Help with Port of Miami to FLL or Hotel

PINEVIEW01

I am a single female coming into Port of Miami on a Virgin cruise. I am meeting my sister coming into FLL. We are going out of Port of Everglades on a Celebrity cruise the next day. I am trying to find transportation up to FLL or Diani Beach area hotel.  Virgin doesn't provide any shuttle service.

All the transport services are showing $100 or more. Is there any share ride service?

8 hours ago, PINEVIEW01 said:

I am a single female coming into Port of Miami on a Virgin cruise. I am meeting my sister coming into FLL. We are going out of Port of Everglades on a Celebrity cruise the next day. I am trying to find transportation up to FLL or Diani Beach area hotel.  Virgin doesn't provide any shuttle service.

All the transport services are showing $100 or more. Is there any share ride service?

Virgin has no shuttle to Fort Lauderdale airport, If they do, take it then the cruise port is only a 2 mile cab ride from the airport.

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Virgin has no shuttle to Fort Lauderdale airport, If they do, take it then the cruise port is only a 2 mile cab ride from the airport.

The OP is coming into PortMiami, not Port Everglades.

@PINEVIEW01, I think your best option is to Uber/Lyft to whatever hotel you guys are staying at.

4 hours ago, PINEVIEW01 said:

Weren't we on a cruise together? Maybe the Liberty?

I doubt it, since I have no idea who you are. 🙂

Last time we were on Liberty OTS was over 10 years ago, so I wouldn't remember anyone from that cruise anyway. I don't even remember anyone from the cruise we just took 3 weeks ago. Sorry!

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I doubt it, since I have no idea who you are. 🙂

It was back in 2011. I just was sure I recognized your profile. Other than that I can't remember people 🙃

Edited by PINEVIEW01
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Most cruise lines have shuttles going to BOTH airports after a cruise. 

So I called Virgin and they don't. I got advice on FB group and got hooked  up getting a uber to train. I can uber from the station to hotel. Thank you all for your help

• Like 1

It was back in 2011. I just was sure I recognized your profile. Other than that I can't remember people 🙃

I didn't join CC until 2017, so it was definitely not me. 🙂

So I called Virgin and they don't. I got advice on FB group and got hooked  up getting a uber to train. I can uber from the station to hotel. Thank you all for your help

why not uber directly from the port to the hotel?

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PINEVIEW01 said:

That is just complicating things. You now have to deal with 2 Ubers and a train. Just pay a bit more and take a single Uber 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PINEVIEW01 said:

Yes, I figure that out last night but already had the Train and a $10 uber credit.  Live and learn

Good grief you’re just making things complicated for yourself. I don’t know how much the train cost, but I would forget that idea. Just taking an Uber from Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale hotel. Even if you forfeit the money that you already paid for a train ticket sometimes our time and effort is worth more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Are the train tickets not refundable, or only refundable for a credit, not cash?

They are only refundable for credit. I was going to cancel last night.

I will be transferring and traveling the whole day. I really did blow it.