Symphony of the Seas out of Bayonne

32 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Lobster tails, shrimps, etc. are you sure it was a RCL ship.  🤣If so, in the WJ. 

I left my phone in the room. Otherwise I would have taken pictures. But yes, in the WJ. I didn't believe it either.

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

We sailed on her in May and had a great time. Embarkation lunch had chilled lobster tails, peeled jumbo shrimp, and tuna tartar. 

Did they have a Solarium sail away party for D, D+, and P?

They had them on the Anthem TAs last year and we had one on the April Oasis TA.

36 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Never one on any ships that I've sailed from Bayonne.  Bayonne is my favorite port of embarkation and disembarkation as I'm only 25 minutes away from the parking lot.😊

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I left my phone in the room. Otherwise I would have taken pictures. But yes, in the WJ. I didn't believe it either.

I'm on the October SOTS sail and hoping for a similar experience.

56 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Don't know about the solarium sail away party, and I am D+.

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I have only seen them on transatlantic cruises.

21 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

Symphony is my favorite ship, but i've never sailed on her out of Bayonne, only florida. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

She's my favorite ship too and I'm glad we can drive to her - for now.

• Like 1

We were on the June 21-28 sailing.   The ship is huge and it was very crowded being just after school ends for lots of folks.  We were with family who had kids and they did almost everything on board and had a blast.   We are more mellow cruisers who make the most of everything.  The windjammer was crowded and the elevators required lots of patience.   The water show was amazing and the best show we have ever seen.  Being able to sit under a tree in Central Park and read a book is incredible.   I would have liked more availability to sit and watch the ocean but we had a balcony cabin so spent a lot of time there.  Bayonne was easy to get to and fairly well organized.  Any questions, ask away.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2024 at 8:49 AM, smokeybandit said:

Reading reviews may well be the worst place to research cruises.

Everyone thoughts are different. People sometime stretch the truth. Personally, I loved the ship  

We're looking to book Symphony as Bayonne is only a 40 minute drive for us. Would like to try 1-3 specialty restaurants (TBD) depending on MDR food. Are there any nightly menus you thought were the best or any you felt were the worst? 

3 minutes ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

We're looking to book Symphony as Bayonne is only a 40 minute drive for us. Would like to try 1-3 specialty restaurants (TBD) depending on MDR food. Are there any nightly menus you thought were the best or any you felt were the worst? 

I was on the Symphony 4 months ago and wasnt thrilled about Caribbean night menu in the dining room.  Also the Italian night menu looks good but being from New York it isnt the same quality italian im accustomed to, so i would probably book specialty dining for those nights.  As far as the best....the 2 formal nights.  First one is usually the beef tenderloin and the 2nd formal night is lobster night.  Cant miss in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusin1112 said:

I was on the Symphony 4 months ago and wasnt thrilled about Caribbean night menu in the dining room.  Also the Italian night menu looks good but being from New York it isnt the same quality italian im accustomed to, so i would probably book specialty dining for those nights.  As far as the best....the 2 formal nights.  First one is usually the beef tenderloin and the 2nd formal night is lobster night.  Cant miss in my book.

Just the kind of info I was looking for! I was thinking the same about Italian night. In theory I love the entire menu but being from the NYC area we have such incredible Italian food, I feel like it won't come close.

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 4:13 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Alas, no, not until the last week.

On 7/2/2024 at 5:29 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Yes!  All month.  😄 

@Merion_Mom we board September 1st with @Yorkvillain, so hopefully see you onboard the ship.

Edited by A&L_Ont

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Also board September 1st.  Will Owen be Flowriding with you?

He will be starting school on the Wednesday, so it's just Lisa and I on our 20 year anniversary cruise.  He's already a bit sad, oh well.😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 6:04 AM, puggylicious said:

I have read some of the reviews for the Symphony out of Bayonne. Seems that a few were not good reviews. What have your experiences been on the Bayonne Symphony sailings?

Really?  Symphony is my favorite ship if I were to rate them all (including over the newer Wonder due to the shows).  Modern beautiful ship with amazing shows, areas, art work/decor and food options.  

We've been on Anthem and Liberty out of Bayonne.  I like that port as it's easy to get to from our location (with driving an option if needed).  Anthem was in March so we had to deal with cooler temps first and last day but Liberty was June.  I love the sail away with the NY skyline and then going under the bridge.  

Reviews are subjective so I'd take them with a grain of salt.

Edited by LuCruise

On 7/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, puggylicious said:

We often sail out of Bayonne and like not having to fly. And we love the Oasis. Just was a little disappointed about some of the reviews I’ve read about the Symphony. I am not going to read anymore reviews. Looking forward to sailing on Symphony. 

I sailed the Symphony out of Bayonne in June and July.  Both trips were excellent.  Great service!!  Don't miss the ice show, I thought it was the best I have seen in a long time.

• Like 1

After 20 years since we sailed on RCL with 35 Celebrity sailings in between, we went on SOTS out of Bayonne this past June with our kids and grandkids.  This was the first cruise for our four grandkids, ages 3 to 11 and they loved everything about it.  They enjoyed the usual kids things and also the shows and eating in the MDR.  We thought it would be a once and done for us but we loved it so much that we booked the same cruise this Sept for just the two of us when (hopefully) 😉 most kids are back in school.  We didn't know if the food and service would be disappointing after being used to Celebrity but we were very impressed with both.  Our favorite place to hang out and have drinks in the evening was Central Park.  The kids used flashlights to go "duck hunting". 

Sue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1