Breakaway avoids Beryl

Tallulah20

Currently in the Haven on the Breakaway. Our original itinerary had us close to Hurricane Beryl. The captain announced the itinerary change before leaving Miami yesterday. 
We are grateful for being kept updated and safe and still are able to have a wonderful cruise 

image.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

When you can, could you please post a list of the current Officers?  I see by the letter you received that The Breakaway has a new Captain and I know that there is a new General Manager.  Would like to have current information to share on another thread.

Thank You 

• Like 1

Better to be safe.  Side note: for our cruise on Breakaway two weeks ago Tortola was replaced with a day at sea, due to "customer feedback, environment concerns, etc".  You have what our exact cruise was supposed to be. I guess Tortola's better now?? They really didn't have to lie. I would rather have rerouted due to weather than a lie.

I know it's not what you booked; hope you have a great cruise anyway.  Don't miss Syd Normans!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Nice! Glad to hear this. We were on the Breakaway during the infamous bomb cyclone cruise and i wish our Captain would've have sailed around that 😆. We have some crazy memories, and I'm still bitter they refused to refund NONE of our Vibe cabana on a prorated basis (Vibe was closed starting on day 3 of our 7 night cruise), but always safer to avoid than sail right through a storm like we did! Have fun!

• Like 2

Prayers for all staff members and their families who may be in harms way from Hurricane Beryl whether they are serving on a ship or live in the Caribbean region.  The more you read and see the worse this storm seems to be.

Prayers for everyone's safety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tortola is a lovely island and we enjoyed our visit to the flower garden about a 10 minute walk from where the ship docks. On our way back two kids around 12 came up beside us (with matching tee shirts) and said they were our official greeters and would like to welcome us to the island....I highly doubted it but gave them a few dollars and they ran away LOL Did not feel unsafe at all. Don't know if they are still doing this.