Cruise one way TO Galveston...

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm looking for something different this go around and hoping Royal might have something available. I've seen them listed in the past and I'm curious to see if anyone knows about a cruise that might be available that has a final destination port to Galveston. 

The only time it ever happens and it's not very often is with a longer repo or a TA.  Any repos from Florida are always a 2 day staff only because of the PVSA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Done ita few times  Always a TA.  We live in central Texas and drive to Houston the night before  Arrange to leave our car at the hotel for a fee or use long term parking at the airport.  Fly to Barcelona/Rome/etc whereever for a week or a few days early then board ship.  Cruise home and take private or ship transport back to the airport to get our car.

These have been our absolutely faverite cruises.

1 hour ago, margeecruiser said:

Done ita few times  Always a TA.  We live in central Texas and drive to Houston the night before  Arrange to leave our car at the hotel for a fee or use long term parking at the airport.  Fly to Barcelona/Rome/etc whereever for a week or a few days early then board ship.  Cruise home and take private or ship transport back to the airport to get our car.

These have been our absolutely faverite cruises.

We have done 7 TA'S from Rome, Barcelona and Southampton. Last 5 have been on Oasis Class. These are now are absolutely favorite way to cruise. A 14 night TA on Oasis Class with 1500 kids not onboard is fantastic. 

Sometimes see repositioning through San Juan.  So potentially something out of the East coast to San Juan, then next going to Galveston.  You would need to fly to San Juan since a New Jersey to Galveston trip would be illegal.  Sometimes the ships do several San Juan Caribbean cruises before heading to Galveston, and those could be used as a B2B ending in Galveston.

Obviously these are rare.  Disney Magic 15 Nov San Juan to Galveston (could do 7 day San Juan-San Juan sailing on 8 Nov before it).  I see a few San Juan to Florida over the next year and some San Juan transatlantic eastbound.  I don't see any of these for Royal ships except 2026 Harmony Galveston to Barcelona and a Jewel Galveston to San Juan move.

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Thanks everyone. A couple years back I thought there was a NY to Houston type cruise. I missed out on that one. But thanks again!

It CAN be a repo - I took one on Adventure from Cape Liberty to Galveston in 2022.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Thanks everyone. A couple years back I thought there was a NY to Houston type cruise. I missed out on that one. But thanks again!

NCL Prima January 2, 2025 NYC to Galveston 15 days.  It stops in Aruba to satisfy PVSA.  We are booked!