to avoid confusion 

Sadly I think your old preference is gone - they’re basically going to Tokyo and then heading back via Singapore etc to Africa and the trip back to the Med in March - there are some nice itineraries though and talking to several friends I suspect the Crystal bookings people are already very busy. I saw one cruise where the Single cabin category was already showing a call for wait listing note!

So as always book while you can as for done categories they’ll move pretty quickly I suspect 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, krb1000 said:

Terry, thank you for posting this. We had been looking at the January 18- February 4, 2025 Singapore to Hong Kong voyage. It is no longer showing…and has disappeared from my “saved’ cruises in “Mt  Account” …but a 27 day January 18 Singapore to Yakahama and an 11 day February 4 Hong Kong to Yakahama is listed…I am really hoping that the 16 day Singapore to Hong Kong was left off inadvertently …I’ve reached out to Crystal and I’m waiting to hear. Any (reassuring) insights would be welcome.😊

There are some several errors on the website and when you move from one cruise to the next using the next or previous arrow you can end up nowhere or somewhere bizarre. I expect the SIN-HK cruise still exists. There’s no reason for it not to. Good luck. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Sadly I think your old preference is gone - they’re basically going to Tokyo and then heading back via Singapore etc to Africa

On looking at it again - I agree with Tracie - your segment should be ok as they’re going via Hong Kong and there’s several legs that are on sale that end on Hong Kong - so that should be corrected soon but your TA should be able to reconfirm this for you 

Fingers crossed for you 

• Like 1

Happy to report I have, I believe, with thanks to my TA, booked cruises as substitutes for November and May Symphony cancellations.

I am most grateful for all the very helpful and informative posts here, with a special shout out to TER777.

Hope you all are equally successful!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The category availability on some legs are going up and down rapidly as people put down deposits then change their minds a few times.  I'm booked on the first 3 - Barcelona to Seychelles B2B2B.  More than half are sea days (my favourite). 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 11:56 AM, Stickman1990 said:

Replacement Crystal Symphony itineraries now up 
For those looking at new itineraries for Crystal Symphony following the cancellation of Dec and January cruises they’re now up on the Crystal website and there some good alternate options available 
This should give you a list of those available November 2024 to February 2025

https://crystalcruises.com/search?itineraries[refinementList][departure][0]=202411&itineraries[refinementList][departure][1]=202412&itineraries[refinementList][departure][2]=202501&itineraries[refinementList][departure][3]=202502&itineraries[refinementList][ship][0]=CSY&itineraries[sortBy]=sort_departure_asc

Based on these new sailings, Crystal is going to have fun modifying the itinerary for the October 7-December 6 Lisbon to Athens cruise🙂

15 minutes ago, chaunceyb said:

Based on these new sailings, Crystal is going to have fun modifying the itinerary for the October 7-December 6 Lisbon to Athens cruise

They ditched the last 10 days (Piraeus to Piraeus), and instead the ship goes Piraeus to Barcelona for 7 days instead. 

Just now, chaunceyb said:

Not reflected on their website.

Yes, some of the cancelled cruises are still up - they haven't made all the changes they need to.  My cancelled Piraeus to Mumbai cruise is still on their website too. 

6 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

Yes, some of the cancelled cruises are still up - they haven't made all the changes they need to.  My cancelled Piraeus to Mumbai cruise is still on their website too. 

The Athens to Barcelona cruise is a big yawner, so we are going to re-book a cruise in 2025, Hope Crystal weathers this storm!😅

10 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

I hope so!  I'd hate to see it die again because of bad management. 

In fairness, from those of us who have been sailing Crystal from the beginning, this management team is FAR from the worst Crystal has had.  Even the recent ones weren’t the worst.  I’ve generally been pretty impressed with NC so far.

Vince

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

this management team is FAR from the worst Crystal has had

No doubt - I was just commenting about how this is a problem all cruise lines face, and the lines should be flexible enough to manage it. 

I wonder how many guests they will have from Ghana to Capetown. Maybe enough to fill the large round table in Waterside. 
Just learned they do not plan to announce end of 25 and early 26 Symphony itins until “later this year.”  Looks like they are hoping they will be able to go back to Red Sea by then. 

14 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

I wonder how many guests they will have from Ghana to Capetown. Maybe enough to fill the large round table in Waterside. 

The alternative is to dead-head, sans any passengers on this repositioning voyage. Or roll-the-dice and go empty, again, through the Suez Canal. For anyone looking for a 3-week, warm weather get-away with lots of sea days (any many Crystal cruisers seem to bemoan the dearth of consecutive sea days on recently scheduled NC voyages), this is an opportunity for a very leisurely cruise at a very competitive per-diem (combined b2b Barcelona-Cape Town). With a Xmas eve arrival in Cape Town!

I hope there's a financial break-even point achieved on this voyage.

Rob

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Just learned they do not plan to announce end of 25 and early 26 Symphony itins until “later this year.”  Looks like they are hoping they will be able to go back to Red Sea by then. 

Not a cat in hells chance.Authorities overseeing the conflict are predicting continued hostilities in 25&26 irrespective of the conflict in Gaza. Iran is the main stumbling block with its supplying weapons.

Once again Crystal will be well behind others as shown by some of the newly published itinerary’s and as stated above.

If they can afford to announce new ships then surely they could provide a better timescale for future itineraries.

Like others I’m disappointed going forward.

Irespective

5 hours ago, Old Sea Dog said:

If they can afford to announce new ships then surely they could provide a better timescale for future itineraries.

I suspect that there are two entirely separate operating groups on those two issues.

Personally, I hope that they aren't having people working on itineraries and logistics diverted over to picking carpeting and room locations.

• Like 4