Our fantastic Arvia cruise June 9th- June 23rd

grapau27

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hmm..that's interesting..

Thank you for commenting 

Maryann.

Like most things hidden in small print that most of us don't read I would love to tell all my friends on cruise critic about our future cruises and do a Live From Review but unless you have a house sitter it is best not to advertise your home will be empty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It does cover us but if you highlight on Social media with photos that you are away from home and we had a burglary the insurance Loss Adjuster would turn down any claim because they check social media and if it highlights we are away even though we have CCTV and alarms they would turn down any claim as irresponsible.

This is why I Never do a Live From review or tell anyone we are away until we are back home.

Same here Graham.,The way for others to look at it would be to put an advert in 

the local shop/store window that read .." Hi  we will be away from home for two 

weeks with no one at home .

No one would ever do that ,so why on a public forum ?

Glad to see you and Pauline had a great time away , until the next one enjoy 

those Mackie D's my friend  😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same here Graham.,The way for others to look at it would be to put an advert in 

the local shop/store window that read .." Hi  we will be away from home for two 

weeks with no one at home .

No one would ever do that ,so why on a public forum ?

Glad to see you and Pauline had a great time away , until the next one enjoy 

those Mackie D's my friend  😊

Thank you Kalos.

We stayed overnight near Doncaster on our way home.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you so much for the lovely pictures and cruise review. The food looks so delicious! I am glad that you and Pauline had a wonderful time. Welcome home.

Thank you Terry for your nice comments.

Sending prayers 🙏 for Tana.

I hope she is having a better day today.

• Thanks 1

Welcome home Graham and Pauline thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. We have Arvia booked as a future cruise and really looking forward to sailing on her.

How lovely to have so many posters from over the pond commenting too, it just shows how well thought of ‘our’ Graham is.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Welcome home Graham and Pauline thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. We have Arvia booked as a future cruise and really looking forward to sailing on her.

How lovely to have so many posters from over the pond commenting too, it just shows how well thought of ‘our’ Graham is.

Thank you for your kind comments.

I'm certain you will love Arvia.

We are looking at potential dates for our next Arvia cruise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Graham, do you fly to Southampton?  Seems like a long way if you drive there. 

We used to but the regional airline Flybe out of Southampton went into administration.

For the last several years I have driven to Southampton.

The last 2 years we have stayed in a hotel 110 miles from home then I have driven 210 miles to Southampton the next day and stopped overnight in Southampton before boarding our cruise the next day.

After our cruise I drive the 210 miles to the hotel that we stayed in on the way down then drive the remaining 110 miles home after breakfast.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

That is the way of the world now. Book in advance. Can you just show up at Butlins? You book on line in advance at Warners.

We are taking my mum to a Warners hotel later in the year and I have booked my restaurants online already. It’s a sign of the times, just about everything is online now 

Michelle

• Like 3

Hello Graham-Popping over to the P&O forum to read about your latest cruise adventure. Glad to read that you and Pauline enjoyed the cruise on the Arvia.

I am thinking that it is a new ship.

Always fun to experience a ship with all new bells and whistles!

Are P&O ships similar to Princess ships ?

We are Princess customers and have enjoyed many cruises with them over the years,hence we are very familiar with the layout and decor.

As always, wishing you and Pauline pleasant days!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Hi Graham I was disappointed not to see a new p and  o takeaway collapsible cup on your dashboard we bought 2 while we were onboard .Excellent idea they have had .Maybe next time when your onboard you might buy a couple 

We liked these cups in 6th Street diner with fun words on them.

This one was particularly good.

Don't worry we're in Cruise Control.

Screenshot_20240625_181202.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Hello Graham-Popping over to the P&O forum to read about your latest cruise adventure. Glad to read that you and Pauline enjoyed the cruise on the Arvia.

I am thinking that it is a new ship.

Always fun to experience a ship with all new bells and whistles!

Are P&O ships similar to Princess ships ?

We are Princess customers and have enjoyed many cruises with them over the years,hence we are very familiar with the layout and decor.

As always, wishing you and Pauline pleasant days!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Hi MJ.

