Can the head of bed be elevated

lnhoney

I am wondering if the head of 1 of the beds can be elevated. Having them made as 2 separate beds, can the cabin steward elevate the head of 1 bed? Should I bring my own blocks to elevate it? For health reasons. 

• Thanks 1

You can most certainly request the head of the bed be elevated on one side.  You may have very limited luck in finding they have a wedge pillow onboard so best to bring your own.  If they have a couple of extra life vests onboard, those may also work for you.  

19 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

I asked my steward for extra pillows and for foam ones, not feather. Came back to the cabin and this is what I found! 

P1060949.JPG

I like extra pillows, but this is extra extra pillows!

• Haha 2

Since you need the head of the bed elevated for health reasons, the inflatable wedge looks to me like the way to go. Reasonable price and it can be used for future trips without worrying whether the room steward can help. If you also purchase the mini pump which is smaller than a soda can you'd be set.  Seems a cheap price to pay for guaranteed comfort. 

• Like 1

I have the inflatable wedge & a tiny pump that works perfectly to inflate & deflate the wedge.  You can ask for a sheet to wrap around it or I usually use a pillow against it behind my back. Mine are from Amazon.  The inflator has multiple nozzles for different inflatables.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You can most certainly request the head of the bed be elevated on one side.  You may have very limited luck in finding they have a wedge pillow onboard so best to bring your own.  If they have a couple of extra life vests onboard, those may also work for you.  

Correct and you can also ask for the foot of the bed to be elevated as well using any spare life vests.  They are glad to have a use of the vests instead of in case of an emergency!