Sky Princess Reserve Collection Mini Suite - a couple of questions, please

Brissle

Hi everyone,

We have splashed out for a major wedding anniversary and booked a Reserve Collection (used to be Club Class) Mini-Suite on Sky Princess in November.

We have paid Princess Plus fare, so drinks, tips and WiFi are included.  I've looked at the list of amenities provided - they look pretty good - but I have a few questions, please.

Does that category of cabin give us free access to any of the speciality restaurants?  If not, what is the supplementary charge to use those restaurants.

Do we need to make speciality restaurant reservations in advance of sailing?

Also, is there a charge for room service if we want to have a meal (breakfast or lunch) in the cabin?

Do we get access to the Sanctuary area?  I believe that is an adults only area with it's own pool.  Or do we pay extra for that.?

We would be grateful for any tips - we want to make the most of this special cruise.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Brissle said:

Hi everyone,

We have splashed out for a major wedding anniversary and booked a Reserve Collection (used to be Club Class) Mini-Suite on Sky Princess in November.

We have paid Princess Plus fare, so drinks, tips and WiFi are included.  I've looked at the list of amenities provided - they look pretty good - but I have a few questions, please.

Does that category of cabin give us free access to any of the speciality restaurants?  If not, what is the supplementary charge to use those restaurants.

Do we need to make speciality restaurant reservations in advance of sailing?

Also, is there a charge for room service if we want to have a meal (breakfast or lunch) in the cabin?

Do we get access to the Sanctuary area?  I believe that is an adults only area with it's own pool.  Or do we pay extra for that.?

We would be grateful for any tips - we want to make the most of this special cruise.

Thanks

Plus package and reserve dining does not have any free special dining   They tend to range from $35-$40 per person plus 18% tip. You can pay in advance or book on board. No free access to Sanctuary   With plus package you can order on room service by phone or use Ocean Now from the app no extra charge but some items may have a charge

Posted (edited)

@Brissle Happy major anniversary.

yes, you may make specialty dining reservations ahead of time on the app or the Web version. ( fee involved)

Also under Princess.com there is a reserve collection frequently asked questions and the amenities you should receive.

You will be able to go to the reserve collection dining room, which is an area set aside in one of the main dining rooms, just for the reserve collection and full suite passengers-no reservations needed.

And this will be for dinner every night if you choose & breakfast ( for reserve minis) and lunch on sea days. 
If you wish to have breakfast in the cabin, there is usually a hangtag that you put out the night before and place an order ( complimentary to every cabin) or you can use the ocean now from the app since you have the plus fare package.

I think the retreat pool on deck 17 ( Sun) is open to all. I don’t know if it’s adult only?? I’m not sure if the sanctuary ( fee based) even has a pool. I see a hot tub on the deck plan.

Reserve collection:Wine bottle on embarkation,evening canapés upon request, & glass of bubbly at embarkation.

Edited by arizonaperson

Yes, with the. PLUS beverage package, you can do room service...

IF you use your Ocean Now app.  IF you use your phone, you will be charge $5.

Room Service menu is very limited.  You will not be able to order food from the Main Dining Room (Club Class/Reserve Collection).

Since your package does not include specialty restaurants, I would book them now for the day/time you want.  I never had much luck booking specialty restaurants online.  If the app doesn't work, try the online web base version that you can see when you sign in to your personalizer.  Others don't seem to have difficulties making reservations.  PRINT a copy of your payment.

I also have never tried the balcony dinners.  I know others who have and thought that was pretty special.  

Happy Anniversary and have a good time.

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, with the. PLUS beverage package, you can do room service...

IF you use your Ocean Now app.  IF you use your phone, you will be charge $5.

Room Service menu is very limited.  You will not be able to order food from the Main Dining Room (Club Class/Reserve Collection).

Since your package does not include specialty restaurants, I would book them now for the day/time you want.  I never had much luck booking specialty restaurants online.  If the app doesn't work, try the online web base version that you can see when you sign in to your personalizer.  Others don't seem to have difficulties making reservations.  PRINT a copy of your payment.

I also have never tried the balcony dinners.  I know others who have and thought that was pretty special.  

Happy Anniversary and have a good time.

We don’t like to pay in sf dance for the specialty dinners since we like to see MDR menus in the morning before making decisions. We have never had an issue getting into the venues after 7:30 or so

Just now, memoak said:

We don’t like to pay in sf dance for the specialty dinners since we like to see MDR menus in the morning before making decisions. We have never had an issue getting into the venues after 7:30 or so

I am not an early eater (5 PM).  I do like the 6ish range.  After 7:30 is just too late for such a heavy meal (Crown Grill).  Would love to have that meal as a lunch time offer.  

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not an early eater (5 PM).  I do like the 6ish range.  After 7:30 is just too late for such a heavy meal (Crown Grill).  Would love to have that meal as a lunch time offer.  

We don’t eat dinner before 7:30 even at home. On ship we generally don’t get back to the stateroom till after midnight or later. Plenty of time to digest food 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for that info.

It looks like we're going to have a special time anyway - it's our 60th anniversary.

We never eat before 7.30pm at home or on holiday (often later), so getting bookings in the other restaurants shouldn't be a problem by the sound of it.

As our package includes some OBC it won't matter if we are charged occasionally for extras.

Our special cabin has good space, so we thought that having the odd meal in there (on even on the balcony) would be fun.

We're grateful for your advice.

Sorry - a supplementary question - it's been a few years since we sailed with Princess and I've forgotten some of the details (must be middle age creeping up on me).

With the WiFi  are we entitled to use one device each or one per cabin?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Brissle said:

Sorry - a supplementary question - it's been a few years since we sailed with Princess and I've forgotten some of the details (must be middle age creeping up on me).

With the WiFi  are we entitled to use one device each or one per cabin?

Thanks

If you have the Plus Package it is one device per person.  And, you can always log-off one device and log-in on another device.

I frequently switch between my phone and my tablet, very easy.