What time do dining reservations open up?

sanne

Perhaps I should ask what time  they open up for Americans then I can work out the time in Australia. Is it midnight Miami? Midnight Monte Carlo? 

9 hours ago, KY Deb said:

It’s midnight GMT.   So you would have to figure out that time difference in Australia.  

Thanks very much. Just the info I needed. 

Question, looking to book first time on Silversea for Dec in Australia.

Are dining reservations open after deposit or final payment?

And how frenzied are they?

For first time passenger, will we be able to get what we desire?

Also, agents at Silversea were NOT able to answer, which restaurants (if any) are an upcharge on Nova?

TYIA

24 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

Question, looking to book first time on Silversea for Dec in Australia.

Are dining reservations open after deposit or final payment?

And how frenzied are they?

For first time passenger, will we be able to get what we desire?

Also, agents at Silversea were NOT able to answer, which restaurants (if any) are an upcharge on Nova?

TYIA

Dining reservations open up 120 days before sailing, at midnight GMT. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Dining reservations open up 120 days before sailing, at midnight GMT. 

Thank you!

I've read on another line that people set their alarms to get up at midnite to book dining, is that the case here as well?  😗

1 hour ago, J18ktleo said:

Thank you!

I've read on another line that people set their alarms to get up at midnite to book dining, is that the case here as well?  😗

Well, in Las Vegas, you don't have to set your alarm for midnight, cocktail time for you?

Just now, Mahogany said:

Well, in Las Vegas, you don't have to set your alarm for midnight, cocktail time for you?

lol

actually for those that live here, it's just like living everywhere else when we're home in the 'burbs' just that world class entertainment and dining is only a 10 minute drive away! 😁

Regarding your question about setting the alarm just to get dining reservations:  I've never had a problem getting a reservation anywhere within a week or two of the 120 day opening - other than perhaps Silver Note (which is rather small), but even then, I got a waitlist which cleared once we got on the ship.  Also, a percentage of the reservations are reserved to be available once you board:  check with your Butler or the Food and Beverage manager or the restaurant manager.

When you book La Dame etc at 120 days, do you pay for it then or when you get on the ship? I’m hoping to be able to use my OBC for upcharge dining.  

28 minutes ago, sanne said:

When you book La Dame etc at 120 days, do you pay for it then or when you get on the ship? I’m hoping to be able to use my OBC for upcharge dining.  

There is no pre-payment. The charge will go on your onboard account and therefore OBC can be used for payment.

14 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

There is no pre-payment. The charge will go on your onboard account and therefore OBC can be used for payment.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 4:35 PM, dawntrdr said:

I've never had a problem getting a reservation anywhere within a week or two of the 120 day opening

This was our recent experience also.   I was online at 8pmEDT (12amGMT) when dining reservations opened up but it was not necessary.  More than a month later I can still see that restaurant reservations are available almost every night for most seating times.  Silver Note and Kaiseki are "not available" for 2 or 3 nights out of 11.  And La Dame is "not available" only one night - the evening of our sea day.   There wasn't a mad dash to make reservations on our voyage.

Edited by Winemaker_1

1 hour ago, Winemaker_1 said:

This was our recent experience also.   I was online at 8pmEDT (12amGMT) when dining reservations opened up but it was not necessary.  More than a month later I can still see that restaurant reservations are available almost every night for most seating times.  Silver Note and Kaiseki are "not available" for 2 or 3 nights out of 11.  And La Dame is "not available" only one night - the evening of our sea day.   There wasn't a mad dash to make reservations on our voyage.

Is this on the Nova? 

For my September cruise, Silver Note is booked out at this point of time. Having FOMO, I did the 8pm EDT reservations and happily made all of my reservations done in one go which I am looking forward to.

Am I correct in thinking that the Australian SS agency has been outsourced to the Philippines? I seem to recollect some TA's being unable to deal with them as they were so bad.

11 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Am I correct in thinking that the Australian SS agency has been outsourced to the Philippines? I seem to recollect some TA's being unable to deal with them as they were so bad.

They have according to my travel agent. Not happy. 

• 1 month later...

Hi

How many reservations can you make at each of the included restaurants that require reservations? ie La Terrazza, The Grill and Silver Note. Are you limited to a number of bookings like on Regent?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Qld13 said:

Hi

How many reservations can you make at each of the included restaurants that require reservations? ie La Terrazza, The Grill and Silver Note. Are you limited to a number of bookings like on Regent?

Thanks

I am not sure whether could you make more when you board, but making dining reservations pre-cruise, one can only make one reservation/night.

In my case, I could only reserve Silver Note and not making another at The Grill or La Terrazza on the same night through the MySilversea webpage. 

4 hours ago, agape01 said:

In my case, I could only reserve Silver Note and not making another at The Grill or La Terrazza on the same night through the MySilversea webpage. 

Not looking or trying to book more than one on the same night. Query is how many times can I book on different nights for the duration of the cruise. Regent only allow one booking in advance per specialty restaurant per cruise.

20 minutes ago, Qld13 said:

Not looking or trying to book more than one on the same night. Query is how many times can I book on different nights for the duration of the cruise. Regent only allow one booking in advance per specialty restaurant per cruise.

As far as I know there is no limit. I certainly made reservations more than once at a few of them. (I did not reserve La Dame.)