Lovely to hear from you and thank you for popping in.

Arvia and Iona are Excel class ships of 184,000 tons and the newest and biggest.

Azura and Ventura are Grand class ships of 115,000 tons.

Britannia is a Royal class of 143,000 tons.

Arcadia is a Vista class of 83,000 tons.

The smallest and oldest Aurora at 76,000 tons was built in 2000.

We were last on the Grand Princess out of San Francisco to Hawaiian islands and back in November/December 2019 and although Elite loyalty we tend to favour P&O for their choice of sailings from Southampton England.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We liked these cups in 6th Street diner with fun words on them.

This one was particularly good.

Don't worry we're in Cruise Control.

Screenshot_20240625_181202.jpg

Is it a coincidence that Pauline's outfit matches the mug .We quite liked 6th St Diner. In fact we enjoyed all the restaurants. I'm still getting over your Joules polo. Has your sponsorship by Ralph Lauren come to an end?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Prometheus1 said:

Graham, also popping over to check out your cruise. Love all of the pics especially the food. Looks like a wonderful ship! Glad you and Pauline had a good cruise!

Thank you Kirin.

I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

• Thanks 1

Graham...do you have a burglar alarm set up in your house?  Mine is monitored at an alarm company and if my alarm goes off and they can't reach me they immediately send out the police or fire department, which ever the alarm is responding to.  That way I have no problem posting things when I am away from home. My alarm is soooo loud it would cause a heart attack to someone breaking in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CAC104 said:

Graham...do you have a burglar alarm set up in your house?  Mine is monitored at an alarm company and if my alarm goes off and they can't reach me they immediately send out the police or fire department, which ever the alarm is responding to.  That way I have no problem posting things when I am away from home. My alarm is soooo loud it would cause a heart attack to someone breaking in.

Thank you for joining us Carol.

Yes we have a burglar alarm and several CCTV cameras around the outside of our house so I can watch the cameras anywhere in the world on my mobile phone.

Thank you everyone for contributing to my thread.

We loved Arvia so much that this afternoon I have booked another cruise on Arvia.

Many thanks to you all.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

If you have your social media set to public, then of course those who wish to cause harm maybe able to see it, however if you take precautions and use the privacy tools provided you can prevent your posts being seen by those said individuals. I also don’t display my exact location, address or full date of birth, never post pictures of my property. 

My FB profile is locked down/private within the profile I have friends groups and should I decide to post anything whilst away I only share with my siblings and children. I have location tracking turned off and if using a public network the vpn switches on and hides my location.

My friends list is not public, plus I have 2FA switched on to prevent unauthorised access and I don’t use the same password on other accounts ever.

Any insurance loss adjust looking at my profile would see nothing of what I have posted currently or in the past. 

That said any communication back home with friends and siblings is normally done via secure messaging services, in which we have family groups set up for this purpose.

That said we also have security cameras, alarms and other devices which give the impression we are at home, we have excellent neighbours who keep an eye on the property whilst we are away as we do with theirs when they are away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

If you have your social media set to public, then of course those who wish to cause harm maybe able to see it, however if you take precautions and use the privacy tools provided you can prevent your posts being seen by those said individuals. I also don’t display my exact location, address or full date of birth, never post pictures of my property. 

My FB profile is locked down/private within the profile I have friends groups and should I decide to post anything whilst away I only share with my siblings and children. I have location tracking turned off and if using a public network the vpn switches on and hides my location.

My friends list is not public, plus I have 2FA switched on to prevent unauthorised access and I don’t use the same password on other accounts ever.

Any insurance loss adjust looking at my profile would see nothing of what I have posted currently or in the past. 

That said any communication back home with friends and siblings is normally done via secure messaging services, in which we have family groups set up for this purpose.

That said we also have security cameras, alarms and other devices which give the impression we are at home, we have excellent neighbours who keep an eye on the property whilst we are away as we do with theirs when they are away.

All that makes good sense but what a sad place we live in to have to do all that just because we're going away for a holiday!  Remember when we just used to give the neighbour a key to feed the goldfish and water the plants? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3