Beverage pkg

20 hours ago, mlmdaisy said:

It was not clear from my invoice but my agent confirmed that I have Simply More.  Since I booked a short while ago, I believe everything is simpler (no pun intended now).  I think there are only two options, SM and SM with air.

We have a credit to be applied to shore excursions.  I much prefer this to have a certain number of excursions, excluding the pricier ones.

Adding to my confusion, I sailed with Oceania last summer, when (I think) the deal was OLife.  Unless we opted out of the perk, we were limited to certain excursions.  What we have now is better, I think.

The WIFI package seems to be per device now, not per stateroom.  The basic drink package is fine for us; I rarely have more than one alcoholic drink per day (wish I liked wine more, and yes I'm ashamed).  The two specialty dining meals are appreciated and I'm OK taking the leftover times (cheapo cabins).

Friends we made on Atlas last month actually felt sorry for us when they saw that our cabin was near the lockers; we thought that was funny.  We'll take steerage if it means more vacations and more cruises!!! 

Reading this post, I'm so impressed with you. Easy peasy is a great way to live. Congrats.

4 hours ago, ORV said:
  1. Just to be clear, you get soft drinks or any other non alcohol drink all day. You also have your mini frig stocked with sodas of your choice. 

We had "Mexican Coke" with our lunch yesterday. I'm guessing that might not be available. But Co-Cola as we Southerners call it is still just fine.

I may be in the minority here, but I am so happy with the shift to refillable water bottles on both Oceania and Atlas.  We never ran out from the glass bottles provided in our cabins.  I can't remember if it's one or both that offers "regular" and sparkling.

I also can't remember if it was on the Regatta that one family was always drinking virgin pina coladas and daiquiris.   I guess if you take the inclusion of all nonalcoholic beverages literally all those blender drinks are also possible.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Does this also apply to bottled water?

Still and/or sparkling Vero water is provided daily (still is the default, so ask your cabin steward if you want sparkling). If you want other bottled water, request it in advance for the best chance of getting it; you aren't guaranteed to get it, but it is possible if they can stock it.

• Thanks 1

Have seen a lot of canned soda and sparkling water, too. Both free.

I'd go up to the bar in Horizons to see what kind of water they had. Bottled and canned. Then I'd ask the bartender for whatever I wanted. He'd set aside two bottles/cans of whatever I wanted each night.

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

Have seen a lot of canned soda and sparkling water, too. Both free.

I'd go up to the bar in Horizons to see what kind of water they had. Bottled and canned. Then I'd ask the bartender for whatever I wanted. He'd set aside two bottles/cans of whatever I wanted each night.

Or ask your room steward. Youn can request your room fridge be stocked with your preference of water/soda all free of charge

• Like 1

Okay, here comes Nancy, the environmentalist.  You can get Vero water anywhere on the ship in a glass.  I hate using plastic and cans when it really isn't necessary.  If it makes you feel good then go with what you want and I'm sure you can always get a plastic bottle or a can.  I guess I'm just a hippie who grew up and still wants to make the world a better place.  Peace and love to all.  Look for me in my tie dyed t--shirt on the next cruse.  And I might even have some flowers in my hair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iowananny said:

Okay, here comes Nancy, the environmentalist.  You can get Vero water anywhere on the ship in a glass.  I hate using plastic and cans when it really isn't necessary.  If it makes you feel good then go with what you want and I'm sure you can always get a plastic bottle or a can.  I guess I'm just a hippie who grew up and still wants to make the world a better place.  Peace and love to all.  Look for me in my tie dyed t--shirt on the next cruse.  And I might even have some flowers in my hair. 

Nancy, I'm with you. I even have shoes made from recycled, plastic water bottles. If I leave home without my plastic water bottle (probably five years old) I go back home and get it. Thanks.

On 6/29/2024 at 7:58 AM, mlmdaisy said:

You last comment concerns me.  What trouble have you had booking excursions?  We have a cruise for December and I've already booked two.  Is there a hurdle I'm unaware of?  I called with some questions and was told to book additional excursions by calling back.  I wondered why I was being discouraged from using the website, since it worked for the first two.

We booked in mid-March for a trip July 6, 2024.  Excursions were for the most part already booked.

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Does Oceania offer Caffeine Free Diet Coke currently.

There was limited availability about two years ago.

Request it be stocked in your cabin in advance with your TA or whatever channel you booked through. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cruising Maryland said:

Or ask your room steward. Youn can request your room fridge be stocked with your preference of water/soda all free of charge

I went up to Horizons nightly when the Seaside Band was playing. Sadly, usually all but empty. Got to know the lead singer because she smoked and my wife & her would smoke in the lounge next to Horizons during their break. Also gave me a chance to talk nightly with the bartender when the bar was empty. A very nice guy. He'd always call out to me when he'd see me coming and usually have 2 of my "fav" waiting for me. Was a great way to meet some crew/entertainers. After her break I'd listen to 2 or 3 songs. And take my water back down to my cabin.

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

I went up to Horizons nightly when the Seaside Band was playing. Sadly, usually all but empty. Got to know the lead singer because she smoked and my wife & her would smoke in the lounge next to Horizons during their break. Also gave me a chance to talk nightly with the bartender when the bar was empty. A very nice guy. He'd always call out to me when he'd see me coming and usually have 2 of my "fav" waiting for me. Was a great way to meet some crew/entertainers. After her break I'd listen to 2 or 3 songs. And take my water back down to my cabin.

I used to  smoke, was usually at the pool deck. Met a lot of people that way. I quit about 5 years ago. How will I meet people now? Just kidding. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cruising Maryland said:

I used to smoke, was usually at the pool deck. Met a lot of people that way. I quit about 5 years ago....

I've met 3 of the 4 captains we've had on our cruises in the upper smoking lounge. The last one, an Italian, had apparently quit smoking recently. So I did see him pop in once very briefly but he left and I didn't speak with him. So many of the various managers and supervisors also smokers. Often able to give personal thanks to my cabin steward & attendant directly to the Hotel Manager.

And yes, have met a lot of interesting smokers by the pool, in their area, too. But they often seem to be the younger crowd or the older cigar smokers.

On 7/1/2024 at 4:42 PM, MEFIowa said:

I've met 3 of the 4 captains we've had on our cruises in the upper smoking lounge. The last one, an Italian, had apparently quit smoking recently. So I did see him pop in once very briefly but he left and I didn't speak with him. So many of the various managers and supervisors also smokers. Often able to give personal thanks to my cabin steward & attendant directly to the Hotel Manager.

And yes, have met a lot of interesting smokers by the pool, in their area, too. But they often seem to be the younger crowd or the older cigar smokers.

I am definitely NOT the younger crowd. Now I try to stay away from the smoking area. I quit for health reasons, and don't want to be tempted to go back

• Like 2