Our fantastic Arvia cruise June 9th- June 23rd

grapau27

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Graham!

You are also very handsome and you and Pauline are just wonderful people!

So happy to know you and love all the travels and friendship!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo

Denise😊

Thank you Denise.

You are one of the nicest people on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No we never went there.

I think we all are a stone heavier after all the delicious food we ate.

I had pre-booked the Take That tribute in the theatre for 8.30pm.

We walked past at 7.45pm and there was a long queue and as I can't stand for long we decided to give it a miss.

1 morning there was a retired airline pilot guest speaker in the theatre which we went to and it was interesting.

I would definitely recommend you try the 710 club.  It was a singer/piano player, two guitars and a drummer - they have a different theme each evening and very cleverly seem to be making it up as they go along - it had an ‘exclusive’ feel as it’s only a small venue.

We saw the Headliners do the Take That show, it wasn’t my favourite even though I love Take That!

We also saw the Pilot speaker, did you see the ex marine who lost an arm and a leg in Afghanistan?  He got a standing ovation but he did use some colourful language which may have offended some people,

Richard and Adam the opera style singing brothers were also fabulous IMO

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

We love Iona but the 

6th Street diner on Arvia makes it our favourite.

It opens at 10am for breakfast and we loved it on sea days.

The 50s 60s music was great as was the service.

IMG_20240616_123320.jpg

IMG_20240619_101503.jpg

wow looks good.

Sure wish us USA folks could travel on P&O 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Welcome back Graham and Pauline

We missed you, despite your daily weather reports from the north east of England

I’m glad you had a lovely time and it’s good to hear a good report of Arvia.  Was it your first time on her?

Thank you for your nice words.

I really wanted to do a live from review but home insurance would have been void if I highlighted we were away.

It was our first time on Arvia but we have been on Iona 6 times.

Another good thing is we will be Caribbean loyalty for our next P&O cruise.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Waju said:

I would definitely recommend you try the 710 club.  It was a singer/piano player, two guitars and a drummer - they have a different theme each evening and very cleverly seem to be making it up as they go along - it had an ‘exclusive’ feel as it’s only a small venue.

We saw the Headliners do the Take That show, it wasn’t my favourite even though I love Take That!

We also saw the Pilot speaker, did you see the ex marine who lost an arm and a leg in Afghanistan?  He got a standing ovation but he did use some colourful language which may have offended some people,

Richard and Adam the opera style singing brothers were also fabulous IMO

We missed the ex marine speaker.

Thanks for the advice on 710 club which we will go to next time.

I'm pleased you had a fantastic cruise too.

• Like 1

Grapau, I  must be going daft, sorry it's taken me so long to work out Grapau is Graham and Pauline.

We were also on 14 on the Starboard corner, so almost neighbours looking at your pictures. Presume you had Adonis as cabin steward.

I also enjoyed the airline talk although my wife said don't ask questions.  As I believe the golden age of flying (longhaul) is nowadays , however the golden age of airports disappeared 40 years ago when you could turn up 20 minutes before flight 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Nice to hear from you.

I understand it is possible especially when P&O sail in the Caribbean.

aw but I would want to sail out of UK and I love me my Brits.  Always the nicest folks on any cruise I go on.  Not just saying since you are a Brit.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Grapau, I  must be going daft, sorry it's taken me so long to work out Grapau is Graham and Pauline.

We were also on 14 on the Starboard corner, so almost neighbours looking at your pictures. Presume you had Adonis as cabin steward.

I also enjoyed the airline talk although my wife said don't ask questions.  As I believe the golden age of flying (longhaul) is nowadays , however the golden age of airports disappeared 40 years ago when you could turn up 20 minutes before flight 

Yes 14743 a couple of cabins from you.

Adonis was our cabin steward.

We said hello a few times to you both in the corridor not realising we both posted on cruise critic.

I never say when we are away so you wouldn't know we were both P&O regular posters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw but I would want to sail out of UK and I love me my Brits.  Always the nicest folks on any cruise I go on.  Not just saying since you are a Brit.  

We have had 25 P&O cruises out of Southampton England which is our preferred departure port for the Mediterranean and Canary Islands cruises.

I am always happy to give you advice if you need it.

• Like 1

We were on deck 11 on this cruise and I have to agree that after the disappointing start of a 3 hour delay, the rest of the cruise was amazing. Happily, there didn’t seem to be any probs from noro so maybe their ‘deep clean’ worked. The 710 club is worth booking early as it only holds about 50 people and is popular. 
The captain amused every night with his jokes! 

• Like 1

I'm wondering about tendering.  Cunard has a "step test" requirement where one must be able to step across 2 lines about 18 inches apart before being able to board a tender.  Is this a true of P&O or is it strictly a Cunard thing?

Thanks

Roy

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm wondering about tendering.  Cunard has a "step test" requirement where one must be able to step across 2 lines about 18 inches apart before being able to board a tender.  Is this a true of P&O or is it strictly a Cunard thing?

Thanks

Roy

I don't know if the mega ships Arvia and Iona , tender , 6000 passengers would be a logistical challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your nice words.

I really wanted to do a live from review but home insurance would have been void if I highlighted we were away.

It was our first time on Arvia but we have been on Iona 6 times.

Another good thing is we will be Caribbean loyalty for our next P&O cruise.

Home insurance doesn’t cover you if you are away?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Home insurance doesn’t cover you if you are away?

I have heard that some insurance carriers do Not cover you if you "advertise" on social media sites that you are on vacation.   I read somewhere that US carriers have this in the fine print, sounds like UK does too

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1